· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Ahhh ya got me! - Trillianne   Restocking your pond - Trillianne   Rep Message:  Thanks for the giggle!  Am still snickering. - Rhaethe   A little less toxic! Lol - Kayfish   Thanks for the rep - Cliff   

Default Duckweed solution

0 Not allowed!
    so, I have duckweed. Lots of it. Once a week I have to remove close to a gallon of it from my 225G or the tank gets too dark and the other plants start to wilt. The apple snails love it, but it grows faster than they can eat it.

The other day, I noticed my big pleco up near the top, and he was sucking in a few peices of it. Just a few. Then a few more.

Woke up this morning, and the duckweed has been demolished, and the pleco is on the bottom with an unusually fat belly.

There is just a tiny bit left in places he cant get to it. The night before it was a solid coat.

funny too, I was planning on trying to get it all out this weekend. the misses is getting tired of having to scrub it off of everything. Looks like the pleco was listening in on that conversation.

Gotta get some before/after pics up to show you, I just still can't believe he ate all of it.
    Who is "General Failure" and why is he reading my hard drive?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas to You and Yours! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Win or lose, here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Cheers! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    He gonna look like this poop monster:

Last edited by Taurus; 04-20-2010 at 05:54 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need a gift - Lady Hobbs   Have a beer on me - sailor   Fresh outta the Chesapeke...maybe..lol - jbeining75   happy 21st birthday yay - angelcakes   Happy birthday! - Tigerbarb   
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - turkey151   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - turkey151   Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - Wild Turkey   Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Wild Turkey   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Wild Turkey   

0 Not allowed!
    Thats neat. I wouldnt have guessed the pleco would be interested. His poop will be really green lol

Goldfish work for this purpose as well

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Ahhh ya got me! - Trillianne   Restocking your pond - Trillianne   Rep Message:  Thanks for the giggle!  Am still snickering. - Rhaethe   A little less toxic! Lol - Kayfish   Thanks for the rep - Cliff   

0 Not allowed!
    My goldfish have yet to take interest in duckweed sadly. I was hoping that I would be able to dump it in their pond, but it just ends up covering the top and making them hard to feed.
    Who is "General Failure" and why is he reading my hard drive?