· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernguy
    I would not have ruined an expensive floor to just level a tank.
    I am glad it works for you!
    Now are you going to cycle it?
    I think the floor will be best served this way. The plastic protects the wood, moisture can still move through the porous subfloor, and the weight distribution will be excellent which will help the hardwood stay put on this unlevel floor. What makes you think the floor is ruined?

I had asked around quite a bit and this plus the jack underneath seemed to be the ideal way to preserve the floor. It's bad enough the previous owner didn't level the living room floor before laying the hardwood - I don't want to ruin the entire floor by starting problems in this one corner!

I think I'm gonna wait a day before I fill the tank, to give the leveler a chance to cure more. In the meantime, I've got another over-engineered project to connect a python to the showerhead in the bathroom near the tank (it won't fit on the oddball sink we have in there).

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Looks great! Can't wait to see it all set up.
    And the plastic should be enough to protect the wood floor. You may want to caulk the edges though in case of spills or leaks. The plastic will keep moisture from transferring from the leveler, but water can still seep under or around it.

0 Not allowed!
    I'm wondering where the filter hoses will go when the tank is tight to the wall like that. Also the electricial wires.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Hobbs
    I'm wondering where the filter hoses will go when the tank is tight to the wall like that. Also the electricial wires.
    I was going to mention that also, but hoped he had that worked out or found out before he filled the tank.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Oh it's not that tight - a few inches. There is about an inch of molding near the floor behind the tank, which increases the size of the gap. Just too tight to really work back there beyond placing hoses/cables but it wouldn't be a problem to replace a hose, etc.

I am filling the tank tonight, if I have time!

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Can you tell me if this still held up? I'm looking to do the same with my tank. My concern was the risk of future crumbling which is why I'm asking about any updates. Thanks

0 Not allowed!
    The member who made this thread has not been back since November of 2010. You should just start your own thread about your issue.

Liters to Gallons conversion calculator

"Keeping fish for any period of time doesn't make you experienced if you're doing it wrong. What does, is acknowledging those mistakes and learning from them." ~Aeonflame
    "
    your argument is invalid." ~Mommy1