· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Ick in a planted tank

0 Not allowed!
    Hello

Any sugestions of traitement for ick in a planted tank with shrimps?

Awards Showcase

Your first gift on AC, Welcome to the forum! - Brookfish welcome - Algenco Welcome to AC - Celtic Fins Congrats on your awards! - Brookfish Congratulations on your award. - Celtic Fins 
    You need one of these too. - Celtic Fins everyones given you one but me! - mommy1 Thanks for Playing Mafia - The Red Severum Congratulations on your award - Celtic Fins congrats on your award! - Brookfish 
    Congrats on your pic award - Celtic Fins Sorry about Blackie and the others mate! - fraggle the algae was meant to be tissues! - fraggle sorry about your fishies - lucyinthesky Ta for the rep! - Wetpets 
    BEST MAFIA PLAYER MAFIA 3.14 - Kaz Christmas in July!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Gayle Congrats on  POTM - Celtic Fins Congrats! - Wild Turkey Congrats on POTM! - Brookfish 
    Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - rich311k Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - rich311k World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - rich311k 

0 Not allowed!
    Try raising the temperature to over 88F and leave it there until no signs of ich remain.

Other choice remove fish to QC, treat them there. If the main stays fishless for a month the ich will be gone as no hosts exist.

0 Not allowed!
    Those temps would scare me. I would net out as many shrimp as you can find, put them in something else and drop in some Ick Medication. If you miss a few shrimp, they will replace themselves.

Air stones no matter if you use high heat or medications. Both deplete tank of oxygen.

Awards Showcase

Your first gift on AC, Welcome to the forum! - Brookfish welcome - Algenco Welcome to AC - Celtic Fins Congrats on your awards! - Brookfish Congratulations on your award. - Celtic Fins 
    You need one of these too. - Celtic Fins everyones given you one but me! - mommy1 Thanks for Playing Mafia - The Red Severum Congratulations on your award - Celtic Fins congrats on your award! - Brookfish 
    Congrats on your pic award - Celtic Fins Sorry about Blackie and the others mate! - fraggle the algae was meant to be tissues! - fraggle sorry about your fishies - lucyinthesky Ta for the rep! - Wetpets 
    BEST MAFIA PLAYER MAFIA 3.14 - Kaz Christmas in July!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Gayle Congrats on  POTM - Celtic Fins Congrats! - Wild Turkey Congrats on POTM! - Brookfish 
    Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - rich311k Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - rich311k World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - rich311k 

0 Not allowed!
    That is why i suggest moving the fish to another tank. Treat them there with whatever ich med the poster likes.

Meanwhile the main tank will happily go along making shrimp and ridding itself of ich. In a month when the fish are cured the tank will be clean and all is well.

For what it is worth I have raised temps that high many times, nothing really suffered and the ich did die. Aeration is a must.

0 Not allowed!
    blesser.....If you quarantined new fish before adding to your main tank, you could avoid this problem. I have a little 5 gallon I keep just for this reason. Cost me $8 plus a cheapie filter. So much easier than having this problem a couple weeks down the road.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    does shrimps can get ick? or they are kinda imminu

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by blesser13
    does shrimps can get ick? or they are kinda imminu
    Shrimp will not get it, the meds for it will kill shrimp though.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Ok so removing all the fishs and leaving the shrimps alone in the main tank can solve the problem. Im thinking get a 10 gallons to put all my fish in for 1 month and leave the main tank with the shrimps in , so the ick supose to die due to no host if im rite =)

0 Not allowed!
    Putting all your fish in a small uncycled tank will cause another problem, too. Either way, you are in a spot right now with either the choice of killing some shrimp or killing the fish.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    It will work if you have a way to cycle the holding tank quickly. Otherwise lots of water changes to try and keep the fish healthy.