· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Clydesdales are awesome - Aeonflame   Welcome to AC, love the cory's - Brookfish   

Default Starting over w my 125

0 Not allowed!
    For those if you who were following my other thread- I had a disease rip through my 125g tank and kill all but two common plecos and one large snail. Thread here- http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=63787

The 125 and the 29g that will be the QT tank are disinfected and ready to go.

The surviving plecos are back in their 125 and thriving.

I bought a Betta to "test the waters" in the 29g. I figured if I killed a betta in there I would have problems, but so far so good and the Betta is doing very well
    Here is the new Betta- his name is Blanket

And here is his home/ the QT tank. I will get dividers if I ever need to QT a fish that isn't compatible w a Betta plus I have a few other tanks he can move to if need be- but when not in use as a QT tank this will be his home. I have never seen a black and white Betta like him before and I just couldn't pass him up at the store.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Clydesdales are awesome - Aeonflame   Welcome to AC, love the cory's - Brookfish   

0 Not allowed!
    And here is my 125g ready to go- the plecos are in it now

I haven't decided what my first new fish will be...I want to have Angels so it will have to be something compatible with them.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome to AC! - Brookfish   Another fish for your AC tank - Celtic Fins   Thank you for that tip about the mbunas and new plastic plants!!! - Jill   great taste in fish! :) - Crispy   Success! Yay! lol - Northernguy   

Cool Nice!

0 Not allowed!
    Looking at your pics - nice!

One observation: is the 29g cloudy (assuming that the small is the 29g)?

"Rules NEVER apply to all of your fish..."
    "A little googling (research) can go a long way..."

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah its a little cloudy still from my decorating it. It hasn't settled yet.

Also the 125 has that low-iron starfire or sapphire glass (whatever its called) so anything looks cloudy next to it.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

R.I.P Caprica - troy   

0 Not allowed!
    Cool looking tanks

More importantly, I have the same 29g tank stand as you. Lol!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need a gift - The Red Severum   Really nice to see you again! - Lady Hobbs   You need more fish here!lol - Northernguy   Thanks for the rep! - Lindsey   tanks4thecompliment!! =) - Aeonflame   

0 Not allowed!
    Welcome Back HeyNow!! First let me say those betta pics are awesome. Blanket has unique markings and the photography is so clear...nice!!

Tanks look great!! I would maybe suggest no gravel in the quarantine tank though. If you ever have to medicate it it is really hard to clean, also when medicated the bacteria in the tank usually dies off making immediate ammonia more bacteria more ammonia. so a qt tank is the only time I suggest less BB in the actual tank is more...lol If you are totally against bare bottom then you might also consider marbles or those oval shaped glass beads (look like squashed marbles..lol) either of those have a lot less surface area than the common gravel which = less bacteria and easier disinfection between meds.

Everything looks great Im glad to see ya back in action and thanx for sharing the pics (makes it so much more fun when there are pics...lol)
    Last edited by tanks4thememories; 05-25-2010 at 11:41 AM.
    “Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine.” - Nikola Tesla

"GoT FiSh?"

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I had the tank bare bottom for a while but I really didn't like it....I know what you are saying though about keeping it clean and the bb...I will see how it works for now and if I start having issues I will remove it altogether or change it out for marbles as you suggested.

I went to Absolutely Fish in NJ last night and got 6 Harlequin Rasboras, and 6 head and tail light tetras. I love that store- a bit pricey, but the staff is so helpful. They listened to my tale of woe about my 125, asked what my ultimate stocking plan was, and then made appropriate suggestions for my first new fish for restocking. I went there wanting some green barbs, but since I really want angel fish again they talked me out of those.

The rasboras and tetras are in the 29g now. So far so good. This betta is totally non-aggressive and doesn't seem to care about the new tank mates. (I've had some before that would kill any thing I put in with them)

I was SO tempted to get a lot of other fish too but I stuck to my plan of small inexpensive fish. There were some really nice angels though...and the most adorable tiny pictus.

I'll get some pictures of the newbies when I get my butt in gear this morning.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

A fish for your tank! - Rue   You need more fish here!lol - Northernguy   for a fellow former sailor. - Scrup   Thank for your advice of the past  2 months - Cliff   For your celebration!lol - Northernguy   

0 Not allowed!
    Keep us posted about what you eventually decide to restock with, and post some pics when you start putting 'em in. Awesome looking tanks btw.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by megastealer
    Cool looking tanks

More importantly, I have the same 29g tank stand as you. Lol!
    Lol- that tank was actually given to me by my neighbor. He had it in his garage forever and didn't want it. According to him it is 20+ years old.

It leaked when he gave it to us but my BF was able to reseal it. Its not the prettiest tank- the glass has a lot of scratches and the silicone is a bit messy, but its water tight.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Your fist Gift! - Northernguy   fellow Torontonian :) - NanoTankGuy   congrats on your first Pearl - NanoTankGuy   yeaaaaa - Lady Hobbs   Born there. Sorry about the G20 - little hawaii   

0 Not allowed!
    that betta is just beautiful!
    40 GALLON / 6 Black Neon Tetras, 6 featherfin rainbows, 3 Khulis, 5 Macculloch Rainbows, 3 Bosemani Rainbows