· Pond Fish
· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Plant Arrangement -- Which Looks Better?

0 Not allowed!
    Ok ... some of you are problably going to say "Whoa, she's batnuts." after reading thus ...

But here goes anyway.

The plant I'm talking about is some narrow leaf java fern. I had it placed in the tank in a specific way, and then did a water change ... which made the fern float about. I got it refastened and anchored now ... but while I tried to get it back to "how" it was arranged, it's still .... different.

And I'm not sure if it looks good or not.

I really am not sure if I should fuss with it anymore, but it's bothering me. Ever have that "perfectly placed" plant get uprooted or whatever? And then you can never get it back to where it was?

Anywho ...

Here was version One:

And here is version Two:

I think version one looks more spread out and natural. But version one looks a bit taller.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Your batnuts! I had the pictures open side by side and I could see a difference but nothing that I thought made one look better or worse than the other. Sounds like you might be a bit of a perfectionist. I think it looks good in both pics...I would just leave it. Besides the chance it might get loose again it will grow and start looking different anyway.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by wlepse
    Sounds like you might be a bit of a perfectionist.
    Yeah ... up until the point I don't feel like fussing with something anymore ... which sometimes doesn't take very long.

I'm a ... Lazy Perfectionist

Yeah, you're right .... all its going to take is one water change and the plant will end up loosening and fluffing a bit.

I'll leave it alone. I will still stare balefully at it once or twice, though!

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I think ur Banana's ! Then again im a bit Banana's myself so id go with version 1. Im always shifting my plants around.
    For Fishy info and Fishy vids visit my youtube channel. I have added lots of good links and my own views on the main issues of fishkeeping.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/spudsssy?feature=mhum

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish2539
    so id go with version 1. Im always shifting my plants around.
    Irish2539...are you insane? I think it is apparent Rhaethe might be a bit OCD. I totally agree that number one looked far better than it does now. J/K it looks fine.

0 Not allowed!
    I can not find one bit of difference. :)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaethe
    Ok ... some of you are problably going to say "Whoa, she's batnuts." after reading thus ...
    Yup, batnuts.

Seriously, I can't tell the diff. Both look great!
    When in doubt, do a water change.

"This ain't rocket science!"

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah if you can keep it one way or another I'd say go with picture 1. It looks a little better when the leaves get down closer to the gravel I think.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Well, version two is what it looks like now, so it will end up staying that way. I'll just remember to fluff it out a bit during the next water change.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Actually. It's going to have to change, I think. The stump deco the rhizmes are wedged into now isn't really all that porous.

Which means the roots have nowhere to go. Its a very attractive java fern ... I'd like to keep it alive.

I'll rehab it tonight when I get home and make sure the rhizomes and roots have a little room to actually branch out.