· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Cause you cory is probably lonely. - Scrup   Keep your chin up! - Kazenouta   Gourami-ness - Zilla   Happy Easter - Zilla   Congrats on the betta and the boyfriend! - wolf_eyes   

Default Feeding Teenager Betta?

0 Not allowed!
    Allrighty. So the boyfriend now has his first fishie ... a betta by the name of Joker.

Joker is vigorous and alert, but really small. Well, smaller than I've seen betta to be. I'd say he was around the size of a guppy (with extra tail).

I suspect he's not full grown, and is probably in his teenager stage.

Is there any special or specific feeding I need to arrange for him?

Currently, I have in my cabinet the following: omega brand flakes, spirulina flakes, shrimp pellets, algae wafers, micro-pellets, and bloodworms (both frozen and freeze dried). I imagine this should provide enough variety for a still growing betta ... should we feed "more" because he's still so young?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas to You and Yours! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Win or lose, here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Cheers! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    If I were Joker, I'd be more than happy with that menu. I'd also want to be fed small portions twice per day. And please don't overfeed me because that would lead to really poor water quality causing more frequent water changes. I do have to watch my weight because if I don't, it will lead to health problems later in life. Thanks for asking.
    Last edited by Taurus; 04-13-2010 at 04:07 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Your first gift on AC, Welcome to the forum! - Brookfish   welcome - Algenco   Welcome to AC - Celtic Fins   Congrats on your awards! - Brookfish   Congratulations on your award. - Celtic Fins   
    Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - rich311k   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - rich311k   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - rich311k   

0 Not allowed!
    That is a fine variety. Do not feed much at all. A flake or two is all he needs.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Cause you cory is probably lonely. - Scrup   Keep your chin up! - Kazenouta   Gourami-ness - Zilla   Happy Easter - Zilla   Congrats on the betta and the boyfriend! - wolf_eyes   

0 Not allowed!
    Roger that. :)

I will impress upon the boyfriend the sheer importance of not overfeeding ... even if the fishie begs.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Sorry for your loss - lahlumdi   here you go - mommy1   Heres Your Clown Fish! (Happy Easter!) - EmmanuelJB   
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - souly   

0 Not allowed!
    Also, the betta may be small due to prior living condtiions. Bettas grow by the size of water they are in. My betta was TINY when I rescued him from the petstore cup, and he got huge in a week....