· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Member of the month, a toast is in order. - Strider199   Sorry about your blood parrot :-( - ~firefly~   For this; http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showthread.php?t=111325 - Strider199   :-) - ~firefly~   Happy mother's day! Enjoy one on me LOL - imma24   
    Childhood Cancer - hobbs   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - hobbs   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Lady Hobbs   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Lady Hobbs   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Lady Hobbs   

Default Anacharis or Hornwort?

0 Not allowed!
    Which one is less apt to be affected by Excel or are they both touchie?

Which one is less ugly? They both look about the same to me.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Your first gift on AC, Welcome to the forum! - Brookfish   welcome - Algenco   Welcome to AC - Celtic Fins   Congrats on your awards! - Brookfish   Congratulations on your award. - Celtic Fins   
    Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - rich311k   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - rich311k   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - rich311k   

0 Not allowed!
    Excel is know to kill anacharis. They say so on the seachem website.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

here's your first algae! - Lady Hobbs   more fishies - Lady Hobbs   needs a friend - Lady Hobbs   Wait... you have THAT 210 and no discus gifts yet???   :) - harpua2002   No Message - Lady Hobbs   

0 Not allowed!
    Go with hornwort, or try some asian ambulia.

I dont use seachem products because of personal reasons so with my ferts nothing is ill effected by them. I am just trying to give you other options to weedy plants(ambulia acts like anach and HW on steriods)

Asian Ambulia is a very invasive species, water changes become more of a chore with that plant.

I have water lettuce if you want a nice true floater instead of stem floaters

It grows fast and keeps the water very clear and the fish prefer it over stem floaters as well.

I think I even have some red root floater in there too.

PM me or email me(you got access to the email address) and I can send you some pics. I got some new ones in yesterday from virginia that are HUGE but I want to multiple those in the new 210.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Member of the month, a toast is in order. - Strider199   Sorry about your blood parrot :-( - ~firefly~   For this; http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showthread.php?t=111325 - Strider199   :-) - ~firefly~   Happy mother's day! Enjoy one on me LOL - imma24   
    Childhood Cancer - hobbs   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - hobbs   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Lady Hobbs   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Lady Hobbs   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Lady Hobbs   

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks both. I was just looking for something to cram behind a log in the back corner. Might just go with Wisteria instead now.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

here's your first algae! - Lady Hobbs   more fishies - Lady Hobbs   needs a friend - Lady Hobbs   Wait... you have THAT 210 and no discus gifts yet???   :) - harpua2002   No Message - Lady Hobbs   

0 Not allowed!
    got that too, I found that when its planted rather then floated it grows thicker and bushier and even tends to run across the substrate rather then towards the top. I just trimmed some huge buds off the top and set them in the gravel.

Wisteria would be your best bet to fill any/all gaps in the aquarium.
    Its bright green tops and light greenish white underleaves are stunning.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Ahhh ya got me! - Trillianne   Restocking your pond - Trillianne   Rep Message:  Thanks for the giggle!  Am still snickering. - Rhaethe   A little less toxic! Lol - Kayfish   Thanks for the rep - Cliff   

0 Not allowed!
    Hornwort is a dedicated floater. It can be stuck places, but will eventually rot its way out. anacharis will root itself over time. Hornwort has pinelike leaves, anacharis has short stubby leaves, reminds me of seaweed.

Go with wisteria or something else, they are both best left freefloating IMO.
    Who is "General Failure" and why is he reading my hard drive?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need a fish for your thoughtful posts!  Brain food! - Rue   Another Betta for your AC tank - Cliff   thanks for plant link - Lady Hobbs   good luck with your geckos! - Crispy   

0 Not allowed!
    I dose 1 ml of excel 3x a week in my 10 gallon planted and my anacharis does really well; I probably trim that plant the most. It does a good job of covering my filter intake and my heater too. I like my wisteria a lot too, though, both are good choices.