· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Hybrid View

1. Default Where to buy replacement tank frames

0 Not allowed!
    Hello all hoping you can point me in the right direction. I have an old 100 gallon tank 72x18 that popped a side seal. I believe it did this because the frame is busted and the middle supports are broken. The tank is old I bought it used about 20 years ago. I am looking for a replacement frame. I found one on the web along time ago but never bought it. I cant find the link now and was wondering if anyone has any ideas where to look. Thank you.

0 Not allowed!
    glasscages.com has them but I don't know if they have the size you need. You may have to give them a call.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Hobbs
    glasscages.com has them but I don't know if they have the size you need. You may have to give them a call.
    I think they have more sizes than shown on their website. Just need to give them an exact measurement of the tank dimensions. Since some tanks vary a little bit in dimension from one from brand to another.
    http://glasscages.com/?sAction=ViewCat&lCatID=43

If it's just the brace part that is broken, there are ways of creating a replacement brace. Can take a piece of glass, the width of the tank, and silicone it in place where the original brace was. Or if there is still part of the old brace left, you can cut out a piece of thick acrylic and glue it under the original brace. I had a broken 55g brace which I was able to fix this way, after using an epoxy to join the new brace to the old, I drilled holes into the braces and joined them together with nylon bolts. Just remember to put a temporary clamp on the tank, till the epoxy has had time to set.
    Last edited by korith; 03-16-2010 at 01:18 PM.

4. Question Followup on 100 gal frame repair...

0 Not allowed!
    So Johnny Rotten how did you repair your 100 gal? Where did ya get the frame and how is it holding up?

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Rotten
    Hello all hoping you can point me in the right direction. I have an old 100 gallon tank 72x18 that popped a side seal. I believe it did this because the frame is busted and the middle supports are broken. The tank is old I bought it used about 20 years ago. I am looking for a replacement frame. I found one on the web along time ago but never bought it. I cant find the link now and was wondering if anyone has any ideas where to look. Thank you.
    First, do you have a back up tank you can put your fish in temporarily? I'd transfer the filter over as well. What you'll need to do is most likely drain the tank completely, then dry it. While it's air drying run to Walmart or another hardware store if they're open and pick up a tube of silicone. Use that silicone tube and the pointed dispenser to seal it back up. I'd wait a good 48 hours before putting any water back in that tank, just to make sure the seal is nice and dry. Hope this helps. I'm jealous.... your first tank is only 2 years younger than myself LOL that thing is OLD
    28 Gallon Bowfront: 6 Bloodfin Tetras, 6 Emerald Green Catfish, 1 Powder Blue Dwarf Gourami