· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Biggest Pet peeve

0 Not allowed!
    When someone posts a bunch of pictures, and a few pages later someone quotes them again. Does this bug anyone else?

0 Not allowed!
    Ha. in the chatterbox forum i just posted a thing about peoples pet peeves, u should have put this there. Ha. I have yet to come across this so idk if it does or not.

my two favorites in my life.

Awards Showcase

for posting that article, I laughed so much!!!!!!!! - ScottishFish Kick back and enjoy the day when your done your painting - Cliff thanks for the rep! - EowynShieldmaiden Otis thanks you for the rep - Cliff This one will have a longer life span, sorry to hear about your fish - Cliff 
    For being a smarty pants and figuring out my riddle so fast! :) - escamosa The last one of these Ill ever give! Enjoy the AC bucks Rue! - smaug Yes, there is still a place in today's world for the  Darwin Awarads - Cliff Thanks for the Rep!!! :) - C-Dub Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas Rue - jeffs99dime Holiday Ham has come today from the eve until Boxing Day! - Trillianne Merry Cristmas and Happy Holidays Rue. - Strider199 It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 lol, thanks for the rep.  Have one on me! =] - KevinVA 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks!  You have a great holiday season as well! - sheamurai Merry Christmas - gadget228 What is a good Holiday Ham to do, but bring some cheer to my good friend Rue! - Trillianne Just Because - Surfdog 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue 

0 Not allowed!
    LOL...it bugs me too...mostly because I'm on dial-up...

And it bugs me most when someone quotes the post immediately preceding their response...

Otherwise, it doesn't bother me...(the concept of quoting)...
    55 g Goldfish Tank - 5 Fancies, 2 Dojos
    25 g Tropical Tank - Celestial Pearl Danio/Mixed

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry, GOOD POINT!! I'm guilty of that sometimes. Ill try to be more considerate. Usually I cut out the pics...ill pay special care from now on to make sure I do. Didn't really think about dial up..
    “Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine.” - Nikola Tesla

"GoT FiSh?"

0 Not allowed!
    Pet peeve: when someone posts a thread about pet peeves when one has just been posted a few days ago...

Just kidding Red...ya know I love ya! It does bug me, especially when I have to scroll down on my phone. Quoting someone above doesn't but me (and I do it as well) since it makes it clear the question being answered.
    Quote Originally Posted by i_am_511
    Lighten up its just the internet its not like someone came in your house and punched a baby in the face.

Awards Showcase

your first fish - Lady Hobbs A gift to my mates. - mac Did you say tankards?  LOL - sandy_n To your first almost cycled tank - Lady Hobbs No Message - korith 
    For your funny posts. Every thread I giggle - Gemini For making me laugh!!! - Sharon Cheers Mith - slimey Congrats on your cycled almost tank - Lady Hobbs stocking - Lady Hobbs 
    stocking - Lady Hobbs stocking - Lady Hobbs stocking - Lady Hobbs stocking - Lady Hobbs stocking - Lady Hobbs 
    stocking - Lady Hobbs stocking - Lady Hobbs stocking - Lady Hobbs fill out the colony - Algenco WC kitumba - Algenco 

0 Not allowed!
    It always sucks when someone posts pics when you are viewing with dial-up! Been there done that!

I know there are a lot of people on this forum who are not in the US.... but IF you are, one can get DSL for $15.00/mo so viewing pics shouldn't be an issue.

IF you are NOT in the USA.... and your area's DSL is really expensive.... MOVE to the USA! LOL...

Sorry, had to say it. But yes, I can see where it can be VERY frustrating when you try and go on the web when the page you're trying to view has a lot of pictures...
    Yup, I got fish!

0 Not allowed!
    Some people live in rural area's, Mith, and do not have DSL available to them still.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rue
    LOL...it bugs me too...mostly because I'm on dial-up...

And it bugs me most when someone quotes the post immediately preceding their response...

Otherwise, it doesn't bother me...(the concept of quoting)...
    Sometimes if I'm on a thread that's gone off topic I'll quote the post preceding mine just to avoid any confusion as to what I'm talking about, and if that goes on for awhile, I might do unnecessary quoting on another thread before I realize I don't have to do it anymore. I didn't realize that was a pet peeve.. I guess everything is SOMEONE'S pet peeve, though

"And when your deepest thoughts are broken, keep on dreaming, boy; when you stop dreaming it's time to die"
    - Shannon Hoon

29g dismantled and downsized to 10g for college
    black tetras, raphael catfish, kuhli loaches and glofish

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I do the same thing sometimes. Mostly because I'm long winded (you guys already know that) and by the time I finish typing I find that someone else (or sometimes several people) have posted ahead of me. So I will quote the post I'm referring to avoid any confusion.

Awards Showcase

for posting that article, I laughed so much!!!!!!!! - ScottishFish Kick back and enjoy the day when your done your painting - Cliff thanks for the rep! - EowynShieldmaiden Otis thanks you for the rep - Cliff This one will have a longer life span, sorry to hear about your fish - Cliff 
    For being a smarty pants and figuring out my riddle so fast! :) - escamosa The last one of these Ill ever give! Enjoy the AC bucks Rue! - smaug Yes, there is still a place in today's world for the  Darwin Awarads - Cliff Thanks for the Rep!!! :) - C-Dub Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas Rue - jeffs99dime Holiday Ham has come today from the eve until Boxing Day! - Trillianne Merry Cristmas and Happy Holidays Rue. - Strider199 It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 lol, thanks for the rep.  Have one on me! =] - KevinVA 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks!  You have a great holiday season as well! - sheamurai Merry Christmas - gadget228 What is a good Holiday Ham to do, but bring some cheer to my good friend Rue! - Trillianne Just Because - Surfdog 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue 

0 Not allowed!
    As far as dial-up goes...we can't get it at our house. We've tried. I think I might be able to get it with satellite...but I don't want to do that (I don't mind paying, but satellite costs more, and has other issues). Some of our neighbours get it. and others don't... we're in a weird 'low' spot or something...(our current cable server is blaming it on trees...er, they're very short trees...). Long answer short: We need another tower to fully cover our area.

We're not far from the big city. Only 20 km....so yes, we're in the boonies...but not the real boonies...the real boonies do have high-speed...

Anyway...that's why I don't look at too many photos...takes too long...

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsey
    ... I guess everything is SOMEONE'S pet peeve, though
    It's just a little pet peeve...not a BIG pet peeve...
    Last edited by Rue; 06-03-2010 at 04:09 PM.
    55 g Goldfish Tank - 5 Fancies, 2 Dojos
    25 g Tropical Tank - Celestial Pearl Danio/Mixed