· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Thread: Dying

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Suprised You Dont Have A Gift Yet!! - MeganL3985   haha chelsea 2-man utd 1 - duce   man united buddy yay - angelcakes   They don't have a Shamrock so here's the next best thing. - Brookfish   Well done on the Angel spawn - Wetpets   

Default Dying

0 Not allowed!
    Simple question, maybe... How long do Siamese fighting fish live for?
    I have had mine 2 weeks short of 2 years.... he ain't looking so hot now.
    I thought he was dead just now, but can still see him breath.

Any ideas?
    Ghostknife

250 Ltr (66Gallon US)
    BGK, Sailfin Pleco, Bala Shark, 3 random cichlids (cannot remember their name, they are not typical though), 4 YoYo Loach's, 1 Bristlenose, 11 Rumy nose tetra, 2 Black Widow Tetra,

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Sorry for your loss - lahlumdi   here you go - mommy1   Heres Your Clown Fish! (Happy Easter!) - EmmanuelJB   
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - souly   

0 Not allowed!
    Most store bought bettas live 2 years and a little more. They can be kept longer if they have decent tanks. Some private breeds have longer living ones. Is your tank heated and such? That can increase the lifespans and they like it more. Whats he doing that makes him look dead? I once looked at my betta and he was swimming around, breathing fine. About an hour later I look over and he's gone.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Suprised You Dont Have A Gift Yet!! - MeganL3985   haha chelsea 2-man utd 1 - duce   man united buddy yay - angelcakes   They don't have a Shamrock so here's the next best thing. - Brookfish   Well done on the Angel spawn - Wetpets   

0 Not allowed!
    I have a heater and filter and the works, the heater is off because it is still really warm. It is about 22 degrees here at the moment, and that is cause it is raining. I put him in with the weaker filter cause he was struggling to not get sucked against it.
    When I say he looks dead, I mean he is curled up in the gravel and not moving. I eventually saw his gills moving so I can see straight away he is struggling.
    I look after my fish, and promote bigger tanks for Bettas to my friends. I do all that I can to make them feel comfortable. I think it is just he is old now. I recall he was one of the bigger ones in the shop at the time, hence I got him.
    Ghostknife

250 Ltr (66Gallon US)
    BGK, Sailfin Pleco, Bala Shark, 3 random cichlids (cannot remember their name, they are not typical though), 4 YoYo Loach's, 1 Bristlenose, 11 Rumy nose tetra, 2 Black Widow Tetra,

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    That is him in my picture there. That is when he was in the 250ltr tank with a few neon tetras!
    Ghostknife

250 Ltr (66Gallon US)

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Sorry for your loss - lahlumdi   here you go - mommy1   Heres Your Clown Fish! (Happy Easter!) - EmmanuelJB   

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah he is probally well over 2 years then. Probally just his time, Is he laying down the gravel on his side or just on the bottom of the tank?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    On his side! He curls up a bit also!
    I thought it might be his time! I hope he makes it to the 17th March though.. Saint Patricks Day you see.. i got him on the 16th, hence his name.. Paddy
    Ghostknife

250 Ltr (66Gallon US)

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Did you check him to see if he hand any visible sickness? Might be able to treat him. You could try adding some aquariuum salt anter changes and see if helps him...thats just if he's possibly sick. But i'm leaning towards the latter with it being his time. Hope everything goes well.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Cheers! I have checked his PH and Ammonia already, that is all fine, so too is the temp, so yeah, must be the end soon! Will let you know when good old Paddy passes on!
    Ghostknife

250 Ltr (66Gallon US)