· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Concerned Frog Mom

0 Not allowed!
    I've had a couple of African Dwarf Frogs for almost a year now. When I got them, they were both doing well though I noticed that one of them was more aggressive and tended to eat more than the other. Since then, the more aggressive frog has become larger and hostile toward the other during feedings. And, the more docile frog has become very thin and passive - he never even challenges the other frog for food! I separated the frogs into two separate tanks just a week ago... the larger frog is thriving while the smaller frog continues to be rather inactive and eats little. I have not noticed discoloration on the smaller frog, though I am beginning to worry that he may be sick.

Do you think that the smaller frog may have a physical illness that could be treated with an antibacterial or other drug? Do frogs have a pecking order and/or have different behavioral tendencies (like the alpha or omega wolf in a pack)?

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    All creatures have a pecking order. The biggest and strongest is always going to get the best and most food. The smaller frog may just have had to deal with the bigger one far too long.
    A severe lack of trichogaster.

Just because your Gourami is sick does not mean it is always Iridovirus, DGIV, Gourami Disease, et cetera.
    Look at all the other factors in your tank before coming to this conclusion.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Just offer the smaller frog some rich foods so he gets well faster.Very small trout fishing worms work well.Offer them to him in small 1/4" pics while they still have some wiggle in them.Its not a pack thing or a social order,its just I'm bigger and stronger.Unless you see some sort of skin disorder or cloudy eyes,I would say there are no meds to give atm.Just make sure you offer food directly to the little one,frozen bloodworms,glassworms,shrimp,krill,beefheart will all work but at first the live food may be what he needs to spike his interest.