· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Update time

We have all the bulbs installed and it looks awesome. We moved a lot of the softies from our 75 gallon over to this tank as well as an open brain and candy cane colony. Things are doing great so far. We plan on adding the cuc soon. As of now we are almost fully stocked as far as coral goes. We want the zoas to have plenty of room to grow. We will be adding a few more different zoas but other then that just the cuc and a fish or 2.

New FTS

The 2 LPS

Some zoas and the one sps, some type of acro

Armor of god and electric pink zoas

29 gallon-planted community

20 long frag tank
    75 gal-planted goldfish

75 gallon mixed reef with 20 gallon sump

0 Not allowed!
    More zoas and a green mushroom

Long Polyp Leather

20 long frag tank
    75 gal-planted goldfish

0 Not allowed!
    We also added a HOB filter for more aeration and to catch loose particles. The media will be cleaned in hot water weekly to kill off any nitrate that may build up.

20 long frag tank
    75 gal-planted goldfish

Awards Showcase

Why thank-you - Cliff The grammar crab has you in its grasp! D: - Trillianne Thanks for the clarification - Mith A few clown for the fellow SW clowns. :D - ILuvMyGoldBarb sorry about your angelfish - smaug 
    Many cultures donw through the ages have known that Ice cream is the perfect band-aid for all occasions. ~  Sorry for your loss. - 850R Here's some Christmass Cheer, Happy Holidays Sheamurai - Cliff merry xmas, keep good care of him - genocidex Beer! The perfect gift for any occasion - Merry Chrismas! - 850R I'm glad your here and a active forum member - Cliff 
    penguin for a friend XD - genocidex Thanks for the help with that spammer !!! - Cliff Thank you for the kind words - Cliff Merry Christmas - Cliff To help you re-stock the tank - Cliff 
    Discus and Beer! - Sandz To Discus Days!!! - JudiJetson For very clear advice! - houdini56 Happy Holidays! - Rue Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    Hmm, does the temp of the water matter for rinsing nitrates out of the media? I have an HOB on mine as well, and I rinse one week and replace the next - but I've never rinsed in hot water.

Looking very good!
    20gal long planted community

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you

I've always rinsed the sponge on the return pump in our 75 in very hot water. Our tap water gets 150 degrees or more. Weather it makes a difference or not I'm not sure, but I've never seen nitrates in any of our reef tanks so I'm going to keep doing it, lol

20 long frag tank
    75 gal-planted goldfish

0 Not allowed!
    We added 4 more zoa frags to the tank last night. They were tubbs blue, metallic blue, nuclear green, and cats eye. Each frag had at least 5 polyps and we got all of them for $25

So far we are almost 100% happy with the light. I was a little disappointed with the par levels on the sand bed. I'm going to add 8 more bulbs which will bring the par just where we want it. I forgot to mention that this lights gives a shimmer just like halides, plus the bulbs are good for 10+ years

20 long frag tank
    75 gal-planted goldfish

0 Not allowed!
    Great looking tank!
    Quote Originally Posted by i_am_511
    Lighten up its just the internet its not like someone came in your house and punched a baby in the face.

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you:) Lat night I ordered 8 more bulbs, 4 blue and 4 cool white. Hopefully that will give me the par I want on the sand, and improve the color a little more

20 long frag tank
    75 gal-planted goldfish

0 Not allowed!
    Update:
    The tank is doing awesome and we are getting some great growth on the zoas and our long polyp leather. At least 5 heads each on a few of the colonies. You should see the amount of pods in this tank . When I turn the lights on their all over the glass. I do have a few aptasia I need to take care off. We ordered 8 more bulbs which will hopefully be here soon and they will fine tune the color. The tanks been running less then 2 months and were already having to clean coralline off the front glass

Pics to hopefully come this afternoon or this weekend

20 long frag tank
    75 gal-planted goldfish

0 Not allowed!
    Update time. The tank is approaching the 2 month mark and all is well. We added the CUC last week. 10 blue legged hermits, 5 cerith snails, 3 peppermint shrimps, and 5 nassuris snails. I ordered the only fish for the tank and it should be in in 2 weeks. We decided on a flasher goby which has some dramatic changes in color. heres a vid I found of it on you tube.

We also added 8 more bulbs for a total of 18 and it really made the color great. Here are some pics

20 long frag tank
    75 gal-planted goldfish