· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Thread: Iran Reds

Awards Showcase

you need a calvus for your tang tank - Celtic Fins Congratulations to you both - Celtic Fins Congrats on your engagement! - Brookfish my favorite fish - jaysee you speak so much sense - AlexW 
    You need one... - Little Embers hang in there mac - mommy1 one for you too. Thanks - Celtic Fins thanks for the rep - Celtic Fins good luck in all you do. - Celtic Fins 
    Id like to give you one too. - Amazon merry christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas sir!!! - Mith Nollaig Shona! (Christmas greetings) - Brookfish happy holidays! - Jacko 
    Wishing You A Happy New Year!!! - Jill Happy new year! - Brookfish Happy New Year! - The Red Severum Congratulations on your rep star :-) - Celtic Fins Welcome back - mommy1 

Exclamation Iran Reds

0 Not allowed!
    Just had a sudden death. And I mean sudden. makes no sense. Water params are great nothing has ever changed. None of the tank mates are bother anything in the tank.

The only thing I have noticed is that the 2 of the reds out of the 4 have been fighting chasing and flaring fins, and glowing very bright red. While the other two more purple. Only 4 that was all the shop had. And he only gets them once a year.

Anyway tonight the 2 were alive before the light went off. About 1hr latter the I say the Loaches eating something. So I check and it once on of the Rainbows fighting.

Any thoughts?

mac
    Be a responsible fish keeper! Study before buying!
    Never give in to impulse buying of Aquatic Fish.

Dairy 2IC. NZ Dairy Holdings.
    Turbo fan. Nothing beats a turbo at the lights.
    Oh sorry officer did not realise I was dragging.

0 Not allowed!
    Are you saying another died after the lights went off and the loaches were picking at it? It could be that these fish, being the only ones affected, had something wrong with them when purchased. A bacterial infection or something? That happened to me when I bought some turquoise last year.

Many shops will special order for you and I would ask this guy if he can order you some more. How does he replace lost fish if he only gets them one time a year?

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    every rainbow death I've ever had has been completely random with no signs of illness come to think of it... I've only lost boesmanis, years ago, none since.

Awards Showcase

you need a calvus for your tang tank - Celtic Fins Congratulations to you both - Celtic Fins Congrats on your engagement! - Brookfish my favorite fish - jaysee you speak so much sense - AlexW 
    You need one... - Little Embers hang in there mac - mommy1 one for you too. Thanks - Celtic Fins thanks for the rep - Celtic Fins good luck in all you do. - Celtic Fins 
    Id like to give you one too. - Amazon merry christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas sir!!! - Mith Nollaig Shona! (Christmas greetings) - Brookfish happy holidays! - Jacko 
    Wishing You A Happy New Year!!! - Jill Happy new year! - Brookfish Happy New Year! - The Red Severum Congratulations on your rep star :-) - Celtic Fins Welcome back - mommy1 

0 Not allowed!
    He only replaces them if they have die in the first few months, and that is with shop credit. NZ is a bit hard to get things than other places.

Just dose not make sense. Ohh well. Hope it stops and dose not spread to any more. 1 $18.00 fish is enough at the moment.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    thats what I paid for my iran red... how large is yours?

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Mine are now about 4 inches long from head to tip of tail and the heads are getting stunted if that is how you say it.

mac