· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas to You and Yours! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Win or lose, here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Cheers! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    See ya there.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Just because... - alfcea   for starting a saltwater tank - cocoa_pleco   Tanks really coming together! - oldhead   merry christmas - cocoa_pleco   Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!  :) - KrytterKrys   

0 Not allowed!
    +1 on the fish learning ability and memory. All of our fish are smart. If I wave any food container shaped object near any of our tanks, all the fish head for the feeding corner. That's just one of several things that show their smart.

Now if I can just train our rabbitfish, which has venomous spines, to keep away when my hand is in the tank. He thinks hes a dog and needs to be petted, lol. One day he's gonna get me

29 gallon-planted community

20 long frag tank
    75 gal-planted goldfish

75 gallon mixed reef with 20 gallon sump

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    What about the lifestyle of saltwater, tropical, and freshwater fish?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Ahhh ya got me! - Trillianne   Restocking your pond - Trillianne   Rep Message:  Thanks for the giggle!  Am still snickering. - Rhaethe   A little less toxic! Lol - Kayfish   Thanks for the rep - Cliff   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsPeanutButterJellyTime
    What about the lifestyle of saltwater, tropical, and freshwater fish?
    A fishes sexual orientation is none of my concern. What they do behind closed fishy doors is nobodies business. So judgmental....sheesh.

Who is "General Failure" and why is he reading my hard drive?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

A neon for your tank! There were no platys. lol - Northernguy   Thanks for the help with those zombies - Northernguy   Right on. - Wild Turkey   Congrats on your award! - Brookfish   you need more gifts! - The Red Severum   

0 Not allowed!
    I'm doing my research essay on vaccines personally and can't easily reccomend a fish related topic but I say you should do it on something you can easily find studies and research on. I mean, you may feel the desire to pick an intriguing topic, but your first priorty is picking a topic you can actually find enough stuff to write about.

Good luck on your essay bro.
    SIX OR MORE MAN TO THE RESCUE!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need a gift - The Red Severum   Really nice to see you again! - Lady Hobbs   You need more fish here!lol - Northernguy   Thanks for the rep! - Lindsey   tanks4thecompliment!! =) - Aeonflame   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by VoidParadigm
    I have to complete a research paper on a topic of my choosing.
    Considering doing it either on something fish related or psychology related.
    Says right in my book that I should ask around for ideas, and heh, you're people, so you might have some?

I expect more people could give me some good ideas for fish related research papers, than people could for psychology, but you never know.

So, please? Hehe.
    Fish disease is an interesting topic to me. There is a lot of good material on the subject. Also Picine TB - is very misunderstood interesting disease, with quite a few issues that will make people say ...hmmmm. I posted what could be a good foundation for an research paper on the subject here.
    Most of it is referenced and you have my blessing on anything original that I posted.

What ever the subject you choose GL!!
    “Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine.” - Nikola Tesla

"GoT FiSh?"

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's  to getting well! - Rue   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   A cup of coffee to get your day started. - gadget228   For 10K posts, finally - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas! - Boundava   
    HIV/AIDS - William   Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - William   

0 Not allowed!
    I suggest a paper on the psychology surrounding the interaction between people on a fish forum ;-)

No seriously I like the fish learning idea as well.
    Do as I say. Not as I do.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Just for you! - Cristoff   Drink up! lol - Northernguy   Champion Cow Catcher! - Rue   Damn!  Tried to find you a cow! - Lady Hobbs   

Post Paper

0 Not allowed!
    Sounds a little fishy to me.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

you needed a gift - Agassizii   Thanks for the tip! - Northernguy   I'm so sorry :( - Oscar_freak12321   Wishing You A Happy New Year!!! - Jill   Happy New Years, here's your Pl*co! xD - Oscar_freak12321   
    Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - VoidParadigm   

0 Not allowed!
    Chose Iridovirus infections for three reasons.

1) I already know a lot about it.
    2) I wanted to update my previous post about it (see signature for link) with a bleepload of new information I learned about it, anyways.
    3) My teacher won't know what I'm talking about, so if I messed something up, I'm fairly safe.

Rough (painfully rough) draft is now done. In some people's opinions that might have been considered a bit quick, but ah well. It's not like I was going to do anything else today. (Except roleplay magical wolves.... *coughcough* Guilty of such a thing, I admit it!)

In any case, focused a lot on the controversy and misdiagnosing of several forms of it.
    For example, Lymphocystivirus vs. DGIV.
    Last edited by VoidParadigm; 04-29-2010 at 04:38 AM.
    A severe lack of trichogaster.

Just because your Gourami is sick does not mean it is always Iridovirus, DGIV, Gourami Disease, et cetera.
    Look at all the other factors in your tank before coming to this conclusion.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need a gift - The Red Severum   Really nice to see you again! - Lady Hobbs   You need more fish here!lol - Northernguy   Thanks for the rep! - Lindsey   tanks4thecompliment!! =) - Aeonflame   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by VoidParadigm
    Chose Iridovirus infections for three reasons.

1) I already know a lot about it.
    2) I wanted to update my previous post about it (see signature for link) with a bleepload of new information I learned about it, anyways.
    3) My teacher won't know what I'm talking about, so if I messed something up, I'm fairly safe.

Rough (painfully rough) draft is now done. In some people's opinions that might have been considered a bit quick, but ah well. It's not like I was going to do anything else today. (Except roleplay magical wolves.... *coughcough* Guilty of such a thing, I admit it!)

In any case, focused a lot on the controversy and misdiagnosing of several forms of it.
    For example, Lymphocystivirus vs. DGIV.
    Oh yeah I forgot you did that awesome post on it. Good deal, I think that will turn out awesome. I look forward to reading it!!
    “Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine.” - Nikola Tesla

"GoT FiSh?"