· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - korith   another pleco for your AC Tank - Northernguy   Good job with your filter - Cliff   No! You're banned for sending me a gift.. : ) - Little Embers   Any more pleco's and your going to need a bigger tank. - gadget228   
    Childhood Cancer - Pleco380   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Pleco380   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Pleco380   

0 Not allowed!
    Feeder goldfish are often bred in massive amounts. Even if they do have a wonderful tank they may pass away. I would suggest you stock the tank with a small school of rainbows.
    26 gallon- 1 Clown Pleco, 3 Rummy-nose Tetras
    Read about my fish in my blog:http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...wjournal&j=467

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Your first gift on AC, Welcome to the forum! - Brookfish   welcome - Algenco   Welcome to AC - Celtic Fins   Congrats on your awards! - Brookfish   Congratulations on your award. - Celtic Fins   
    Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - rich311k   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - rich311k   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - rich311k   

0 Not allowed!
    I would base it around a trio of pearl gouramis. You could do a nice planted Asain set up. Add some rasboras and some loaches.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For your first article and sticky! - fins_n_fur   For being a nice person. - Brookfish   For my fellow Missourian! - Corndawg   For the holidays : ) - lovleeko   Merry Xmas! - Corndawg   

0 Not allowed!
    I really like the angel idea I have always wanted them but I also thought about just doing a cold water tank since this isnt in a place I see it all the time.
    55gal: 1gold severum(jasper),1 Green Sev (Spot), 3 tiger barbs (left), bovarian ram.
    29gal: 3 goldfish growing out
    Scott

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Next round is on me! :-D - MCHRKiller   Another day, another round for my friends. - mommy1   Friends don't let friends drink alone, Cheers - Cliff   After all that virtual alcohol it's time to sober up with some virtual food - mommy1   I think this will help after the tree - mommy1   

0 Not allowed!
    The trio of pearls is a nice idea. You could also do a pair of rams or kribs or trio of apistos as a centerpiece.
    Quote Originally Posted by i_am_511
    Lighten up its just the internet its not like someone came in your house and punched a baby in the face.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mollielover
    Just cause I cycle them doesnt mean I will kill them. I can always take them somewhere.

Also, I guess Im not stuck on on a cichlid but I like bigger fish/prettier fish.
    I didn't mean that YOU will kill them, I meant at the store they are sold like feeders, because they only cost cents...

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pleco380
    Feeder goldfish are often bred in massive amounts. Even if they do have a wonderful tank they may pass away. I would suggest you stock the tank with a small school of rainbows.

They might pass away. But they can live happy lives in ponds later on when they are big enough. Know a few people they rescued them from death by being eaten.

Apart from that, I still vote for a fishless cycle if there are no fish already bought

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - korith   another pleco for your AC Tank - Northernguy   Good job with your filter - Cliff   No! You're banned for sending me a gift.. : ) - Little Embers   Any more pleco's and your going to need a bigger tank. - gadget228   
    Childhood Cancer - Pleco380   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Pleco380   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Pleco380   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanna
    They might pass away. But they can live happy lives in ponds later on when they are big enough. Know a few people they rescued them from death by being eaten.

Apart from that, I still vote for a fishless cycle if there are no fish already bought

Pond fish! I forgot about that idea. Yes a fishless cycle is a good idea.
    26 gallon- 1 Clown Pleco, 3 Rummy-nose Tetras
    Read about my fish in my blog:http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...wjournal&j=467

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pleco380
    Pond fish! I forgot about that idea. Yes a fishless cycle is a good idea.
    Yay I can see happy fishes, lol
    The article Lady Hobbs wrote is just terrific. ...so are the other sticky ones and the e-book. Did you download it? Really worth reading it.

Enjoy your new hobby

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the help! You need a gift. - Pleco380   Have another fish for your AC Tank! - Northernguy   Thanks for reassuring me I'm not a hoarder ;) - Rue   for making me laugh when i read your other pets in your profile. lol - Jeddi   Thanks - Cliff   
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - promise   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - promise   Childhood Cancer - promise   

0 Not allowed!
    3 Angels would be a nice stocking suggestion but if it were me i would go with an asian style landscaped and maybe some rainbows or go the rocky outcrop route and a few convicts or as has been suggested go with a pair of rams.
    i have to go through the ordeal of doing the same thing soon, as i have a 30 g coming up empty in a few weeks, going to plant heavily and maybe turn it in to an amazon river basin tank.
    good luck with the project cant wait to see what you finally decide on though and cannot wait to see the pics.
    16 tanks and counting

The more i look at your tank the more i want your tank in my tank!
    Chris

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Corys are fantastic bottom cleaners. Couple of otos for algae control.

And a swarm of celebes rainbows...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast