· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas - Abbeys_Mom Great advice thanks - nraposa Thanks for helping me with my cichlids - Drumachine09 Always good answers - Lady Hobbs You dont have enough gifts. - Drumachine09 
    Thanks for your help again. - Lady Hobbs goodbye reptileguy....hello Fishguy - Lady Hobbs For always giving me great answere's on my PM's. Thanks for all the help! - cocoa_pleco Thanks For Your Help & Knowledge! :) - MeganL3985 For weakening me against axolotls!!!!!!! - Nick_Pavlovski 
    I am baking today and figured I'd share...Thanks for Always Helping when it's needed! - **AquaQueen** For recommending Fluvals and Stealths - Lady Hobbs Merry Christmas :) - MeganL3985 Merry Christmas! - RichBowyer Thanks for the hikari help - Billythefish 
    No Message - LORENZO Merry Christmas - Northernguy merry christmas.. a fellow fishnutter. - LORENZO merry christmas.. a fellow fishnutter. - LORENZO Merry X-Mas!! - The Red Severum 

0 Not allowed!
    In that setup, no, I would not add anything.
    Aquarist since 1995
    Biologist
    Owner: Aquarium Maintenance Company
    Brian's Aquarium Care: Articles about many aspects of aquarium care.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    @Turtle
    Awesome! Thank you very much! :D

@Fishguy -
    Ok, ignore the current setup than,Like I already said, I don't plan on adding anything right now anyway. If it were somehow ideal setup (whatever you might consider that to be) do you know of any compatibilities?
    Last edited by sd1274; 04-11-2010 at 12:35 AM.

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas - Abbeys_Mom Great advice thanks - nraposa Thanks for helping me with my cichlids - Drumachine09 Always good answers - Lady Hobbs You dont have enough gifts. - Drumachine09 
    Thanks for your help again. - Lady Hobbs goodbye reptileguy....hello Fishguy - Lady Hobbs For always giving me great answere's on my PM's. Thanks for all the help! - cocoa_pleco Thanks For Your Help & Knowledge! :) - MeganL3985 For weakening me against axolotls!!!!!!! - Nick_Pavlovski 
    I am baking today and figured I'd share...Thanks for Always Helping when it's needed! - **AquaQueen** For recommending Fluvals and Stealths - Lady Hobbs Merry Christmas :) - MeganL3985 Merry Christmas! - RichBowyer Thanks for the hikari help - Billythefish 
    No Message - LORENZO Merry Christmas - Northernguy merry christmas.. a fellow fishnutter. - LORENZO merry christmas.. a fellow fishnutter. - LORENZO Merry X-Mas!! - The Red Severum 

0 Not allowed!
    Yes, there are many possibilities and those would vary based on the type and size of turtles, type and size of setup, filtration, water change schedule, individual personalities, etc.
    Aquarist since 1995
    Biologist

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    And if you would please tell me some of those compatible breeds I can start doing some research, but since I can't find anything in google about compatibilities, I came here.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Things that are fast, big, hardy, and the setup is large, super filtered, and has rediculous water changes with turtles that are raised on pellets exclusively (no live foods to chase down), and are raised with the fish.
    Aquarist since 1995
    Biologist

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Cool. Thank you. For the record my sliders eat a diet of veggies and than earthworms. Also, based on a suggestion from my lfs, once a week I give them a little tuna.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Well I myself would wean them off fish, worms, crickets, and don't get bite sized fish, and fast swimmers just in case.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Ok. Thanks for the sugesstion. I will make sure to wean them about a month or so before I do add anything, if I do.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I never can understand why people keep slider turtles in 4 to 6 inches of water. If you have a 4ft 55gal tank, you could make a lot more swimming room by filling it up more. The rule with average aquatic turtles like RES or YBS is 10 gallons of water for every inch of turtle. So unless your turtles are an inch in diameter a piece you already need a new tank. RES's live in ponds and lakes that are waaaay deeper than your 55gal aquarium. Don't be scared to fill it up some more. Just keep it far enough below they cant climb out or keep a lid on it. But either way, you already need a bigger tank. To keep even one full grown RES you need at least a 110gal tank. You can get away with a 75gal if it's a male, as they dont grow quite as big. But eventually two of them together are going to need 200gal of water at least. SO you have to upgrade to an outdoor pond or a stock tank. Otherwise your going to stunt their growth, your already making them drink there own waste in high concentration, there isn't enough filtration in the world to keep 20 gallons of water containing two 6 inch turtles clean. If they were hatchlings or less than a year old, maybe

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Well Jay has a point, if you have a tank might as well put at least a foot of water in it and make an island or dock for the turtles, then you can add fish, the more water you have in the tank the easier it is to keep clean, and the easier it is to maintain the temperature, plecos are a good idea as are plants that your turtles wont eat, have a lot of plants as they oxygenate the water and if the turtles munch on them there will be minimal damage as opposed to a few plants. Comet goldfish are a good idea, but remember not bite sized fish, and goldfish will eat crickets if you feed your turtles live crickets too.
    And remember have fun with this, do not stress on it as there just is no need.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12