· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trillianne
    Facebook and Myspace are like the AOL/Geocities pages of this generation.
    LOL...wow..you are old. but, very insightful.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Owlbehere
    My mom uses Facebook more than I do. She is in her 60's. She asks me did you see the post... did you see this... did you see that... I'm like no I haven't looked in about a week. She gets upset when I don't read her posts and my Aunt whom is moving in with us from Reno, NV...that I have never met... got the impression I didn't like her because I never comment on her posts... Good Grief!
    Sounds like a scene right out of the south park episode on facebook. Although I did delete my facebook for many of the reasons listed here among others, there are some valid reasons to use it. For one, many people that partake in hobbies such as ours will create groups where they can discuss things, post pictures, etc. which will serve a lot of the same purposes as this forum does. I personally prefer the forum to a facebook group, but you can see why some would like it the other way around as well. Secondly, keeping in touch with family and friends that you no longer live near is another very valid reason.

Then, we get to the part where people are just posting up what they did and how much they drank last night just for the world to see and think they're cool. And that's where I left. Sure, I would go out to a party in college and get unbelievably smashed, but I never felt the need to tell everyone about it. I was there and met people and had a good time and that's about where it ends. I lived on a campus; if you don't want to talk to me except on facebook after that, then don't talk to me just to boost your friend count or possibly catch me going to another party you're not invited to when you have nothing to do. There's no need to communicate with me through facebook when you could probably walk to my door in less than 5 minutes or even just call or text my cell phone.

[/rant]

I could go on, but don't really feel like it since It'll probably turn into a five paragraph essay.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SunSchein89
    Sounds like a scene right out of the south park episode on facebook. Although I did delete my facebook for many of the reasons listed here among others, there are some valid reasons to use it. For one, many people that partake in hobbies such as ours will create groups where they can discuss things, post pictures, etc. which will serve a lot of the same purposes as this forum does. I personally prefer the forum to a facebook group, but you can see why some would like it the other way around as well. Secondly, keeping in touch with family and friends that you no longer live near is another very valid reason.

Then, we get to the part where people are just posting up what they did and how much they drank last night just for the world to see and think they're cool. And that's where I left. Sure, I would go out to a party in college and get unbelievably smashed, but I never felt the need to tell everyone about it. I was there and met people and had a good time and that's about where it ends. I lived on a campus; if you don't want to talk to me except on facebook after that, then don't talk to me just to boost your friend count or possibly catch me going to another party you're not invited to when you have nothing to do. There's no need to communicate with me through facebook when you could probably walk to my door in less than 5 minutes or even just call or text my cell phone.

[/rant]

I could go on, but don't really feel like it since It'll probably turn into a five paragraph essay.

LOL, I have facebook I use it to hold my photos...lol also alot of LFS and clubs use it for announcements so I use it to track those also. Infact on my Fb profile it says and I quote

"This face book profile is only for conversations revolving around the maintenance and photography of Salt Water & Fresh Water fish as a hobby. If you want to talk about anything else you have come to the wrong place."....lol I wasn't sure how facebook would feel if I stated I was just using them for a photo album..lol
    “Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine.” - Nikola Tesla

"GoT FiSh?"

Awards Showcase

hope this works - William hopefully this one shows up. - KingFisher It's the closest thing I could find to a snowflake. - Taurus Happy Birthday Girl. Wishing you many more. Ya thats why the Champagne is in play. hehehe - Strider199 For piping up - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - gadget228 Thank you and Happy Holidays! - KingFisher Merry x-mas and a Happy New Year Trillianne - Strider199 
    Happy New Year!!! - Rue Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Thanks for the Rep! - steeler1 Thanks, and one for you too. - mommy1 
    lol - 5 steps to gift giving.  We should eat more bananas... potassium and all that. - KevinVA Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 No Message - Fishhook A Birthday Bunny. - gadget228 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurus
    LOL...wow..you are old. but, very insightful.
    See Rue... you aren't old!

Apparently I am though

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trillianne
    See Rue... you aren't old!

Apparently I am though
    JK Trill..if you're old (and you're NOT) then I am ancient...I'm NOT ancient, yet!

Awards Showcase

Great addition to AC - Lady Hobbs Perhaps a beer instead? - Lady Hobbs NICE TANK! - Lady Hobbs U know your awesome!!!!!! - jbeining75 Very nice rift tank! Very funny jokes! - NickFish 
    Refund lmao!!!!! - jbeining75 thanks for the support - jbeining75 Good luck with the JI!!!!!! - jbeining75 Right back at ya! - Hailey For help with my leopard geckos - jbeining75 
    to me - sailor Your second sets of stripes lol.... - jbeining75 to blow your nose lol..... - jbeining75 I won the lottery,thanks for the help couldn't have done it without you - kitten3326 Because I would buy you a beer if I could. - RainMan 
    For beating back the flu!!!!!!!!! - jbeining75 thanks for cheering me up xoxo - shalafi04 A Cricket and Strawberry slurpee just for you :) - shalafi04 gotta buy a beer for a sailor. LOL - ILuvMyGoldBarb knowledge + friendly = sailor! yar! - turkey151 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - sailor Autism - sailor 

0 Not allowed!
    I refuse to join any of those things like face book or my space. If I want to talk to friends or family I phone them, go see them in person or a last resort email them. I don't like the idea of every Tom, Dick or Harry knowing my buisness or seeing my pics etc. If I think they should see them I will show them in person or send it in an email. I spend enough time on a computer at work and the few forums I belong too lol. I do not twitter or twatter or text or any other of that stuff so I guess I am a dinosaur in that reguards. I use my phone to actually talk to people lol...imagine that talking to people. So I guess I am about as old as Rue when it comes to this stuff lol.
    Sailor

Aye Aye

Awards Showcase

for posting that article, I laughed so much!!!!!!!! - ScottishFish Kick back and enjoy the day when your done your painting - Cliff thanks for the rep! - EowynShieldmaiden Otis thanks you for the rep - Cliff This one will have a longer life span, sorry to hear about your fish - Cliff 
    For being a smarty pants and figuring out my riddle so fast! :) - escamosa The last one of these Ill ever give! Enjoy the AC bucks Rue! - smaug Yes, there is still a place in today's world for the  Darwin Awarads - Cliff Thanks for the Rep!!! :) - C-Dub Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas Rue - jeffs99dime Holiday Ham has come today from the eve until Boxing Day! - Trillianne Merry Cristmas and Happy Holidays Rue. - Strider199 It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 lol, thanks for the rep.  Have one on me! =] - KevinVA 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks!  You have a great holiday season as well! - sheamurai Merry Christmas - gadget228 What is a good Holiday Ham to do, but bring some cheer to my good friend Rue! - Trillianne Just Because - Surfdog 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue 

0 Not allowed!
    LOL...funny stuff...

I do have a Facebook account - got it almost at the beginning (on the enthusiastic advice of a friend)...and Twitter...I like to try stuff out. But I don't use them. I don't use Twitter at all (I fail to see the point of it) and I only use Facebook to check up on people who won't communicate any other way.

Trillianne: I'm glad you don't think I'm on my way to being the crazy cat lady...

Parrot lady maybe...but not cat lady...
    Last edited by Rue; 06-03-2010 at 11:48 PM.
    55 g Goldfish Tank - 5 Fancies, 2 Dojos
    25 g Tropical Tank - Celestial Pearl Danio/Mixed

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rue
    LOL...funny stuff...

I do have a Facebook account too...and Twitter...I like to try stuff out. But I don't use them. I don't use Twitter at all (I don't see the point of it at all)...and I only use Facebook to check up on people who won't communicate any other way.

Trillianne: I'm glad you don't think I'm on my way to being the crazy cat lady...

lol
    “Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine.” - Nikola Tesla

"GoT FiSh?"

Awards Showcase

hope this works - William hopefully this one shows up. - KingFisher It's the closest thing I could find to a snowflake. - Taurus Happy Birthday Girl. Wishing you many more. Ya thats why the Champagne is in play. hehehe - Strider199 For piping up - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - gadget228 Thank you and Happy Holidays! - KingFisher Merry x-mas and a Happy New Year Trillianne - Strider199 
    Happy New Year!!! - Rue Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Thanks for the Rep! - steeler1 Thanks, and one for you too. - mommy1 
    lol - 5 steps to gift giving.  We should eat more bananas... potassium and all that. - KevinVA Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 No Message - Fishhook A Birthday Bunny. - gadget228 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rue

Well the thing to do is you have to get "practice cats" where you have two cats for years. Then when you finally get pushed over the edge into crazy cat lady land you have plenty of experience and only need to "increase your school of them"

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah, I'm with Sailor up there... ..and Rue.

Me=No Spacebook, No Myface, No texting...heck I don't even own a cell phone.

I'm kind of dinosauric...or jurassic...I actual LIKE to talk to people, and have them listen. Of course I will return the favor with equal enthusiasm.