· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

0 Not allowed!
    I got my Facebook account before they got all big and commercial. Back then it was for college students and teachers.

Same with myspace... Before it went commercial I liked it. Then it grew and I left because... I don't think myspace is that popular anymore. Facebook is taking over and Twitter is trying to take over Facebook. Personally I don't like twitter and I hate myspace.

I keep my FB to stay in touch with people as I don't like to talk on the phone. Like my boyfriend's sister in Tel Aviv. She just left Greece and I got to see all the photo's from her journeys traveling the world as a fashion model.

I also keep a lot of my stuff set to private on my Facebook so you either have to be a friend on a special list to see my stuff.
    75 gallon project
    45 gallon community

Awards Showcase

for posting that article, I laughed so much!!!!!!!! - ScottishFish Kick back and enjoy the day when your done your painting - Cliff thanks for the rep! - EowynShieldmaiden Otis thanks you for the rep - Cliff This one will have a longer life span, sorry to hear about your fish - Cliff 
    For being a smarty pants and figuring out my riddle so fast! :) - escamosa The last one of these Ill ever give! Enjoy the AC bucks Rue! - smaug Yes, there is still a place in today's world for the  Darwin Awarads - Cliff Thanks for the Rep!!! :) - C-Dub Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas Rue - jeffs99dime Holiday Ham has come today from the eve until Boxing Day! - Trillianne Merry Cristmas and Happy Holidays Rue. - Strider199 It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 lol, thanks for the rep.  Have one on me! =] - KevinVA 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks!  You have a great holiday season as well! - sheamurai Merry Christmas - gadget228 What is a good Holiday Ham to do, but bring some cheer to my good friend Rue! - Trillianne Just Because - Surfdog 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue 

0 Not allowed!
    People are so much more fun face:face, er, not that I don't just love the lot of you too!

Quote Originally Posted by Trillianne
    Well the thing to do is you have to get "practice cats" where you have two cats for years. Then when you finally get pushed over the edge into crazy cat lady land you have plenty of experience and only need to "increase your school of them"
    LOL...did I mention we watched 'Hoarders' on Monday? My 15 year old son saw part of the episode that featured the parrot lady. He looks at me and tells me I'm a hoarder! I said sure...but I 'only' have 5 parrots (3 larger ones, one cockatiel...and HIS cockatiel, who lives with mine). She had some 52 MORE parrots than I do.

Mind you, I didn't add the chickens to that head count...or my daughter's birds (3 finches, 2 budgies)...

Actually...speaking of cats...we have two indoor cats...and numerous barn cats...but I don't count those among my pets, since they're feral (don't know where they come from). The barn does smell like cat pee...

...uh-oh...
    55 g Goldfish Tank - 5 Fancies, 2 Dojos
    25 g Tropical Tank - Celestial Pearl Danio/Mixed

Awards Showcase

for posting that article, I laughed so much!!!!!!!! - ScottishFish Kick back and enjoy the day when your done your painting - Cliff thanks for the rep! - EowynShieldmaiden Otis thanks you for the rep - Cliff This one will have a longer life span, sorry to hear about your fish - Cliff 
    For being a smarty pants and figuring out my riddle so fast! :) - escamosa The last one of these Ill ever give! Enjoy the AC bucks Rue! - smaug Yes, there is still a place in today's world for the  Darwin Awarads - Cliff Thanks for the Rep!!! :) - C-Dub Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas Rue - jeffs99dime Holiday Ham has come today from the eve until Boxing Day! - Trillianne Merry Cristmas and Happy Holidays Rue. - Strider199 It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 lol, thanks for the rep.  Have one on me! =] - KevinVA 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks!  You have a great holiday season as well! - sheamurai Merry Christmas - gadget228 What is a good Holiday Ham to do, but bring some cheer to my good friend Rue! - Trillianne Just Because - Surfdog 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurus
    Yeah, I'm with Sailor up there... ..and Rue.

Me=No Spacebook, No Myface, No texting...heck I don't even own a cell phone.

I'm kind of dinosauric...or jurassic...I actual LIKE to talk to people, and have them listen. Of course I will return the favor with equal enthusiasm.
    BTW...speaking of face to face...I have met Sailor...a couple of years ago I think it was...

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Owlbehere
    I keep my FB to stay in touch with people as I don't like to talk on the phone. Like my boyfriend's sister in Tel Aviv. She just left Greece and I got to see all the photo's from her journeys traveling the world as a fashion model.

I've been wanting to try Skype for that reason...to talk to people who are away...but I'd like to see them in real time. Haven't done it yet...no high-speed...

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Forums are useful even if their topic is a hobby, fish keeping is a real nuts & bolts hobby in the real world, I've learned a lot through the hobby and met many wonderful real people in the real world.

I dumped facebook. In the words of Johny Rotten "why glorify mediocrity?"
    "In order to punish me for my contempt of authority the authorities have made me an authority myself" - Albert Einstein.

Awards Showcase

Great addition to AC - Lady Hobbs Perhaps a beer instead? - Lady Hobbs NICE TANK! - Lady Hobbs U know your awesome!!!!!! - jbeining75 Very nice rift tank! Very funny jokes! - NickFish 
    Refund lmao!!!!! - jbeining75 thanks for the support - jbeining75 Good luck with the JI!!!!!! - jbeining75 Right back at ya! - Hailey For help with my leopard geckos - jbeining75 
    to me - sailor Your second sets of stripes lol.... - jbeining75 to blow your nose lol..... - jbeining75 I won the lottery,thanks for the help couldn't have done it without you - kitten3326 Because I would buy you a beer if I could. - RainMan 
    For beating back the flu!!!!!!!!! - jbeining75 thanks for cheering me up xoxo - shalafi04 A Cricket and Strawberry slurpee just for you :) - shalafi04 gotta buy a beer for a sailor. LOL - ILuvMyGoldBarb knowledge + friendly = sailor! yar! - turkey151 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - sailor Autism - sailor 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rue
    BTW...speaking of face to face...I have met Sailor...a couple of years ago I think it was...

Yes we did .....it was inbetween the aquatic plant display and then a reptile display at the Confederation Petland. It was nice to put a face to a name.
    Sailor

Aye Aye

Awards Showcase

here ya go! - Agassizii No Message - robflanker No Message - Tetris dude, you need to chill - Lab_Rat just cause - Twe3k 
    Ate a bunch of - Kaz you aint all bad,have a guardian dragon. - smaug No Message - Agassizii A red helmet awaits you beneath the rainbow... - Tetris Sorry about Ares - Jill 
    A bass from the creek under Rainbow Bridge! - Agassizii In remembrance of this thread:  http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showthread.php?t=54355 - domjd05 No Message - Agassizii NEVER post before you think - Tetris No Message - Agassizii 
    You have awesome paint skillz! - Agassizii welcome back! - Lab_Rat welcome back - mommy1 welcome back! - Aeonflame Your story was awesome! - Lab_Rat 
    Gay and Lesbian Pride - Pele 

0 Not allowed!
    my problem with things like facebook and texting have always been the lack of emotion that you can tell from words. an OK could be OK! definatly, and Ok I guess, or an OKlahoma.
    Besides, I dont really need to know what some person I dont know is wearing today.
    Have you had your daily dosage of Pele?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJLII...ature=youtu.be
    ^Shaving is hard^

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I'm pretty sure deep down inside they are just "weirded-out" by the fact a mom is using the internet for similar reasons they do.
    They tell you to "get a life" or whatever when you are actually using the internet for something educational and somewhat social, while they just sit for hours critiquing their friend's 1,287 photos, which mostly consist of them at a kegger or at the beach.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by rothenb1
    I'm pretty sure deep down inside they are just "weirded-out" by the fact a mom is using the internet for similar reasons they do.
    They tell you to "get a life" or whatever when you are actually using the internet for something educational and somewhat social, while they just sit for hours critiquing their friend's 1,287 photos, which mostly consist of them at a kegger or at the beach.