· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default SunSchein89's 5.5 gal. betta journal

0 Not allowed!
    So I finally got around to getting some pictures of this tank after it's been up for probably 2 months now. I'll have to look back to see when I actually started it. The driftwood I had in there was rotting like no other, and still kind of is, but I gave it a good scrub down along with my filter today during the water change, so I figured it was time to get some pictures up.

Day ?

Day ?

The thing I like about this tank is that it can be viewed from both sides, so there's no real background to it. It's sitting on the little wet bar between our living room and kitchen so you can see it from either side you're on.

I actually had some hornwort in there up until today but took it out and replaced it with some of the trimmings of mystery plant I have that's doing so well in my 10 gallon. That hygrophilia compacta is really starting to take off and get bushy now too. It was just one of those 4" tubes from PetCo to get you an idea of how big it has gotten. The leaves on it actually move all the time. During different parts of the day, you can see them either spread out as flat as possible or pointed nearly straight up.

Something else cool I like about this tank is I actually have a sponge filter in there hidden. It's behind the larger piece of drift wood on the one side of the tank. The sponge is sitting on the bottom of the tank under the wood with gravel sloped up around it and the little tube that the air bubbles come out of is hidden behind a seemingly perfectly shaped cavity that I have it wire tied to.

And, just some pictures of the lucky homeowner :). This was the betta I had to rehome from my 20 gal. after he got nippy.

Don't mind all the water spots and such, I was in a hurry, have to go to work soon unfortunately. I'll have to get some better pictures next time.
    20 and 10 gallon community tanks, 5.5 gallon dwarf gourami tank
    Red tail boa, Corn snake, Albino Nelson's milksnake
    Fire belly toads (2), Red eye tree frogs (2), Antilles pinktoe tarantula
    Mourning gecko, Electric blue gecko, Crested gecko, Mali uromastyx

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Stunning!!!! betta paradise
    YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/HOBBYBOY333?feature=mhum

Santa Claus has the right idea: visit people once a year
    Never take life to seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

0 Not allowed!
    Excellent tank.

0 Not allowed!
    Very nicely scaped.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Looks great!!

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Well this tank was long overdue for an update. So far, I've added an anubias plant, ditched the banana plant, added a little clipping of my one plant from the 20 just today to see how it will do, and added all the snails that I keep finding in my 20 to help mow down the wood rot.

I never really found out when I started up the tank, so we'll just call those first pictures day 1.

Day 36... don't mind the tacky window, it came with the house lol. We're in the process of redoing a few things

Day 36

Obviously had a good bit of growth in a month, who wouldn't .

Here's some snail eggs: been getting a bunch of these lately...

Hopefully they don't take over the tank, but it's a lot easier than having to take out all the wood and scrub it off, especially when one piece is attached to the filter.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quoting myself here from my other thread because I'm lazy...

"Well, my old betta, Alpha, died on me out of nowhere . All parameters checked out, didn't look bloated, was eating fine up until he passed away. I just noticed he seemed a little lethargic about 12-24 hours before he died. I've had him for about 6 months I think with no problems other than losing a piece of his fin every now and then. Going to miss the little guy."

So here's pics of the new betta who does not have a name just yet.

Day 58

Day 58

You can kind of see through it better now that I took a picture in the day time. Water's a little low due to being just before a water change and having a screen top lid.

Let's see what's new... well the snails made awesome work of the wood, there's not a single piece of fuzz anywhere to be found, plus now they're breeding like crazy. The breeding is really a good thing, because now I have a breeding ground to feed my dwarf puffer snails in my 10 gal. I trimmed up the plants quite a bit and finally planted my first clipping of the compacta. The java fern hasn't attached itself to the wood yet, but I think it looks kind of cool floating just above it at the same time.

That's about it for now I suppose. Thanks for lookin'.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Nice looking Betta mate.

Was the old one a juvenile when bought? If not, maybe it was old in years at the time of purchase!
    Fiiiiiiiiiiissssshhhhhh!

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I'm sorry your old Betta died. But the new one is really pretty

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    If I was a Betta I liked to move in there! Beautiful Tank!