· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Awards Showcase

Here ya go. - Tigerbarb A little something for a friend!! - Patriot Thanks for being there! - NickFish have a gift - mitcore :D - harls_aussie 
    I hope your dwarf gourami gets better!!! - Blue Ram A little something for my troubles - Tigerbarb Here you go mate! - Tolley My gift, lol - Tigerbarb Another one of my gifts lol - Tigerbarb 
    happy birthday - digger MORE!!! - Tigerbarb thanks! - The Red Severum you have no frog lol - angelcakes the closest thing to a moorish idol :) - Tigerbarb 
    here you go :) - OscarFan Have an oscar bud! - Soxfan For you my homie - xximanoobxx Happy Holidays - travie Merry Christmas - KingFisher 

Wink New addition to the 55...

0 Not allowed!
    Lol, my Dad fell in love with a Frogfish at my lfs, so he couldn't resist paying 80 dollars it. Lol, I don't really see what he finds in it...it hardly moves, and it's not very colorful...yet it's an awesome predator. We haven't fed it yet...the guy at my lfs told us it would eat Goldfish, but I was leaning towards Danios, as they are known to be more nutritious. To prevent any other fish from growing attracted to the brown lump's angler, we placed a divider in the tank, leaving it over a foot of swim room.

So I thought I'd share some pics of our new fish.

"Everybody knows, you only live a day, but it's brilliant anyway..."
    Elliott smith

20g nano reef
    55g FOWLR saltwater
    29g planted freshwater
    10g planted freshwater

0 Not allowed!
    Seems like it would be a cool fish to have!

Awards Showcase

Here ya go. - Tigerbarb A little something for a friend!! - Patriot Thanks for being there! - NickFish have a gift - mitcore :D - harls_aussie 
    I hope your dwarf gourami gets better!!! - Blue Ram A little something for my troubles - Tigerbarb Here you go mate! - Tolley My gift, lol - Tigerbarb Another one of my gifts lol - Tigerbarb 
    happy birthday - digger MORE!!! - Tigerbarb thanks! - The Red Severum you have no frog lol - angelcakes the closest thing to a moorish idol :) - Tigerbarb 
    here you go :) - OscarFan Have an oscar bud! - Soxfan For you my homie - xximanoobxx Happy Holidays - travie Merry Christmas - KingFisher 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by EmmanuelJB
    Seems like it would be a cool fish to have!
    Thanks
    Elliott smith

20g nano reef
    55g FOWLR saltwater
    29g planted freshwater
    10g planted freshwater

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigerbarb
    We haven't fed it yet...the guy at my lfs told us it would eat Goldfish, but I was leaning towards Danios, as they are known to be more nutritious.
    Neither one of these options is a good option for your Frogfish. These fish can generally be easily adapted to alternative foods that are going to be even better for them. Best option is to feed the prawns and Silversides using a long feeding stick. You simply have to wiggle the stick a bit to create movement so that the fish is fooled into thinking it is live. Feeding live foods is not a real problem, but using FW fish is not really a good idea. Also, remember, these fish do not need to be fed every day, 2 times a week is plenty, and like most marine preds, they need to be fed to satiation.
    Considering a Marine Aquarium? A Breakdown of the Components, Live Rock, Cycling a Marine Tank

"The capacity to learn is a gift; The ability to learn is a skill; The WILLINGNESS to learn is a choice." - Unknown

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Okay, I'll pick up some Silversides at my lfs. Thanks for your help ;)
    Elliott smith

20g nano reef
    55g FOWLR saltwater
    29g planted freshwater
    10g planted freshwater