· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Awards Showcase

Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 lets see if you cann see this - William another test - William hope this works - William hopefully this one shows up. - KingFisher 
    It's the closest thing I could find to a snowflake. - Taurus Happy Birthday Girl. Wishing you many more. Ya thats why the Champagne is in play. hehehe - Strider199 For piping up - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas - gadget228 Thank you and Happy Holidays! - KingFisher Merry x-mas and a Happy New Year Trillianne - Strider199 Happy New Year!!! - Rue Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 
    Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Thanks for the Rep! - steeler1 Thanks, and one for you too. - mommy1 lol - 5 steps to gift giving.  We should eat more bananas... potassium and all that. - KevinVA Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 

Default Cryptocoryne Lutea?

0 Not allowed!
    So I have three plants that look similar in my tank. Two of them were labeled lutea when I bought them the other was just "cryptocoryne assorted." Sorry for the waterspots on the glass... the flash really likes to pick them up -.-

This one reddish stems with green leaves.

This one the new growth leaves seem to grow in with reddish exteriors and then "green up" over time.

This last one was just labeled "Cryptocoryne Assorted"
    It looks like my Lutea but the older leaves are wavy edged. The younger growth I have, and that you can see at the base in the picture is not growing in wavy. This is a more recent addition to the tank.

So.... these are all lutea?
    Are they different yet similar variations or is this a quality of plant situation that makes them look slightly different?
    If some of them are not lutea or are specific variations that you know can you please tell me what you think they are?

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Was wondering what the last one is myself. You got that from petco I'm guessing? We have that at the one I work at too and I never got around to IDing it.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    The second picture kinda looks like crypt pontiderifolia to me.

Awards Showcase

Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 lets see if you cann see this - William another test - William hope this works - William hopefully this one shows up. - KingFisher 
    It's the closest thing I could find to a snowflake. - Taurus Happy Birthday Girl. Wishing you many more. Ya thats why the Champagne is in play. hehehe - Strider199 For piping up - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas - gadget228 Thank you and Happy Holidays! - KingFisher Merry x-mas and a Happy New Year Trillianne - Strider199 Happy New Year!!! - Rue Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 
    Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Thanks for the Rep! - steeler1 Thanks, and one for you too. - mommy1 lol - 5 steps to gift giving.  We should eat more bananas... potassium and all that. - KevinVA Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SunSchein89
    Was wondering what the last one is myself. You got that from petco I'm guessing? We have that at the one I work at too and I never got around to IDing it.
    The top two were the lfs, the last was indeed Petco!
    *gives prize*

It looked enough like my other lutea I thought it might be the same... but if not its nice looking and growing like mad :D

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    The second picture looks like crypt petchii.
    75G planted, community

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaethe
    The second picture kinda looks like crypt pontiderifolia to me.
    Rhaethe I couldn't find a picture of that one on plantedtank. Do you know another good site that may have photos to help me?

Quote Originally Posted by Tark77
    The second picture looks like crypt petchii.
    I looked at the plantedtank.net photo and I don't think its petchii because mine is not that red and the leaves are not wavy edged, though the tropica db photo on this site is a bit closer.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trillianne
    Rhaethe I couldn't find a picture of that one on plantedtank. Do you know another good site that may have photos to help me?

I only have pics from a member of my local fish club ... from whom I got my crypts

Clickie Here

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaethe
    I only have pics from a member of my local fish club ... from whom I got my crypts

Clickie Here
    Awesome! I think the bottom one is crypt pontiderifolia! I'm going to call it that in my spreadsheet o' plants!

I know my swordlets on my sword came in a bit yellow so perhaps the middle is lutea affected by low iron content.

I'll see if I can't get a good photo when I change substrate in that tank later this month.