· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default breeding minnows

0 Not allowed!
    Hi Everyone,
    I am interested in breeding minnows to use for fishing, I live so far away from a bait shop and fish close to home, so I was wondering if any of you could share some information & knowledge with me.
    Many thanks,
    Frank aka crazyhorse357

0 Not allowed!
    What is the scientific name for the minnows you want to breed?

Awards Showcase

Thanks and your first gift!! - The Red Severum Eggs woo hoo!!! - Gayle My new buddy.  LOL - Lady Hobbs because you're always there to help! - gourami*girl A beer for my fellow canuck! - NickFish 
    For being a pic hound!!! - Alfcea thankyou for all your help - sueshewoman A round of gifts for my friends at ac! - Wild Turkey to a very good buddy,happy thanksgiving - angelcakes Congrats on MOTM - Lady Hobbs 
    For being on the ball and having the forum at heart. - Brookfish Thanks for the gift! Now heres one for you ! - CephalopodLover congrats on MOTM - angelcakes same to you - mrs fishpatrick thanks for the help - LORENZO 
    merry christmas - cocoa_pleco sorry for your loss - lovleeko Seasons Greetings! - Brookfish Joyeux Noel!  :) - KrytterKrys Happy Christmas 2008 - fins_n_fur 
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Northernguy 

0 Not allowed!
    What area do you live in?
    I get minnows galore with just a minnow trap in the lake.I just put a few small pieces of bread in it and and wait.It doesn't take long to get a lot of minnows and crayfish!lol

Are you planning on getting into the business of selling bait?
    Ray Your Freindly Neighborhood,Fully Mod-ified, Self-appointed Pic Hound!! Need pics!!!
    Have you filled out your profile yet ?????????????
    The Fabulous AC ebook Please read>http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/ebook.html

0 Not allowed!
    What kind of minnows? Shiners aer a pain to breed but most livebearers like gambusia are easy. But it is so much easier jsut to trap them, it saves a lot of time and money. As said before

good Luck!
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick"
    Teddy Roosevelt
    I have lots of tanks, 9 I think.

5. Default reply

0 Not allowed!
    I have no idea what the scientific name is for the minnows that I want to breed, they are silver and shiney, like minnows you would buy in a bait shop.
    No, I have no intention of breeding them to sell just to introduce them to the sport of fishing. So, tell me more about trapping them, if that will save me time and money.
    Thanks to all that replied,
    Frank

Awards Showcase

Thanks and your first gift!! - The Red Severum Eggs woo hoo!!! - Gayle My new buddy.  LOL - Lady Hobbs because you're always there to help! - gourami*girl A beer for my fellow canuck! - NickFish 
    For being a pic hound!!! - Alfcea thankyou for all your help - sueshewoman A round of gifts for my friends at ac! - Wild Turkey to a very good buddy,happy thanksgiving - angelcakes Congrats on MOTM - Lady Hobbs 
    For being on the ball and having the forum at heart. - Brookfish Thanks for the gift! Now heres one for you ! - CephalopodLover congrats on MOTM - angelcakes same to you - mrs fishpatrick thanks for the help - LORENZO 
    merry christmas - cocoa_pleco sorry for your loss - lovleeko Seasons Greetings! - Brookfish Joyeux Noel!  :) - KrytterKrys Happy Christmas 2008 - fins_n_fur 
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Northernguy 

0 Not allowed!
    You can buy a minnow trap at any store that sells fishing supplies.

When you get to a good lake bait it with bread and toss it in.Make sure you have a rope tied to it.
    If you are in Ontario there are laws about getting the minnows and using them in the same lake.The Ministry does not them released in a different lake.
    I only buy minnows only when I forget my trap.They are too easy to get.
    Depending on the lake I can trap several dozen in about an hour.
    Ray Your Freindly Neighborhood,Fully Mod-ified, Self-appointed Pic Hound!! Need pics!!!

0 Not allowed!
    What he said^

hot dog chunks work prety good too for minnow bait.
    Teddy Roosevelt

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Yup! Hot dogs work great too! lol
    Just throw it in with the bun! Hold the ketchup,mustard and anything else you like on it!

9. Default reply

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernguy
    What area do you live in?
    I get minnows galore with just a minnow trap in the lake.I just put a few small pieces of bread in it and and wait.It doesn't take long to get a lot of minnows and crayfish!lol

Are you planning on getting into the business of selling bait?

Thanks for the pix of the minnow trap, never seen one before, and I live in Philipp, Mississippi.
    Thanks to all you guys for the information and I will fill out personal information today. Thanks again,
    Frank

0 Not allowed!
    Hi, i live pretty close to you. You should be able to find the traps anywhere around bait shops. bass pro shops in Denham Springs, LA has every trap you can think of.
    Teddy Roosevelt