· Pond Fish
· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Just some thoughts on a bad crab and green chromis.

0 Not allowed!
    As a few of you know , I have a big hermit that is somewhat of a bulldozer. He doesnt eat corals,he moves whole rocks! At least thats what I saw him do later on today. Flash forward to earlier today,he was worrying my green mushrooms to death,not picking at the shrooms themselves but he wanted something under them or around them and he was beating them pretty bad in his attempts.I moved the rock to a different local that he doesnt seem to bother much. Back to later today,he was on them again and this time he was able to actually flip the rock over This rock is about as big as my hand and just as thick,it didnt stop him. In the bowl he goes and Im calling the lfs to find a home. He is gone now and the tank is a poorer place as he was entertaining to say the least.Here is a pic.
    herm9.JPG
    I won potm with him earlier this year but not with this shot of him and his steelers snail. I do have another about half as big but he isnt a bulldozer yet.

On to the chromis. The shop had 4 green chromis,I have read they reach 3 inches or so but this is the first time I have seen full grown ones,they were 4 inches long I bet. I already have 4 of them,I guess Im fully stocked.

0 Not allowed!
    I've had nothing but bad luck with crabs and even shrimp for that matter.

My new rule, "nothing with pointy feet in the tank" seams to be working for me.
    Last edited by Cliff; 11-26-2011 at 09:25 PM.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!
    I'm not fond of hermits either, but I still have them and they don't bug me/the tank anymore. I'm mean to them and don't give them bigger shells to move into, so they can't get big enough to be a problem.

Kinda sucks having a fully stocked tank, then seeing what all is at the fs...you always wonder (until your conscience butts in) if you could fit in just one more creature...
    20gal long planted community

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Dont get me wrong. I didnt want those chromis I saw today. I just had the slap in the face about how big mine are going to get!