· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my 29 gal reef

1. Default my 29 gal reef

0 Not allowed!
    hey this is my second tank. i got the tank second hand off ebay was a bargins really. will try a remember everything. i picked it up on a monday nite and after 2-3 hours of cleaning the tank and getting all the trop stuff out it looked like this

i added the water and sand bed the next next day then waited a few days for everything to settle and to get upto temp. i then added my stock from my old tank and all the water luckly i didn't have any problems or spikes.

so after letting things get settle down and fish and corals settle in. i got more LR and corals. so it was starting to take shape

i got white spot which most of my fish got.i lost a yellow clown goby and a sharknose goby. after i had got the spot under control and got rid of it. i started having problems with my nirates. nirates were reading bout 20ppm so was doing bout 2 10% water change a week.finally got them to zero and they r still there now thankfully.

this is how the tank was looking. i change the lighting from t8s to 2 aqua rays reef white and 1 marine white

i think that being us to present day. i have in the tank at the mom different coral bout 10 feather dusters 2 coco worms one white and red and the other red and orange. 2 cleaner shrimp a peppermint shrimp (somewhere) bout 10 hermits and 16 snails. fishes r 2 clowns 2 peacock wrasse 1 royal gramma 1 yellow headed jawfish 1 sailfin tang 1 firefish and 1green banded goby 1 red starfish. i know that my sailfin tang is going to need rehoming at some point.
    some pics of the tank now.

thats me hope i didn't bore u to much.
    let me know what u think good or bad all comments welcome
    thanks phil

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    some more pics

0 Not allowed!
    Great looking tank!!

4. Thumbs up

0 Not allowed!
    Very nice
    Kimberly

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    well guys there is going to be a change to tank either end of this week or mid next week. my sailfin tang to going to be rehome sad times i will miss him. getting a yellow tang to replace him

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    well sailfin tang has gone now will miss him but its for the best. i have had a yellow tang and he is doing very well

0 Not allowed!
    The yellow tang will need a bigger tank as well and I hope you quarantined him because tangs are notorious for getting ich

29 gallon-planted community

20 long frag tank
    75 gal-planted goldfish

75 gallon mixed reef with 20 gallon sump

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by labnjab
    The yellow tang will need a bigger tank as well and I hope you quarantined him because tangs are notorious for getting ich
    hopefully by that time i will have a bigger tank anyway yellow tang can grow upto 8 inch so not that big. and no i haven't quarantined i have never quaratined a fish in my life. any fish can get ich its just bout keeping them stress free and getting them eating.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!

this is my new fish

0 Not allowed!
    Nice mandarin!
    Be advised they can be challenging to maintain (they predominently feed on live copepods in your tank and it can be hard for them to eat other types of foods).
    African cichlid and saltwater aquariums

http://www.rowelab.com/AquaControlle...9&scope=last24