· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Clown loach with red streak down it's body

0 Not allowed!
    I've had Clown Loaches for 9 years and recently bought 3 new little ones to add to my tank. They've been in a QT for a week and I've noticed that on at least two of the three they have a red streak down the center of their body. It's not on the outside, it's not a cut or skin disorder, it looks like you can see through their bodies and see a reddish, maybe even red-orange streak. Does anyone know if this is normal?

They're eating well, and the water is testing fine with under 10 nitrate, 0 nitrite, 0 ammonia, GH and KH are in safe range, and PH is steady at 7.6.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I just found this picture on the web and it looks a lot like my little clowns. I think maybe it's nothing:

http://aquariumprosmn.com/wp-content...701d_w0440.jpg

0 Not allowed!
    Just looks like a blood vein to me. Just watch them for ick for a while.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks Lady Hobbs. It's been a while since I've had clowns this size. I was hoping I was just reading too much into it.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    those guys are pretty cool looking

0 Not allowed!
    I sure miss my loaches. I had 5 in a 55 gallon and knew the day would come when they'd need more space. I gave them to a lady who had 150 gallon that would later put them in her indoor pond. But I sure did enjoy watching them and their crazy antics.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I had my 4 in a 55 gallon. It started falling apart - the front was bowing out and the stand was splitting - signs of big trouble to come! I convinced my reluctant husband to let me upgrade to a 75 gallon. They had a hard time acclimating to the new tank, but they're doing well now, and I'm going to add 3 friends for them. They are a lot of fun to watch!

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I don't think it's anything to worry about, I have a clown loach, and he has a red stripe down his side. He's never been sick, except for ick when I first got him. He's had that red stripe as long as I can remember. Just to make sure we're talking about the same thing, this strip is kind of under the skin, and somewhat transparent.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Yes, the stripe is under the skin and somewhat transparent. I'm sure it's the blood vein, so I'm no longer worried about it. They are all doing very well. (knock wood)