· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

here ya go! - Agassizii   No Message - robflanker   No Message - Tetris   dude, you need to chill - Lab_Rat   just cause - Twe3k   
    Gay and Lesbian Pride - Pele   

Default The black button

0 Not allowed!
    This was a video shown at a philosiphy lecture that I was recently at, and I thought that it was really interesting.
    Watch the video funtil the 5 minute mark, then pause. Come back here and say if you would press it and why.
    Do not talk about the ending.
    Warning: This film contains a small amout of blood, light swearing, and is mildly frightening
    Last edited by Pele; 07-08-2010 at 10:24 PM.
    Have you had your daily dosage of Pele?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJLII...ature=youtu.be
    ^Shaving is hard^

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Next round is on me! :-D - MCHRKiller   Another day, another round for my friends. - mommy1   Friends don't let friends drink alone, Cheers - Cliff   After all that virtual alcohol it's time to sober up with some virtual food - mommy1   I think this will help after the tree - mommy1   

0 Not allowed!
    Wouldn't push the button. I see enough death at work that I would not want to be responsible for doing that to someone.
    Quote Originally Posted by i_am_511
    Lighten up its just the internet its not like someone came in your house and punched a baby in the face.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

ya needed one - korith   for being super sweet - Lynn Conroy   I told you I'd use it well ;-) - DragonWatch   Something for your tank,  and for being a good sport. - Brookfish   Happy Saint Patricks Day! - Brookfish   
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - lobsternoob   

0 Not allowed!
    I'm way too greedy for my own good at times, I'd probably press it, I'd feel guilty about it, and the guilt would probably drive me nuts after, but I think in the situation with someone egging me on like that, I'd push it. cool vid.
    No matter how much I learn or know I'm still gonna be a NOOB, but that doesn't mean I'm an idiot!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

here ya go! - Agassizii   No Message - robflanker   No Message - Tetris   dude, you need to chill - Lab_Rat   just cause - Twe3k   
    Gay and Lesbian Pride - Pele   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lab_Rat
    Wouldn't push the button. I see enough death at work that I would not want to be responsible for doing that to someone.
    Whats your job?
    Have you had your daily dosage of Pele?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJLII...ature=youtu.be
    ^Shaving is hard^

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need a fish for your thoughtful posts!  Brain food! - Rue   Another Betta for your AC tank - Cliff   thanks for plant link - Lady Hobbs   good luck with your geckos! - Crispy   

0 Not allowed!
    This idea has been done several times in the past before, though they did put a different twist on it I suppose. Still a pretty cool video.
    20 and 10 gallon community tanks, 5.5 gallon dwarf gourami tank
    Red tail boa, Corn snake, Albino Nelson's milksnake
    Fire belly toads (2), Red eye tree frogs (2), Antilles pinktoe tarantula
    Mourning gecko, Electric blue gecko, Crested gecko, Mali uromastyx

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

congratulations on the cycled tank!! - mommy1   Too bad you cant really open them... - DemonShark   congratulations on your award - Celtic Fins   thanks for the rock elp. - krystalsohun   hang in there - mommy1   
    Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - jackson17   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pele
    Whats your job?
    I second that.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

for OZ - mac   

0 Not allowed!
    it is just like the movie "The Box". TERRIBLE movie btw =P.
    i suggest steering clear of it =P.
    anyways, i would push it. mostly because i would be thinking i was being punked or something =P.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need a fish for your thoughtful posts!  Brain food! - Rue   Another Betta for your AC tank - Cliff   thanks for plant link - Lady Hobbs   good luck with your geckos! - Crispy   

0 Not allowed!
    *Spoiler! Don't read if you haven't watched the video yet.*

I would more than likely push it, but only if it were truly random and doesn't have the twist at the end that all of these stories do. I believe the original story went something like this: mysterious guy shows up at door with button, tells main character he has 24 hours to push the button as many times as he likes which will kill one person he does not know and give him a million dollars, wife convinces him to push it just before the guy comes back, guy gives him a million dollars only to find out the next person to receive the button will be "someone that doesn't know him," meaning his fate rests in the next peoples' decisions and he killed the person before him.

If it were truly random, I think I would do it and try to use that money to save at least one life. Like it said in the movie, people die all the time and for stupid reasons to boot, so I think if I can better my own life (and yes, I would still buy a few luxuries), along with saving another person's life that would not have been saved would it not be for my newly acquired wealth, I would be alright with the whole situation. Probably wouldn't know for sure, though, until it actually happened.
    20 and 10 gallon community tanks, 5.5 gallon dwarf gourami tank
    Red tail boa, Corn snake, Albino Nelson's milksnake
    Fire belly toads (2), Red eye tree frogs (2), Antilles pinktoe tarantula
    Mourning gecko, Electric blue gecko, Crested gecko, Mali uromastyx

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Sorry for your loss - lahlumdi   here you go - mommy1   Heres Your Clown Fish! (Happy Easter!) - EmmanuelJB   
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - souly   

0 Not allowed!
    I'd push it. Why? Because people die, its a just matter of when, and how. Besides we're an over populated species anyway. AND, if someone does push the damn thing, I might be the next person to die. I'd say the odds would be pretty good. If did go as to say it was someone I didn't know, then fo sho i'd do it!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

congratulations on the cycled tank!! - mommy1   Too bad you cant really open them... - DemonShark   congratulations on your award - Celtic Fins   thanks for the rock elp. - krystalsohun   hang in there - mommy1   
    Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - jackson17   

0 Not allowed!
    Can we rig it to kill convicted sexual predators?