· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's  to getting well! - Rue   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   A cup of coffee to get your day started. - gadget228   For 10K posts, finally - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas! - Boundava   
    HIV/AIDS - William   Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - William   

0 Not allowed!
    haemobartonellosis don´t really seem to fit the bill either since the dog among other things kepts it appetite. It still wanted to eat at the end it just seemed to hurt to much. However it still had appetite and ate soft food such as banana. It was also active in defending its food to the end.
    Do as I say. Not as I do.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

here's your first algae! - Lady Hobbs   more fishies - Lady Hobbs   needs a friend - Lady Hobbs   Wait... you have THAT 210 and no discus gifts yet???   :) - harpua2002   No Message - Lady Hobbs   

0 Not allowed!
    how was his/hers muscle control towards the end?

reason I ask is my yellow lab did something similar, no blood but he was going to be 7 that year, 3 months before we put him down he passed a clean bill of health from the vet(who is a lab guru) two weeks before christmas we put him down, autopsy revealed his entire left side of his brain was cancer.

I am sorry for your families loss and the loss of your furry family member.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For your AC Tank! - Northernguy   Merry Christmas - Northernguy   Happy Birthday!!! - Jill   For your love of the pleco. - R2 Ranch   I agree with many things you say on many topics, so hee is a gift  that - james20   
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - annageckos   Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - annageckos   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - annageckos   

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry if I am repeating anything, and very very sorry for your loss. Could he have gotten into any rat or mouse poison. Vit K is used because they cause internal bleeding. Also, sometimes the vacs you give an animal will give them the thing you are trying to protect agianst. Becuase you are interducing the virus into thier body. It is more common when giving multible vacs at once. Though I doesn't sound like parvo. Sounds more like poisoning.
    55 planted Community
    30 planted

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

couldn't find a turkey for u - Neon   Wishing You A Happy New Year!!! - Jill   

0 Not allowed!
    I may be completely wrong and I seriously hope I am but I lost a couple dogs to similar symptoms within a month of each other and it ended up being a crazy old neighbor feeding them ground beef and anti-freeze. The bleeding from the nose first, then completely stopped up and breathing through mouth. It ate the throat lining out so when he finally died he had no way of closing off his throat and couldnt seperate food or water from air when eating always choking himself. It was a terrible ordeal. I hope you dont have neighbors like that

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Cheers - Cliff   Merry Christmas! - Plecos   Happy Holidays. - gadget228   Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! - Plecos   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue   Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue   

0 Not allowed!
    I'm so sorry William. It could just be that he didn't have the strongest immune system and the infection just did him in. If it was a resistant strain of bacteria, that would do it too...

Sometimes it just happens...and there is no concrete explanation.

{{{hugs}}}
    55 g Goldfish Tank - 3 Fancies, 2 Comets
    25 g Tropical Tank - Celestial Pearl Danio/Mixed

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's  to getting well! - Rue   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   A cup of coffee to get your day started. - gadget228   For 10K posts, finally - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas! - Boundava   
    HIV/AIDS - William   Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - William   

0 Not allowed!
    We have consider rat poision but it simply no way he could have gotten to that. I haven´t used any for a long time and it is stored save. It also had´t been outside the yard for a while due to the injured foot which meant no walks. I do agree with poison being one of the best fits which is why I suspect the toads (or one of the other dangerous animals here)

I do not think it is a neighbour. Everyone here loves pure bred dogs.

And yes the reason we administered vitmin K was to stop bleeding.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

A fish for your tank! - Rue   You need more fish here!lol - Northernguy   for a fellow former sailor. - Scrup   Thank for your advice of the past  2 months - Cliff   For your celebration!lol - Northernguy   

0 Not allowed!
    I don't know have a clue as to what could've happened, but I just wanted to say that I'm sorry to hear about Kaiser.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - korith   

0 Not allowed!
    what seems most likely to me is that the infection on his foot spread. It sounded pretty nasty if it was causing necrosis. The infection probably became systemic before the antibiotics were administered. This can cause the body to go into septic shock causing the body to vasucularize and perhaps caused the blood leaking from the nose.

https://health.google.com/health/ref/Septic+shock

Also would explain the loss of balance, gum infection, and labored breathing. This can lead to organ failure which is probably what did him in. It's very hard to say what bacteria exactly without blood work done.

Edit: Not quite sure since the infection seemed to clear up but maybe organs(liver?) were damaged beyond repair before the infection could be cleared.

Very sorry for your loss

-Z
    Last edited by Z Fish Man; 04-27-2010 at 05:08 PM.
    10g- 5 diamond tetra, 1 oto, 1 albino BN pleco, 1 assassin snail and 2 blue shrimp. Heavily planted tank.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

fellow Kentuckian - Algenco   congrats, great pic of the puppies! - Brookfish   Congrats on your award! - Brookfish   Congratulations on your award - Celtic Fins   Congratulations on APOTM - Celtic Fins   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - gabbyguppy   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gabbyguppy   

0 Not allowed!
    So sorry to hear about your pup. Sounds like he died from septic shock.

Karen

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Septic schock would fit somewhat well if it wasn´t for the timeline. The infection in the foot healed and the soars healed, new skinned had started to form etc before any of the new problems appeared. We have atleast 3-4 days between the infection in the foot have gone down to the point where no signs could be seen and before the new symptoms started.

However there are no doubt that it was a nasty bacteria he got in the foot due to the necrosis that went almost straight through the paw.

I did not answer earlier about muscle control. It is hard to say. It might have been affected but it really seemed more like he was to tired to stand for long times than he had musce control issues. And regardless this improved again before his demise.

all in all it seems very much like antifreeze (fits all symptoms) but there is none in the house and I sincerely doubt any neighbours have it either since this is a tropical country and it isn´t used much allthough it can be found. It is sometimes used to keep temp down. The usuall way to poision a dog here is to use crushed glass. Maybe some animal poison here acts similar.