· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Question Pangio kuhlii swimming up and down

0 Not allowed!
    Last week i bought ten Pangio Kuhlii. From day one they are swimming up and down on one side of the tank.

Does anyone know why they do this? I read that these fish normally are very shy and hide all the time.

Thx!

Awards Showcase

hope this works - William hopefully this one shows up. - KingFisher It's the closest thing I could find to a snowflake. - Taurus Happy Birthday Girl. Wishing you many more. Ya thats why the Champagne is in play. hehehe - Strider199 For piping up - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - gadget228 Thank you and Happy Holidays! - KingFisher Merry x-mas and a Happy New Year Trillianne - Strider199 
    Happy New Year!!! - Rue Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Thanks for the Rep! - steeler1 Thanks, and one for you too. - mommy1 
    lol - 5 steps to gift giving.  We should eat more bananas... potassium and all that. - KevinVA Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 No Message - Fishhook A Birthday Bunny. - gadget228 

0 Not allowed!
    My kuhliis are very active. I had read that they are less shy if you give them lots of hiding places. My tank is well planted with rock caves and driftwood.

I see mine throughout the day, but they are even more active at dusk and early morning.

I think its just how secure they feel in the tank.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxalert
    Last week i bought ten Pangio Kuhlii. From day one they are swimming up and down on one side of the tank.

Does anyone know why they do this? I read that these fish normally are very shy and hide all the time.

Thx!
    That's quite normal kuhli loach beahavior. Because you bought a bunch, they are comfortable and will be out and about regularly. The reports of people never seeing their fish are more often than not due to only keeping a couple.
    125 - big fish - BGK
    125 - cichlid community - cichlids (red severums, chanchitos, bolivian rams, blue acara, chocolate), rainbows (yellow, turquoise, red and boesmani), loaches (angelicus, zebra, kuhli and horseface), plecos (BN, RL and clown), denison barbs, pearl gouramis, golden wonder killis
    90 - african community - Congo tetras, african knife, african butterflies, spotted ctenopoma, palmas bichir, african featherfin
    10 - female pink convict
    5 - betta/ADFs

QTs - 2x29, 20H, 20L

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thx for the quick reply's.

I'm gonna sell them. These fish give me stress instead of a peacefull view ;)

Now whe have the next challange, catch them..........

Awards Showcase

you need a calvus for your tang tank - Celtic Fins Congratulations to you both - Celtic Fins Congrats on your engagement! - Brookfish my favorite fish - jaysee you speak so much sense - AlexW 
    You need one... - Little Embers hang in there mac - mommy1 one for you too. Thanks - Celtic Fins thanks for the rep - Celtic Fins good luck in all you do. - Celtic Fins 
    Id like to give you one too. - Amazon merry christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas sir!!! - Mith Nollaig Shona! (Christmas greetings) - Brookfish happy holidays! - Jacko 
    Wishing You A Happy New Year!!! - Jill Happy new year! - Brookfish Happy New Year! - The Red Severum Congratulations on your rep star :-) - Celtic Fins Welcome back - mommy1 

0 Not allowed!
    Why sell them? That will be a lot of stress to put them through. Being caught at the shop. Changed to a different tank. Getting is to new water. Then to be caught again to be placed in another tank. To just get them out of my 50g I have had to break the tank right down just to get at them. And more so if they go into the sand or Gravel. You got to be careful not to crush them. So a hard task. And a waste of time.

Mine did that for the first few weeks in my 100g, then it was over. The reason IME was it did not at the time have enough cover. So I added more and they stopped.

While in my 75 there is what 17 Kulies in it, heavily planted they never ever did that when I added them!

mac
    Be a responsible fish keeper! Study before buying!
    Never give in to impulse buying of Aquatic Fish.

Dairy 2IC. NZ Dairy Holdings.
    Turbo fan. Nothing beats a turbo at the lights.
    Oh sorry officer did not realise I was dragging.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Hm much easier then i thougt.

6 kuhlii in 2 minutes :D

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mac
    Why sell them? That will be a lot of stress to put them through. Being caught at the shop. Changed to a different tank. Getting is to new water. Then to be caught again to be placed in another tank. To just get them out of my 50g I have had to break the tank right down just to get at them. And more so if they go into the sand or Gravel. You got to be careful not to crush them. So a hard task. And a waste of time.

Mine did that for the first few weeks in my 100g, then it was over. The reason IME was it did not at the time have enough cover. So I added more and they stopped.

While in my 75 there is what 17 Kulies in it, heavily planted they never ever did that when I added them!

mac
    Thought about all you said but i do not wanna get frustrated while looking at my tank. Spoke to some other peaople and im not the only one with this problem. I started catching them. Allready have 7 out of 12. If the 5 who are left are more easy now they can stay. The other 7 will go asap.
    Last edited by Foxalert; 06-23-2010 at 10:37 AM.