· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas to You and Yours! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Win or lose, here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Cheers! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by VoidParadigm
    Gorgeous bird, and nice shot of supper.

Any idea about species? Looks familiar, but I can't place it.
    Nice picture! I'm going to take an educated guess at Red-Tailed Hawk.
    You just can't see the red tail feathers because the top tail feather are covering them.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

you needed a gift - Agassizii   Thanks for the tip! - Northernguy   I'm so sorry :( - Oscar_freak12321   Wishing You A Happy New Year!!! - Jill   Happy New Years, here's your Pl*co! xD - Oscar_freak12321   
    Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - VoidParadigm   

0 Not allowed!
    That's what I thought, Taurus, but as you said, couldn't see any red, so was confused.
    A severe lack of trichogaster.

Just because your Gourami is sick does not mean it is always Iridovirus, DGIV, Gourami Disease, et cetera.
    Look at all the other factors in your tank before coming to this conclusion.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas to You and Yours! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Win or lose, here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Cheers! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    You can really only see the red if the bird is in flight directly over you. From the angle that the picture was taken, you'd never see the red tail feathers.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

A fish for your AC Tank! - Northernguy   Chill Pill for sure.  :) - Lady Hobbs   here's a frontosa for giving good advice - Crispy   Thank you for all the advice - Cliff   You must be a member of the Gourami Mafia too! - Rhaethe   

0 Not allowed!
    Nope, not a red tail.

Our feathered friend was back a few minutes ago and was perched on a lower branch of one of the pine trees. I went out to see what was up as it was a odd place for him / her to sit. As I got closer, he / she flew off into the woods and there were no red tail feathers.

I suspect that we either have mice or rabbits in the wood pile close to where it was perched, hence the reason it keeps coming back.

I didn't know hawks could turn their heads like owls can. Now I do...LOL

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    It may not be a red tail, but it is some kind a hawk. I'll do more research.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Marbles! - Brhino   Time for a fish for your AC tank! - Rue   Happy Birthday 2010 - R2 Ranch   Happy Birthday - Northernguy   nice journal - Crispy   
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - rothenb1   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - rothenb1   

0 Not allowed!
    Identifying a buteo species really depends on where you're located. Looks like a red-shouldered hawk to me.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Nice.