· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Thread: Help...

Default Help...

0 Not allowed!
    Ok, Multies are not doing well. Here are the symptoms and what I've tried.

Fish show lesions with puffy white fuzz.

Severely affected adopt a head up or head down orientation in corners near surface or plants.

Complete loss of appetite.

Stringy clear and white bowel movements.

Fraying and disintegration of the tail with white edging.

Some other fins affected as well but without disintegrating.

All fish are flashing against objects in the tank sometimes very vigorously, sometimes just a brush by.

I've seen some fish spasm (mid water) like they had a horrible itch or something...

I've completed three treatments with Jungle Labs Internal Parasite Guard
    (25% PWC between treatments (every other day))
    Almost two weeks of treatment with Melafix and Pimafix
    Almost two weeks of treatment with QuickCure.
    (Just did a 40% PWC tonight)

Of eight, one male is dead, two females are dead, and one female's starting to stay near the top corner... (one female has a facial deformity but is well other than that)

I thought that it might be Hexamita because of where the lesions were (mostly near the head) but I just don't know anymore. :(

They're in a tank that was set up just for their needs and has a cycled filter with water chemistry that's very good (0,0,<5, ph7.6, 78F)

ANY help is appreciated.

Sark

1G Planted Betta tank, 1.5G Planted Betta tank, 10G Planted Swordtail Fry tank,
    10G Neolamprologus Multifasciatus (Shell Dweller) tank. Empty/Work in Progress 135G, 40GB, 2 x 20GL, 2 x 10G
    My aquarium (and more) videos on YouTube

Awards Showcase

Your first gift on AC, Welcome to the forum! - Brookfish welcome - Algenco Welcome to AC - Celtic Fins Congrats on your awards! - Brookfish Congratulations on your award. - Celtic Fins 
    You need one of these too. - Celtic Fins everyones given you one but me! - mommy1 Thanks for Playing Mafia - The Red Severum Congratulations on your award - Celtic Fins congrats on your award! - Brookfish 
    Congrats on your pic award - Celtic Fins Sorry about Blackie and the others mate! - fraggle the algae was meant to be tissues! - fraggle sorry about your fishies - lucyinthesky Ta for the rep! - Wetpets 
    BEST MAFIA PLAYER MAFIA 3.14 - Kaz Christmas in July!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Gayle Congrats on  POTM - Celtic Fins Congrats! - Wild Turkey Congrats on POTM! - Brookfish 
    Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - rich311k Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - rich311k World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - rich311k 

0 Not allowed!
    I am sorry. It sure sounds like somekind of parasite to me as well. I imagine the fungus is just a secondary infection. You might want to PM dave66, he might be able to help you out.

0 Not allowed!
    They've not eaten since I got them on the 4th of this month. So almost two weeks and no food.

Dave66 is always around I hope he'll see this.

Sark

10G Neolamprologus Multifasciatus (Shell Dweller) tank. Empty/Work in Progress 135G, 40GB, 2 x 20GL, 2 x 10G

0 Not allowed!
    How long exactly has this been going on? Has this been going on since the 4th and you continuously treated them with medication? It seems like you mixed mela/pima together with quick cure? Did you make sure to completely filter out all the medication before going to a new one? Are they in a QT tank now?

Somehow, I think the chemical soup only added more to their stress. Jungle Lab Internal P Guard is composed of salt, metro and acriflavine so it would be better to treat that for over a week if it was indeed internal hex.

With all of this, I think you should do daily W/C with aged water with the exact pH and temp of 100% daily and I think you should go for continuous PP treatment every 4 days or so. I'm not sure if you're familiar at all with how to treat like this. Daily water change at 100% and after a 4 hours PP bath at least. I want to see if anyone else will offer you any other advice but if it were me; I would be going the PP route now.
    Think with logic and rationality more than emotion. Act with moderation and consideration. Contemplate ideals and realistic goals and weigh out possibilities and options. Temper not with personal delusions or false hope but learn to accept and move on.

0 Not allowed!
    (I posted this in my "I Haz Multies" thread as well since this pertains to both threads)

Update on the Multies situation...

Did a 30% PWC and put a huge sock of carbon in to clean out the meds.... Left this in for two days and then I find this free swimming:

It's about 4-5mm in length and looks to have a hook or barb on it's one end which I'm assuming is the tail end.

I've been looking but I haven't found a pic or drawing that matches. I'm assuming that this is the parasite that's been killing off my new fish.

Please, if you have any idea, lemme know.

Sark

0 Not allowed!
    If that tank buddies parasite clear is working for you, use it again based on the recommedation dosage. Is it possible to move all those fishes into a hospital tank while you nuke the main tank and restart the cycle there after its thorougly disinfected?

Get a 10 gallon, 1 tab a day, change 100% next day, redose 1 tab, change 100% everyday for 3 days; then repeat process. for 3 - 4 weeks. I bet this would clear out whatever is in them.
    Think with logic and rationality more than emotion. Act with moderation and consideration. Contemplate ideals and realistic goals and weigh out possibilities and options. Temper not with personal delusions or false hope but learn to accept and move on.