· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Thread: kuhlis

1. Default kuhlis

0 Not allowed!
    Got two banded kuhlis today. I love them already eventhough I only saw them for 10 mins. They have found lots of lil' nooks and crannies to hide in and make a home. Will they eat snails? If not, that's ok, but if so, what a bonus. I just love these lil' guys they are only about 2 inches, lol. Once they get comfy, I'll try for some pics.
    40 GALLON / 6 Black Neon Tetras, 6 featherfin rainbows, 3 Khulis, 5 Macculloch Rainbows, 3 Bosemani Rainbows

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I checked my khulis today before I went to work, boy are they hard to find! Then I looked at a piece of wood I had and one of them found a crack in the wood that he fit just perfectly into, all I could see was his head. I wish i had time to take a pic, but would have been late for work.
    40 GALLON / 6 Black Neon Tetras, 6 featherfin rainbows, 3 Khulis, 5 Macculloch Rainbows, 3 Bosemani Rainbows

Awards Showcase

Good luck with the community tank!  You WILL post pics when it's up and running!  Welcome to AC BTW - Mith for ur tank ! welcome to AC ! - Neon im not a good hug'er - rookie Grats on the fry! - Northernguy To go with your beer!  Thanks for the help! - dragoonwoman 
    Thanks for playing Mafia! - Agassizii Happy Holidays - Northernguy Hey!  I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!!!! - Mith Welcome to AC. - Brookfish For your pancake bunny - Cliff 
    aww thanks LOL  (Mith welling up with tears) LOL - Mith For all your help and patience!!!!! - fish00053 That was the greatist thing ever - Pele A new cory for your 10 gallon - Cliff For the  help - Rue 
    Dude that's the funniest signature I've seen on this site. Have a beer. - harpua2002 A piece of cake to thank everybody that posted in my anniversary thread for their kind words. - gadget228 For getting too close to pleco's breeding rabbits. - gadget228 Awesome sig, make me chuckle :) - FinalJenemba Merry Xmas! Hope U have a good one! Thanks for all the DIY help! :) - Mrs.JayMay23 

0 Not allowed!
    They are really good hiders. Have to make sure and check over anything you are pulling out of the tank, I lost one that way, hitched a ride inside a filter actually. They may nibble at smaller snails, but are in no way real snail control. They are one of the fish that the more hiding places they have, the more you will see them out and about.
    Who is "General Failure" and why is he reading my hard drive?

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I see my kuhlis all day long. They have loads of places to hide. Under the driftwood,a clay pot cave,they love hiding in the java moss pile by the sponge filter,and under all of the other plants.

I have three,I read that the more you have in a group the more you see them.
    50g hex mixed com,30g parrot,5g ACF,16g bow planted. More to come!

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I want to get 5 of these guys eventually, they are too cute

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah, they're little cuties all right. I'd suggest putting something over your filter intake, just to make sure that they don't decide to "hide" in there.

As far as snails are concerned ... they won't really eat them. They may grab a newly hatched snail here and there, but won't really control a population.
    My AC Fish Gallery:
    Another gallery with my fish

21 Gallon - 3 Ornate Tetras, 7 Pencilfish, 1 Oto cat, 7 Amano shrimp, 1 Peckoltia brevis, 1 clown pleco
    15 Gallon - 1 clown pleco, 6 threadfin rainbows
    10 Gallon - 7 Galaxy Rasboras, 4 Betta rutilans, Cherry shrimp, 1 Hillstream Loach
    65 Gallon - Cycling!

Awards Showcase

For your AC Tank! - Northernguy Merry Christmas - Northernguy Happy Birthday!!! - Jill For your love of the pleco. - R2 Ranch I agree with many things you say on many topics, so hee is a gift  that - james20 
    Sorry about your rat. - cer for giving a sick rat a great life - frank_zappa so sorry about JR. - gabbyguppy This one is best! - Agassizii thanks for the motm nomination! - Lab_Rat 
    To another Scotty fan,thx for chatting. - smaug Congrats on your awards. - Brookfish Sorry about Blaze - Rue thank you very much. - smaug 1 year at AC! - Northernguy 
    Thanks for all the help lately i really appreciate it. - octoxpuss cause  your  good - bushwhacker For the Camden Aquarium tour! - Rue Happy Easter! - Northernguy 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - annageckos Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - annageckos Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - annageckos 

0 Not allowed!
    The more you have the more active and out and about they will be. I always suggest six or more. Once they settle in they can become very active. Just watch when you clean your filter, they can sometimes get into it through the intake tube.
    55 gallon planted community
    30 gallon planted community
    10 gallon planted wild type guppies and cherry shrimp
    2X5.5