· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Crispy, am I seeing a 340 gallon tank somewhere in your future?
    LOL

Awards Showcase

Friends don't let friends drink alone, and I'm there for you man - Cliff After all that virtual alcohol it's time to sober up with some virtual food - mommy1 I can't drink alone mate - ScottishFish I won't thank you because it's a thankless job 7 also I cannot find any CUC type gifts but thanks [ - 850R Cheers bud - Cliff 
    Time for a Pint? I cannae drink alone - ScottishFish Implied message here. - mommy1 Congrats MOTM !!! - Cliff Cheers! - escamosa I dunno why I'm giving you a skunkloach as your prize,. They just sound cool! :) - escamosa 
    Merry Christmas - KingFisher Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas!! - ScottishFish Happy X-mas! :-) - MCHRKiller Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 
    A cup of coffee to get you going on that build. - Strider199 Merry xmas! - ScottishFish Merry Christmas - mommy1 Happy New Year - mommy1 Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Hobbs
    Crispy, am I seeing a 340 gallon tank somewhere in your future?
    LOL
    would be nice... haha.. need a bigger place first.. gimme a year or so. :)

would love to turn my 190g into a ray/discus tank possibly if I do get a bigger tank for the fronts/aro.
    Thar she blows!!!

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    two years and he s 24 inches?.. got a 10 inch. in a 90 gal how long u think b4 i have to upgrade to 125 or 150

Awards Showcase

you need a calvus for your tang tank - Celtic Fins Congratulations to you both - Celtic Fins Congrats on your engagement! - Brookfish my favorite fish - jaysee you speak so much sense - AlexW 
    You need one... - Little Embers hang in there mac - mommy1 one for you too. Thanks - Celtic Fins thanks for the rep - Celtic Fins good luck in all you do. - Celtic Fins 
    Id like to give you one too. - Amazon merry christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas sir!!! - Mith Nollaig Shona! (Christmas greetings) - Brookfish happy holidays! - Jacko 
    Wishing You A Happy New Year!!! - Jill Happy new year! - Brookfish Happy New Year! - The Red Severum Congratulations on your rep star :-) - Celtic Fins Welcome back - mommy1 

0 Not allowed!
    They grow to the tank size. The more space they have, the faster they grow.

Depending how long the fish may already need a larger tank. But in saying that the 90g is fine for a 10in. But I would not wait to after 15in IMO.

mac
    Be a responsible fish keeper! Study before buying!
    Never give in to impulse buying of Aquatic Fish.

Dairy 2IC. NZ Dairy Holdings.
    Turbo fan. Nothing beats a turbo at the lights.
    Oh sorry officer did not realise I was dragging.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jahser420
    two years and he s 24 inches?.. got a 10 inch. in a 90 gal how long u think b4 i have to upgrade to 125 or 150
    Here is a good guide for figuring out tank size.
    http://tanks4thememories.blogspot.com/2010/05/stocking-large-fish-and-non-custom-tank.html#top1
    “Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine.” - Nikola Tesla

"GoT FiSh?"

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mac
    They grow to the tank size.
    No they don't.They outgrow most tanks that people keep them in. Most need a 6'x3' tank at the minimum.A 8'x3.5' would be better.Twice the length of the fish,for the length of the tank,and as wide as the fish is long for the width is a good guideline for silver aros.Unfortunately most people think they will grow to their tank size.That is why most get stunted,develop gill curl,and die prematurely.
    Quote Originally Posted by mac
    The more space they have, the faster they grow.
    That is not true either.The more you feed them,the faster they grow.It has nothing to do with the size of tank they are in.

0 Not allowed!
    What's the smallest type of Aro?

Sark

1G Planted Betta tank, 1.5G Planted Betta tank, 10G Planted Swordtail Fry tank,
    10G Neolamprologus Multifasciatus (Shell Dweller) tank. Empty/Work in Progress 135G, 40GB, 2 x 20GL, 2 x 10G
    My aquarium (and more) videos on YouTube

Awards Showcase

you need a calvus for your tang tank - Celtic Fins Congratulations to you both - Celtic Fins Congrats on your engagement! - Brookfish my favorite fish - jaysee you speak so much sense - AlexW 
    You need one... - Little Embers hang in there mac - mommy1 one for you too. Thanks - Celtic Fins thanks for the rep - Celtic Fins good luck in all you do. - Celtic Fins 
    Id like to give you one too. - Amazon merry christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas sir!!! - Mith Nollaig Shona! (Christmas greetings) - Brookfish happy holidays! - Jacko 
    Wishing You A Happy New Year!!! - Jill Happy new year! - Brookfish Happy New Year! - The Red Severum Congratulations on your rep star :-) - Celtic Fins Welcome back - mommy1 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oskar
    No they don't.They outgrow most tanks that people keep them in. Most need a 6'x3' tank at the minimum.A 8'x3.5' would be better.Twice the length of the fish,for the length of the tank,and as wide as the fish is long for the width is a good guideline for silver aros.Unfortunately most people think they will grow to their tank size.That is why most get stunted,develop gill curl,and die prematurely.
    I know quite a lot of these fish. More on how they taste, and how good they are to catch, having caught many of the sub species of these fish. As for keeping them I would not bother. Due to the tank size. I got better uses for the tank size they need, in large Bio types.

But as for your point, you say they only grow so large, then keep going. Well it is true. And they don't stop. But their is a point when all fish will grow to the tank dimensions and stop, because they can't. Being stunted. That was what I was talking about.

You miss quoted me 100%
    To only take out
    They grow to the tank size.
    You have not let me finish what I am stating on the fish and growth and sizes according to the tanks. To make it logical!

I am among a small belt of Arrow fish keepers in my area. Most of them won't get a tank past 6ft and 3ft 3ft. And all of the fish don't grow past 3.1-3.8ft long.
    But on the whole fish are forced by us to grow to the size of a tank. Yet some will grow more, you are saying it as 100% correct with out one chance that the fish or any fish won't keep growing or stay small. How can you say that when fish of all types change our perceptions all the time?

What I was saying is what I wrote. Just logical follow on of the sentences, just using periods to answer the question, and give better force to what I said with clarity. You miss quoted. And have hence made a mess of what was stated. For me 4 year exp on my own fish keeping and from people I have know fish keeping for longer than I have lived, is how I have based my thoughts and most of my posts ever posted on AC.

So I repeat.
    That is not true either.The more you feed them,the faster they grow.It has nothing to do with the size of tank they are in.
    Ohh I see. So it is a figure of my thoughts that my Angle doubled in size from being shifted from a 50g to 100g, in the space of 8 months? Being fed the same same water quality, just a tank 8 inches taller, and 1ft longer?

And I
    Fed the same. FED THE SAME. FED THE SAME.
    He was bought at 2 inches tall, 1 inch long. He was kept in the 50g for 1 year and only grew to 5in to 3in. The shift an he has grew double that 10in 7, plus add 2 inch because of a broken top fin.

Man I must have dreamt all of that. Must go and check my tank out, and see that he is not still small.

My RTS has done the same, he is now just of 5 inches in the 1 year I have kept it. And he started at 2in. Wow that must never ever have happened.

Quiet a few of my Kulies which I have kept in my 100g are now 8in long and have been in the tank for 1 year now, and these I purchased at 4in.

Ohh and my Sev which is 10in long was spawned and grown in a 150g tank, 6ft long. And from what the owner said it took him 1 year to get half of his size, and the another year to finish that size. This fish had been kept from a young fish to old fish. Then the man got rid of him and a few others of his severum group, and a chap had them for 6 years. Now I have had him for 1 years now. And he is doing great. That fish two must have had some odd problem about not at all growing as large and as fast as they are able to do in the right conditions.

Oh and one more my BN which is a BN is now nearly 7 inch long. And he I have spawned my own and is one year old and been in a 100g all its life, till now and he is in a 75g cube.

Must get out o chair and hit head on wall to make sure I am alive and not mental.

Now as to the fact
    The more you feed them,the faster they grow.It has nothing to do with the size of tank they are in.
    Is true, well done. "Some one give him a hand on his speech!! :)

But it has everything to do to the size of the tank and the food.

All mine get fed a great diet, and they only grow to the size of the tank, and then grow more if I take them out before they get stunted. I never keep a fish that can get stunted in any of my tanks.

So no you are wrong on one point. Fish grow faster if they have better space. But food is needed. And logically included. Duhhhhhhh
    Be a responsible fish keeper! Study before buying!
    Never give in to impulse buying of Aquatic Fish.

Dairy 2IC. NZ Dairy Holdings.
    Turbo fan. Nothing beats a turbo at the lights.
    Oh sorry officer did not realise I was dragging.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    You are wrong in your first post,and in this post MAC. It would be nice if you could admit it,then let it go. But as you have shown in the second post,I am sure you will not.

Go on with trying to tell people how to keep fish,even though what you say is usually wrong.

Good Day.

I'm done with this.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Mercy, That's one scary looking fish!It is a beautiful fish but I'm a big chicken and I would be afraid he would bite my hand off.//