· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Very nica article indeed. Thanks for psting it.
    Do as I say. Not as I do.

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks Dave. This is an excellent post.
    Cheers

Tank 1 : 18.7 G Planted 100% Flourite : Amano Shrimps, Red Cherry Shrimps, Endlers. Guppies.
    Tank 2: 8.4 G : Planted Tank Mix of Flourite and Azoo Plant Grower. 8 Danios, Amanos (Plant Propagation Tank)
    Tank 3 : 8.4 G : Mix of Flourite and Azoo Plant Grower.6 Slender Rasboras
    Weekly Liquid Dosing of Nitrate, Potassium, Phosphate, Magnesium, CSM+B and Iron Nutrients for Plants.

0 Not allowed!
    Dave - Is there any way of begining Infusoria and Microworms WITHOUT starter culture ?
    for eg. Do I have to rot some mashed potatoes or lettuce to develop it first so that it develops worms ?
    Last edited by superbsite; 10-18-2010 at 02:18 PM.

Tank 1 : 18.7 G Planted 100% Flourite : Amano Shrimps, Red Cherry Shrimps, Endlers. Guppies.
    Tank 2: 8.4 G : Planted Tank Mix of Flourite and Azoo Plant Grower. 8 Danios, Amanos (Plant Propagation Tank)
    Weekly Liquid Dosing of Nitrate, Potassium, Phosphate, Magnesium, CSM+B and Iron Nutrients for Plants.

0 Not allowed!
    Infusoria yes, microworms no. Infusoria develops naturally via vegetative decay. You can control it better using the method I use to culture Paramecium, but you'll get a rich culture of whatever is floating around in your air.

Microworms you have to have a startup. You can find them in beer felts in breweries, if you don't want to pony up for a proper startup.

Dave
    When a finger points to the moon, the imbecile looks at the finger.

Omnia mutantur nihil interit.

The more you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go

0 Not allowed!
    thanks dave
    cheers

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Awesome Job, Dave!

:)
    www.mrsjaymay23-fish-advice.blogspot.com
    Fish I own: angels(x2), pleco(x1), dojo loaches(x4), bolivian ram(x1), platy(x6), snails(x?) garra rufa (x1) feeder fish (x3), 80+ platy babies were born about 4 wks ago. (Not all in the same tank of course!)

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    is it ok to use guppy fry for live food?My father in law has hundreds uon hundreds.I ask him all the time what he is going to do with all these guppies when they grow up.He gave me a few that are older but i don'twant the same problem with having to many a few are fine.

0 Not allowed!
    Really depends on the species of fish, but the vast majority are either omnivores or herbivores. Very, very few species of fish eaters (piscivores) are available in the hobby, and even those will eat organisms other than just fishes.

Upshot is live fish like guppy fry are too rich for the systems of the vast majority of fishes when fed live fish too frequently. List your stock, and I can give you a schedule on feeding them guppy fry.

Dave
    When a finger points to the moon, the imbecile looks at the finger.

Omnia mutantur nihil interit.

The more you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave66
    Really depends on the species of fish, but the vast majority are either omnivores or herbivores. Very, very few species of fish eaters (piscivores) are available in the hobby, and even those will eat organisms other than just fishes.

Upshot is live fish like guppy fry are too rich for the systems of the vast majority of fishes when fed live fish too frequently. List your stock, and I can give you a schedule on feeding them guppy fry.

Dave
    my tropical tank has 5 hiin black skirt tetras,5 swordtails,2 albino corys,1 panda cory,2 dwarf gouramis,1 common pleco, 3 gupies

the second tank has 2 comet goldfish(one is rather large),1 fancy goldfish,1 hi fin spotted pleco,1 opaline gourami.

both tanks are 29 gallon

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    bravo great job
    can you tell me how to culture misqutio larave for gourami and swords