· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Default Texting phone vs. Blackberry?

0 Not allowed!
    I'm getting really sick of paying up $90 a month for my basic calling plan + 200 texts, so I'm looking into switching carriers. Virgin Mobile has a great pay-as-you-go plan that offers unlimited texts, e-mail, data and internet for $25 a month if you buy a phone from their list.

http://www.virginmobileusa.com/cell-phones

The list of texting phones consists of the Kyocera Loft, LG Rumor2, LG Rumor Touch, and Blackberry Curve 8530.

For the Blackberry, service costs an extra $10, and you get all the unlimited texts, e-mail, data and internet plus web-based e-mail, Blackberry Messenger, and Blackberry AppWorld.

I'm debating whether to go with a regular texting phone or to shell out for the Blackberry (at $300, the phone is considerably more expensive than the other options).

Anyone want to convince me one way or another? Have you had especially good experiences with a Blackberry, or do you think a regular texting phone is good enough?
    Last edited by Lindsey; 05-26-2010 at 05:34 AM.

"And when your deepest thoughts are broken, keep on dreaming, boy; when you stop dreaming it's time to die"
    - Shannon Hoon

29g dismantled and downsized to 10g for college
    black tetras, raphael catfish, kuhli loaches and glofish

Awards Showcase

You need a gift - Lady Hobbs Have a beer on me - sailor Fresh outta the Chesapeke...maybe..lol - jbeining75 happy 21st birthday yay - angelcakes Happy birthday! - Tigerbarb 
    Thanks for the congrats...decided to share my wealth LOL - Fishalicious For helping AC with profiles! - William Welcome Back xxx - Fishalicious Good to see you back on. Gotta give one for a local. - oldhead Have  beer on me! Its the weekend. - northernguy 
    Same to you! - NickFish Happy thanksgiving! Enjoy your algae stay away from turkey! : ) - The Red Severum For being so welcoming to a newbie. - Brookfish A Little Extra Luck For You! - Northernguy This one moves! LOL - Wild Turkey 
    For being a great contributor to the community - ILuvMyGoldBarb for driving participation in the forum - Gemini for breaking your winning streak - mrs fishpatrick here tuck in LOL - mrs fishpatrick FOR TEACHING ME SO MUCH - waterhog 
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - turkey151 Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - turkey151 Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - Wild Turkey Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Wild Turkey Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Wild Turkey 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Wild Turkey 

0 Not allowed!
    Only 10$ extra for the blackberry is pretty good. My company wanted to charge 30 and I literally said to the guy "Maybe if it were only 10 more dollars" so my blackberry is just a phone, cant check my email.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Turkey
    Only 10$ extra for the blackberry is pretty good. My company wanted to charge 30 and I literally said to the guy "Maybe if it were only 10 more dollars" so my blackberry is just a phone, cant check my email.
    I agree - I had to re-read the plan description 3 times before it registered that they were offering it for only $10 extra. My current provider charges a fortune and a half for service, so I never bothered to get a Blackberry. Reconsidering now :)

"And when your deepest thoughts are broken, keep on dreaming, boy; when you stop dreaming it's time to die"
    - Shannon Hoon

Awards Showcase

You need a gift - Lady Hobbs Have a beer on me - sailor Fresh outta the Chesapeke...maybe..lol - jbeining75 happy 21st birthday yay - angelcakes Happy birthday! - Tigerbarb 
    Thanks for the congrats...decided to share my wealth LOL - Fishalicious For helping AC with profiles! - William Welcome Back xxx - Fishalicious Good to see you back on. Gotta give one for a local. - oldhead Have  beer on me! Its the weekend. - northernguy 
    Same to you! - NickFish Happy thanksgiving! Enjoy your algae stay away from turkey! : ) - The Red Severum For being so welcoming to a newbie. - Brookfish A Little Extra Luck For You! - Northernguy This one moves! LOL - Wild Turkey 
    For being a great contributor to the community - ILuvMyGoldBarb for driving participation in the forum - Gemini for breaking your winning streak - mrs fishpatrick here tuck in LOL - mrs fishpatrick FOR TEACHING ME SO MUCH - waterhog 
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - turkey151 Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - turkey151 Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - Wild Turkey Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Wild Turkey Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Wild Turkey 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Wild Turkey 

0 Not allowed!
    I like my little guy, might try to get a newer one soon but will probably stick with blackberry.

When i wanted one I was also kinda shocked at the high price for the phone, but I managed to find an older model unlocked(you can use it on any plan) on e-bay for around 30 dollars. Popped in my sim card and it worked immediately

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Turkey
    I like my little guy, might try to get a newer one soon but will probably stick with blackberry.

When i wanted one I was also kinda shocked at the high price for the phone, but I managed to find an older model unlocked(you can use it on any plan) on e-bay for around 30 dollars. Popped in my sim card and it worked immediately
    I was thinking about that, but the plan I'm looking at is prepaid, so I'm thinking I can only use the phone Virgin Mobile offers on their website.. I'm a starving student and can't afford a contract plan anymore, haha. Unlocked phones are great things though, I'm going to miss my (locked) Motorola Karma, best phone I've had so far!

- Shannon Hoon

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Oh right, they may not give you a sim card with that. I didnt think of that

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    i used to have all kinds of regular phones never really liked the smartphone types but i got the new blackberry bold 9700 for my bday and i can send paragraphs in the time it used to take me to text a few words if you can afford it i would get the blackberry imo

0 Not allowed!
    I had a blackberry for awhile...didnt like its big square brick like shape or the tiny little keyboard. I then went to a Samsung Delve...as it was as close to an Iphone as I could get at the time(no AT&T coverage). I never used any of the random crap it could do as a smartphone, I used it as a phone...camera...and texting device. I was up for the option of getting a new phone a few weeks ago so instead of paying $40 a month for options I have not used more than twice I went with an LG Chocolate Touch. Got a sweet deal on it online...paid $10 for the phone. I also lowered my bill by $30 as this one only requires a $10 data package...which I am sure I still wont use.

Before shelling out the cash think if you will really use it...smartphones are awesome if you use them, if not its just a giant waste. I have Verizon now and my my bill is around $90 per month, for unlimited text and more calling minutes than I can ever dream of using. Plus if you sign a 1-2year contract and buy your phone online theyre VERY cheap...I got a $300 phone for $10, and the service is pretty good even in this rural backwoods area
    20G High-Tech Planted|50G High-Tech Planted|50G Goldfish Tank|56G Column Low-Tech Planted

4x75Gs coming soon

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I own two BlackBerry Curve 8350i PTT nextels for my boost mobile cell service.

I pay 109 total for two phones with tax per month unlimited. 50 bucks a month no need for BBS or BIS.

try crackberry.com

But do NOT buy a BoostBerry, its overpriced. I have the programs to unlock them for boost use.

0 Not allowed!
    I think I'm going with the LG Rumor Touch instead. It's half the price of the Blackberry, and with the fee I'm shelling out to get out of my AT&T contract, I'll be out way more money than I can afford. I have a laptop to buy this summer, and books for college.. I don't absolutely *need* a Blackberry, especially since I'll be on a wireless campus with a laptop most of the year, so I'll make use of my unlimited data/internet/etc. on a regular old touch phone instead.

Thanks for the input everyone!

- Shannon Hoon