· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default dojo/weather loach max temp?

0 Not allowed!
    I really love these little guys, and I'd love to stick 2 or 3 of these guys in my 29 gal. Problem is, my temperature is always about 72-78 degrees. I know they prefer about 65-75-ish, but would they do okay in that temperature range or should I just decide on something different...? And that being said, what would you recommend for a 29g in that temperature range? I'd like something that has a lot of personality and I'm fine if they hide often-- I'd like to make use of the "caves" in my tank.

Awards Showcase

for posting that article, I laughed so much!!!!!!!! - ScottishFish Kick back and enjoy the day when your done your painting - Cliff thanks for the rep! - EowynShieldmaiden Otis thanks you for the rep - Cliff This one will have a longer life span, sorry to hear about your fish - Cliff 
    For being a smarty pants and figuring out my riddle so fast! :) - escamosa The last one of these Ill ever give! Enjoy the AC bucks Rue! - smaug Yes, there is still a place in today's world for the  Darwin Awarads - Cliff Thanks for the Rep!!! :) - C-Dub Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas Rue - jeffs99dime Holiday Ham has come today from the eve until Boxing Day! - Trillianne Merry Cristmas and Happy Holidays Rue. - Strider199 It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 lol, thanks for the rep.  Have one on me! =] - KevinVA 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks!  You have a great holiday season as well! - sheamurai Merry Christmas - gadget228 What is a good Holiday Ham to do, but bring some cheer to my good friend Rue! - Trillianne Just Because - Surfdog 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue 

0 Not allowed!
    I was going to say maybe not go over the 72-75.

Mine are really doing well in the basement...at 65-70...
    55 g Goldfish Tank - 5 Fancies, 2 Dojos
    25 g Tropical Tank - Celestial Pearl Danio/Mixed

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rue
    I was going to say maybe not go over the 72-75.

Mine are really doing well in the basement...at 65-70...
    Alright; I think I'll wait until I get at least a 55g tank and keep some sub-tropical fish in with them.

Do kuhli loaches have much of a bioload, and would they eat ghost shrimp? I'm thinking I might want some of them, just wondering if it'd be too much to add to my tank. It's not overstocked, but pretty tightly stocked.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I know that my weather loaches definitely eat ghost shrimp and weather loaches aren't much different from kuhli loaches as far as I can tell.
    Just Keep Swimming

Awards Showcase

Good luck with the community tank!  You WILL post pics when it's up and running!  Welcome to AC BTW - Mith for ur tank ! welcome to AC ! - Neon im not a good hug'er - rookie Grats on the fry! - Northernguy To go with your beer!  Thanks for the help! - dragoonwoman 
    Thanks for playing Mafia! - Agassizii Happy Holidays - Northernguy Hey!  I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!!!! - Mith Welcome to AC. - Brookfish For your pancake bunny - Cliff 
    aww thanks LOL  (Mith welling up with tears) LOL - Mith For all your help and patience!!!!! - fish00053 That was the greatist thing ever - Pele A new cory for your 10 gallon - Cliff For the  help - Rue 
    Dude that's the funniest signature I've seen on this site. Have a beer. - harpua2002 A piece of cake to thank everybody that posted in my anniversary thread for their kind words. - gadget228 For getting too close to pleco's breeding rabbits. - gadget228 Awesome sig, make me chuckle :) - FinalJenemba Merry Xmas! Hope U have a good one! Thanks for all the DIY help! :) - Mrs.JayMay23 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittlePrince
    I know that my weather loaches definitely eat ghost shrimp and weather loaches aren't much different from kuhli loaches as far as I can tell.
    Body size and food, no. Pretty much everything else is different though. Size, temp, lifespan, behavior (kuhli's are pretty shy compared to dojo's)

If your dojos are happy you will see them quite often. They can learn to eat from the top as well, they swim along like a vacuum cleaner.

Keeping them in tropical temps will not kill them, or make them unhappy, the biggest effect it has is it will cut back on their lifespan to about 3-5 years. They will grow faster, be quite a bit more active, and live shorter lives.
    Last edited by Scrup; 06-11-2010 at 04:32 PM.
    Who is "General Failure" and why is he reading my hard drive?

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrup
    Body size and food, no. Pretty much everything else is different though. Size, temp, lifespan, behavior (kuhli's are pretty shy compared to dojo's)

If your dojos are happy you will see them quite often. They can learn to eat from the top as well, they swim along like a vacuum cleaner.

Keeping them in tropical temps will not kill them, or make them unhappy, the biggest effect it has is it will cut back on their lifespan to about 3-5 years. They will grow faster, be quite a bit more active, and live shorter lives.
    I agree. Mine are in a tank that tops out at 78.

I think a 29 is a little small for a fish that can reach 10 inches, let alone 3 or 4 of them since they like to be in a group.
    125 - BGK, pictus cats, silver dollars, kissing gouramis, palmas bichir, delhezi bichir
    125 - Red severum, bolivian rams, Turquoise rainbows, irian red rainbows, loaches (angelicus, zebra, kuhli and horseface), plecos (BN, RL and clown), denison barbs, pearl gouramis
    90 - Congo tetras, african knife, elephant nose, spotted ctenopoma, upside down cats

QTs - 29, 20H, 20L, 10

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jaysee
    I agree. Mine are in a tank that tops out at 78.

I think a 29 is a little small for a fish that can reach 10 inches, let alone 3 or 4 of them since they like to be in a group.
    Yeah. I really love these guys, I'll probably wait until I get a bigger tank for em.