· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: java moss

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Question java moss

0 Not allowed!
    i bought a java moss that attached to a rock. how do i trim it??
    Last edited by ctruz1110; 05-24-2007 at 10:10 AM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

thanks for good advice - hobbs   ROADTRIP! - Drumachine09   We'll need a case of these for the roadtrip, got the humvee waitin. lol - cocoa_pleco   NO plants = Sour grapes  LOL - hobbs   Wooden Spoon Protection! - Drumachine09   

0 Not allowed!
    Scissors + net or just pull out what you don't want.
    Foshizzle.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    those that i've removed can i put it on the gravel to make carpet? how??

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

god im hungry - cocoa_pleco   You make me laugh! - Drumachine09   And lots of pizza too! lol - Chrona   wish i had some of this to drink right now - cocoa_pleco   DAAAAAM, this drink looks good - cocoa_pleco   
    Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - cocoa_pleco   Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - cocoa_pleco   Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - cocoa_pleco   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - cocoa_pleco   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - cocoa_pleco   

0 Not allowed!
    you want to make a carpet on the gravel with the trimmings?To do that, i guess you would have to stuff a small amound of gravel in the moss to hold it down. chrona probably has a better idea

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    yeah.. but i think it will be quite messy.. better not.. i saw many nice plant to make carpet.. such as glossostigma (???) but i dont think i can find it in malaysia.. and i'm new to aqua planting.. wanna start with something easy. any suggestion??

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

thanks for good advice - hobbs   ROADTRIP! - Drumachine09   We'll need a case of these for the roadtrip, got the humvee waitin. lol - cocoa_pleco   NO plants = Sour grapes  LOL - hobbs   Wooden Spoon Protection! - Drumachine09   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ctruz1110
    yeah.. but i think it will be quite messy.. better not.. i saw many nice plant to make carpet.. such as glossostigma (???) but i dont think i can find it in malaysia.. and i'm new to aqua planting.. wanna start with something easy. any suggestion??
    Marsilea hirsuta makes a nice, thick carpet plant even in low light. Malaysia is actually where a lot of the aquarium plants we have in the US came from, so it should be rather easy to get them over there at nurseries and stuff :)
    Foshizzle.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    how do i know if my java moss got enough light?? how bright is low light??

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ctruz1110
    how do i know if my java moss got enough light?? how bright is low light??
    How big is your tank? And how much lighting/what kind (ie incandescent, fluorescent, compact fluorescent, etc)
    Foshizzle.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    12g tank.. i'm not sure what kind of light. its long double u ( UU ) type. anyway.. can u pplease recommend what type of light i need to use.. Brand,type,watts etc.. thanx..

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

god im hungry - cocoa_pleco   You make me laugh! - Drumachine09   And lots of pizza too! lol - Chrona   wish i had some of this to drink right now - cocoa_pleco   DAAAAAM, this drink looks good - cocoa_pleco   
    Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - cocoa_pleco   Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - cocoa_pleco   Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - cocoa_pleco   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - cocoa_pleco   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - cocoa_pleco   

0 Not allowed!
    java moss is very undemanding. with no light, it will grow extremely slow, with incandescent, it will grow at a fair speed, with a regular 15 watt fluorescent, which is best, it will grow at a nice pace. with a massive high output light, you will have a swarm of java moss.

a regular 15w fluorescent will work nicely. i like hagens aqua-glo bulbs, but other brands are fine