· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by blesser13
    Few days before i treated the ick in my main tank, but last night we had no power during 4-5h wich decreased my water temp,o2, etc . Today i noticed that my cardinals are completely cover of white spots =_= , probably the temp went down and went up to fast and stressed them badly , im so sad , i was so happy that my fishs seem better. I should be better clean up all my tank remove everything , clean gravel etc. Ick semm pretty strong in my tank, i haven't lose any fish yet and no all the fish got white spots. I dont have other tank for hospital. Any sugestion ?
    If the whole tank's infected then your tank has become a hospital tank.

I am in the camp that ICH is always in the water. My experiences with it have supported this. Fish become sucseptable to it when they are stressed and weakened, like Skip mentioned about the flu.

There are two different kinds of ich manifestations. The first you are experiencing, where there is an outbreak and all the fish get it. That is a result of something major that's wrong, more often than not poor water quality (for WHATEVER reason). This will require treatment AND ALSO the root cause must be addressed, or it'll keep coming back.

The second is a temporary depletion of the fish's immune system. With this, only specific fish will get infected - the fish that are stressed. Breeding pressure as well as a bad mix of fish can cause just one or two fish to get ich. The most common scenario for this is when you first bring fish home from the store. It's quite common, IME, for fish to develop spots the day after I bring the fish home....especially if the employee sucks at netting fish. In this case, the fish's immune system bounces back once it's settled. The spots fall off, and the fish is not re-infected. That is for GENERALLY HEALTHY fish. Fish that are generally weak will not be able to recover on their own and will require medication. I personally choose not to stock such fish, and they never make it to the big tank.
    125 - BGK, pictus cats, silver dollars, kissing gouramis, palmas bichir, delhezi bichir
    125 - Red severum, bolivian rams, Turquoise rainbows, irian red rainbows, loaches (angelicus, zebra, kuhli and horseface), plecos (BN, RL and clown), denison barbs, pearl gouramis
    90 - Congo tetras, african knife, elephant nose, spotted ctenopoma, upside down cats

QTs - 29, 20H, 20L, 10

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Actually all of this ick started from my laoch clowns , extremely nervious fish and they catch ick pretty fast since my tank is not that big , I was using paraguard but the ick is to strong and the medicine dosent seem to iradicate the ick, i am changing for a stronger one , i removed 50% of my water , i added the carbon to remove any previous medicine and restart with the new one.

0 Not allowed!
    Right, but there is a root cause for your ich, and no amount of meds is going to prevent your fish from getting it again.

What tank are the clown loaches in and what is the complete stock for the tank?
    Last edited by jaysee; 06-24-2010 at 05:34 PM.
    125 - BGK, pictus cats, silver dollars, kissing gouramis, palmas bichir, delhezi bichir
    125 - Red severum, bolivian rams, Turquoise rainbows, irian red rainbows, loaches (angelicus, zebra, kuhli and horseface), plecos (BN, RL and clown), denison barbs, pearl gouramis
    90 - Congo tetras, african knife, elephant nose, spotted ctenopoma, upside down cats

QTs - 29, 20H, 20L, 10