· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    lol I should have a few good ones I work in a petstore as well! Hmmm now I gotta think back....

Krystle
    i My FiSHieS
    "May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it"
    55g FW Planted Community
    55g FW Planted Cichlid

Budgies: Stella,Snowflake,Pippin, Puck, Cobble
    Kitties: Camo, Pixie, Owl
    Leo Geckos: Topi, GypiDee
    Sun Conure: Tiki DOH 8/9/08
    CAG: Buka DOH 6/6/09
    RF Sun Conure: Pyro DOH 12/25/09
    Peach Front Conure: Kapri DOH 7/17/09
    YS GCConure: Rainbeaux DOH 2008

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Isn't this ironic, pet store employees making fun of not so experienced customers. When there have been similar threads about customers dealing with not so experienced pet store employees.

I was at work one day when a new employee came up and said _______ needs to barrow a Phillips screwdriver. I respond with metric or standard and when I turned around to give him a Phillips he wasn't there. I could hear ______ laughing his _ _ _ off from across the shop. The guy thought I was serious and didn't know that there is no such thing as a metric or standard Phillips.
    55gal Planted community
    12 Neon Tetras
    5 Kuhli Loaches
    3 Otocinclus
    2 Siamese Algae Eaters

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I know there's a few other good ones in my memory that I just can't think of right now, but this one comes to mind...

Customer: ok let me get about 6 of those gold fish right there
    Me: how big is your tank?
    Customer: *points out a 5 gallon tank we sell* about that big
    Me: ok well these gold fish here grow up to be about a foot long (I even show him with my hands about how long a foot is)
    Customer: alright well 6 should do, they probably all won't live anyway.

I tried to tell him that he'll eventually have to get a bigger tank if he wants to keep gold fish but he was pretty determined he could keep them in that small tank of his. Most of the other customers change their minds when they learn how big the gold fish get. I even had one lady today tell me she was just going to bring the goldfish back to us and get new ones when they were too big. I've gotten similar reactions to plecos. Everyone and their brother thinks they need an algae eater even if the fish grows as big as the tank.

0 Not allowed!
    As crazy as the questions are, at least they ask them. The ones that drive me nuts are all those kids on yahoo that have 12 goldfish in a 10 gallon tank. One after another. Five minutes there and I could scream.

Anyway, I don't work in a fish store but a girl come up to me one day and asked me do "angles" get along together. You know how you constantly see angelfish mispelled on the internet? Apparently she saw a post about "angles" and liked the looks of them.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Hobbs
    As crazy as the questions are, at least they ask them. The ones that drive me nuts are all those kids on yahoo that have 12 goldfish in a 10 gallon tank. One after another. Five minutes there and I could scream.

Anyway, I don't work in a fish store but a girl come up to me one day and asked me do "angles" get along together. You know how you constantly see angelfish mispelled on the internet? Apparently she saw a post about "angles" and liked the looks of them.
    hahahah.. thats hilarious. Ive always wondered about the people who constantly make that typo... maybe they read the same post
    <-- Click for journals
    "There is no right way to do the wrong thing." - KingFisher "Only bad things happen fast in this hobby" - Cliff

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I work for Walmart,back when we had our fish tanks some drunk kids came in and needed live fish bait. Didn't want worms,they wanted fish because they were going catfishing on the river. I had no choice-had to sell them all of the kissing gouramis we had in the tank. Poor fish.

(We have since gotten rid of our tanks and I'm glad.)
    50g hex mixed com,30g parrot,5g ACF,16g bow planted. More to come!

0 Not allowed!
    They could have gotten in big trouble for using non native fish as live bait. I would have pointed that out to them, and even consider making the call myself.
    <-- Click for journals
    "There is no right way to do the wrong thing." - KingFisher "Only bad things happen fast in this hobby" - Cliff

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Are you people talking about me??? LOL, I'm sure some of the questions I have asked lately at the fish shops and on here are not far off...lol

Awards Showcase

For your AC Tank! - Northernguy Merry Christmas - Northernguy Happy Birthday!!! - Jill For your love of the pleco. - R2 Ranch I agree with many things you say on many topics, so hee is a gift  that - james20 
    Sorry about your rat. - cer for giving a sick rat a great life - frank_zappa so sorry about JR. - gabbyguppy This one is best! - Agassizii thanks for the motm nomination! - Lab_Rat 
    To another Scotty fan,thx for chatting. - smaug Congrats on your awards. - Brookfish Sorry about Blaze - Rue thank you very much. - smaug 1 year at AC! - Northernguy 
    Thanks for all the help lately i really appreciate it. - octoxpuss cause  your  good - bushwhacker For the Camden Aquarium tour! - Rue Happy Easter! - Northernguy 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - annageckos Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - annageckos Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - annageckos 

0 Not allowed!
    I argued with on guy on the phone for a good half an hour once. He said he bought a albino kingsnake from us and it died. I told him we never carried any albino kingsnakes. He had to have gotten it from someone else. Insided it was from us. Finally, he asked if this was _____ pet store. Nope, he had the wrong store. Turned out the store he did get the snake from, the 'reptile' guy would smack the hatching snakes in the head to teach them not to bite. (&^%&*&^ idiot!
    55 planted Community
    30 planted

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by annageckos
    I argued with on guy on the phone for a good half an hour once. He said he bought a albino kingsnake from us and it died. I told him we never carried any albino kingsnakes. He had to have gotten it from someone else. Insided it was from us. Finally, he asked if this was _____ pet store. Nope, he had the wrong store. Turned out the store he did get the snake from, the 'reptile' guy would smack the hatching snakes in the head to teach them not to bite. (&^%&*&^ idiot!
    There's another pet store only about half a mile from ours, and on the same street. People always come into my store and scream and whine about any et cetera and then when we ask for their receipt it always says the other store. Or we say to them "are you sure you didn't go to ____?" Then it's like a light bulb turns on above their head... "Oh yeah!!"