· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Dwarf Aquarium Lily

0 Not allowed!
    Anybody have experience with them?

I finally got my delivery confirmation for my plant order. They subbed in a Dwarf Aquarium Lily for the heat pack I ordered. It was cold when I placed the order.

There is no mention of these on Plant Geek and the only info I've found so far as that they like good substrate and that I should trim off the floating leaves so new leaves will grow beneath the water surface.

It's pretty and reminds me of a Lotus, but there is no mention of light requirements, ect.
    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Awards Showcase

RAK - DemonShark CONGRATULATIONS DADDY - Lady Hobbs for new bed - Lady Hobbs for new wife - Lady Hobbs to remodel steps - Lady Hobbs 
    To get bigger house? - Lady Hobbs Thanks for the shrimp!! They ROCK! - richberstler My Hero - Lady Hobbs guess what this is for?  LOL - Lady Hobbs Thanks for the plant help!!! Rep coming too!!! - jbeining75 
    Sorry for the loss.. Hope you feel better Gene!! - jbeining75 Thanks for becoming a mod - William Congratulations on Moderator Status! - Tolley To your Modship - Lady Hobbs thanks - mitcore 
    Keep your chin up. Your wife is in our prayers. - ILuvMyGoldBarb Thinking of you during this difficult time x - Fishalicious Your wife deserves a treat! - Rue No Message - Algenco No Message - Algenco 
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Algenco Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Algenco Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Algenco Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Algenco Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - Algenco 

0 Not allowed!
    I've never had one, but they are supposedly easy.

Google Nymphaea stellata
    As I get older I find myself thinking about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

AC's Free Aquarium Ebook

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I was going to order 4-6 of these for my guppy tank.

supposed to be no brainer plants.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    From what I've been able to find since my post:

They grow from a bulb

Like low light

Will take root wherever they are plopped into a tank. If they need to moved for whatever reason, the roots should be buried again once the plant is placed in it's new area.

If it's that easy, there shouldn't be a problem.
    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    try
    www.paradisewatergardens.com

I got their full page print catalog here and there are TONS of aquatic plants both fully submerged and bog types.

they got inverts too, FW clams @ 2.50 a piece got a few.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    The actual store is about 40 minutes from me. They keep a Front named "Lou" as the store mascot. Lou is all by himself and he likes to dig, alot.

I called them a couple of weeks ago about their water lettuce and they told me that it wouldn't be in until sometime in May as they sell it as a pond plant.

The last time we were there, the store was nasty and unkept. I counted far too many tanks that were ridden with dead fish or just so filthy that nobody in their right mind would buy fish from them. It's sad actually as it used to be one of the best places around for fish anyway and for whatever reason, they haven't been maintaining things as they should.

We'll go back in a couple of weeks as it would be easier to get plants from them instead of having them shipped from across the country, but whether I'll actually buy any from there or not remains to be seen. If their tanks have been cleaned up and look atleast 80% better, I'll consider it. If they are as hideous as they were the last time we were there, not likely unless they pull them from their indoor pond or one of the many ponds they have outside.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    PM me I got water lettuce out the nostrils right now. I can ship tomorrow lol.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I've been looking for water lettuce here for my pond, but noone is getting it until JUNE!! And that is a store about 45 min from me. The other stores I go to say they don't stock it because not too many people buy it?? Whatever.

I got a bulb pack and the only plant that grew from it is a dwarf water lily. It is nice, sends lots of stems up the surface with leaves that float the top and some with little white flowers.

I do notice it tends to uh...decay a little if I slack on adding fertilizers, if thats the right word. The leaves just don't look as green. But a little fert and it greens up in about a week. Maybe I should try root tabs? But, It adds a nice addition I think! I like the way the leaves at the top do because they offer a little shade if the fish need it!
    30g:: Planted: 1 SAE, 1 Bristlenose Pleco, 5 Guppies, 3 Platys, 1 zebra danio, 9 Rasboras

2.5g: 1 Male Betta

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteDevil
    PM me I got water lettuce out the nostrils right now. I can ship tomorrow lol.
    Thank you for the offer. I have Frogbit coming in the mail, so we'll see how that goes. If it turns out to be a epic PHAIL, I'll keep you in mind for water lettuce, hence the visual of you having it coming out of your nose.

From what I've read, Dwarf Water Lily's can come in a few colors. They can be green, red or take on a rust color. I haven't found any mention of what effects the color. Normal growth is one new leaf per week regardless of color.

Iron seems to influence alot of plants that normally show red, but I don't know if that applies to this plant or not. One of these days I'll order a aquatic plant book. *sigh* I'm working on a library of garden type plants, but have none for plants that can go in the fish tank.

You could try a root tab, but if it's spouting a new leaf per week, I'd leave it alone. My Banana plant is sprouting a new leaf per week, and has roots going into the substrate, so I'll have to see how this does in comparison.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I dont use root tabs, in 3 tanks ive got over 300 pounds of planting substrate and got another 5x5g pails full from aquariumplants.com for the 210.

Root tabs from what I hear wont do much if the roots are already in a planting substrate.

I dose the tanks with dry ferts from Griggs. screwed up and put the CSM+B in the tank and the iron is everywhere now, I gotta clean it later today.

I am trying to make my final decision on some floating lilies, my 4yo cant get enough flowers in her life I figure I might as well make it a year round thing for her as my U. Swords put off an awesome white bouquet of flowers and my anubias are popping flowers under water constantly.