· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

to buy more fish - hobbs   Welcome Back - Lady Hobbs   Welcome back & drink up! - Nick_Pavlovski   No Message - Full3R   

Default Rockey Background

0 Not allowed!
    With this you will need

*Plexyglass a bit bigger then the back plate of glass on your fish tank
    *plexyglass cutting tools
    *Aquarium Friendly Silicone
    *Gravel, Rocks, Fake Plats, anything extra

Step 1
    Boil the Rocks, Gravel, Fake plants, Plexyglass and any extra things you wish to use as you would any new addition to the tank

Step 2
    Make measurements of the inside of the back of your tank

Step 3
    Cut the Plexyglass into sevral sections that are manageable

Step 4
    Layout how you wish to design the background on the plexyglass

Step 5
    Begin to add each decoration onto the plexyglass with a dab of Aquarium Friendly Silicone (it helps if the side you are sticking the rocks to is a bit ruffed up it will stick better)

Step 6
    again boil the background

Step 7
    Place the the background in the back of the tank and bury the bottom of the shet in the gravel and lean one or two larger rocks against them and you have a rocky background

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need a beer to go with your name :) - Abbeys_Mom   your christmas present.  It's the 33g, it's folded :) - Abbeys_Mom   Merry X-mas - NorthernBoy   Singing to you.  Can you hear me? - hobbs   In memory of your friend, and a little love for you on that loss - kimmers318   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - crackatinny   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - crackatinny   AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - crackatinny   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - crackatinny   

0 Not allowed!
    I was only talking to the nephew the other night about doing something very similar, have you tried it?, I have an undergravel filter for the tank it was going to go in, I was thinking of cutting the back just short of the uprights and putting in a smaller piece at each end to conceal these.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Member of the month, a toast is in order. - Strider199   Sorry about your blood parrot :-( - ~firefly~   For this; http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showthread.php?t=111325 - Strider199   :-) - ~firefly~   Happy mother's day! Enjoy one on me LOL - imma24   
    Childhood Cancer - hobbs   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - hobbs   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Lady Hobbs   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Lady Hobbs   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Lady Hobbs   

0 Not allowed!
    They love the rocky background effects that you just glue to the glass from the inside. Pretty cool looking. Problem is, the center bar on the aquarium gets in the way of installing so has to be cut in pieces which takes away from the effect.

I also like the backgrounds now that go on the back of the tank that are self sticking. Saves messing with the scotch tape and trying to get it to stick.
    Last edited by hobbs; 12-01-2006 at 12:54 AM.