· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Awards Showcase

Have a martini on me fellow western marylander - jbeining75 thank you so much my puffer and i are very happy - Angila Heres one! :D - Wild Turkey nice plecos - KingFisher For all your advice  thanks - Celtic Fins 
    for your kind comments. - Celtic Fins Merry Christmas - Northernguy Awesome help with my loaches - R2 Ranch Seasons Greetings. Have a great Christmas - Celtic Fins Wishing You A Happy New Year!!! - Jill 
    Happy New year - Celtic Fins May the Anti troll force be with you. - Celtic Fins 2001 posts! - Northernguy For your helpful fry advice - Cliff Its not a featherfin but thanks for the info!lol - Northernguy 
    Merry Christmas!!!!  :) - Ellen4God 

0 Not allowed!
    I don't even have any fish meds on hand. If one gets beat up it gets moved to another tank to recover before being moved along, hopefully to a more suitable environment. I do have rock salt to treat the occaisonal outbreak of Ich, but otherwise it's up to the fish.

^^^^Please click the eggs/dragons, thanks.

0 Not allowed!
    This Pima/Melafix is all I have and there are the original bottles. Never thought they did all that much, myself. But I tend to agree that dropping $20 on medications to save a $5 fish is rather silly.

0 Not allowed!
    I agree with that statement that it's kind of silly to save a $5 fish with expensive meds but since I have discus; I always have a stockpile just in case.

The cost of a discus is too much for me to just let it die, lol.
    Think with logic and rationality more than emotion. Act with moderation and consideration. Contemplate ideals and realistic goals and weigh out possibilities and options. Temper not with personal delusions or false hope but learn to accept and move on.

0 Not allowed!
    You're right there! I would have spent $50 to save a b.parrot that died of old age.

The rainbow is still hanging in there.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I hope your fish is going to be allright. We all know here that you are a very good fish keeper...
    Nonetheless, even with the risk to be beaten, I will disagree a little with your statement about fish price/med price...

Be careful in this way of thinking... With that kind of argument, why buy a 5gal, a heater and a filter for a betta?....See my drift?

Anyway, sorry for the little ranting that's not the place.... Finger cross for your fish....
    21 gal: 4 Ornate, 7 Pencilfish, 1 Oto, 7 Amano, 1 Peckoltia-10 gal: 4 Betta rutilans, 6 Galaxy, 1 Cherry, 1 Hillstream -5 gal: 2 Endlers, snail, tiger shrimp-15 gal: 2 Peckoltia, 6 threadfin R.

0 Not allowed!
    I see what you are saying and I agree. I guess my meaning is more if you have 48 tetra's, why drive yourself nuts trying to save one? $20 of meds would buy you 5 more that were healthy. I meant it in that content and should have worded it differently, I suppose.

0 Not allowed!
    Well, the strong will live and the weak will die.

If the fish keeper is doing everything correctly and the fish still succumbs to illness; then the keeper can choose to do what's best for the fish.

In nature, the fish will only rely on its own immune system to fight off whatever is wrong with it anyway. There's no one to add medicine to help them in nature. They're on their own. So, we do what we can as fish keepers.
    Think with logic and rationality more than emotion. Act with moderation and consideration. Contemplate ideals and realistic goals and weigh out possibilities and options. Temper not with personal delusions or false hope but learn to accept and move on.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I know that My Lady! And I agree with Spardas... It was just a little point I have to make, even it wasn't the good place... (stubborn girl).
    And I guarantee you that I won't buy an insufflator for my betta if he falls ill.... I swear... Well...

Keep us update on your rainbow, they're really beautiful fish.
    21 gal: 4 Ornate, 7 Pencilfish, 1 Oto, 7 Amano, 1 Peckoltia-10 gal: 4 Betta rutilans, 6 Galaxy, 1 Cherry, 1 Hillstream -5 gal: 2 Endlers, snail, tiger shrimp-15 gal: 2 Peckoltia, 6 threadfin R.