· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Teacup Stingray

0 Not allowed!
    Said they were illegal in AR. One of my LFS is able to get them, guess it is another species?
    New chatroom!

Awards Showcase

You need gifts. Have a cookie! - Drumachine09 Good luck with your fishie - RobbieG Loving what you bring to the forum. Hope you are a long-term friend here! - gm72 For being you - Nick_Pavlovski Whatever yu want it to be - crackatinny 
    For helping us out and being a GREAT member! - gm72 I love you! - Over Actor Your my hero.....Kinda.....(^: - Kuli_Loach For the help with the coconut! - the P its about time i gave you a gift too! - cocoa_pleco 
    Let's celebrate Chica...maybe you can help make the favors - **AquaQueen** You do great work! - Lady Hobbs who doesn't want a cupcake? lol - tropfish Thanks for being as sweet as this Kiss to me...your a good friend! - **AquaQueen** I'm baking today and figured I'd share with my GF....Hope ya like choco-chip w/nuts - **AquaQueen** 
    For Your Daughter...she will like this better...No Milk! - **AquaQueen** Drink up! - Nick_Pavlovski Thanks for being so nice! - Bill M. Good Luck in the tiebreaker! - RobbieG thanks for adding me as a buddy! - *Sarah* 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - MeganL3985 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MeganL3985 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - MeganL3985 Gay and Lesbian Pride - MeganL3985 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - MeganL3985 
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - MeganL3985 Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - MeganL3985 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by tropfish
    thats really cool! atthe aquairum they had a stingray tak that was on the ceiling so you looked up at their bottoms, and then they fed them it was awesome lol
    If you go to Ripleys Believe It Or Not Aquarium in Myrtle Beach, SC they have a "Ray Bay" Where you can lean over a little rock wall and pet the singrays that come up to you. Some are small others are up to 2-3ft wide. Huge suckers they are...but so gentle and they feel like velvet. I loooove that part of the aquarium. Though occasionally a little shark will come up and they probably dont bite, but i'm not gonna pet them and find out that they do. lol

Heres a pic from their website--
    *Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What Your Up To*

Tanks-
    55 Gallon--On Hold, In Storage...
    20 Gallon High--Tetra and Cory's
    5 Gallon Hex--Guppies (3 Female, 2 Male)
    2.5 Gallon Mini Bow--Future ADF Habitat
    <3 RIP--To My Former Fishies <3

*Aquatic Lounge Chatroom*
    http://theaquaticlounge.chatango.com/

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MeganL3985
    If you go to Ripleys Believe It Or Not Aquarium in Myrtle Beach, SC they have a "Ray Bay" Where you can lean over a little rock wall and pet the singrays that come up to you. Some are small others are up to 2-3ft wide. Huge suckers they are...but so gentle and they feel like velvet. I loooove that part of the aquarium. Though occasionally a little shark will come up and they probably dont bite, but i'm not gonna pet them and find out that they do. lol

Heres a pic from their website--
    http://www.ripleysaquarium.com/images/fun27.jpg
    Wow that's dangerous. If a person got stung they could get in a lot of trouble...

I would love to have a stingray too, in my 100g. My lfs has them, but from what I've read the stings are extremely painful, and dangerous. Also, they're very messy fish to keep.
    10 Gallon FW with Male Betta, 1 male Endler, and 5 Zebra Danios, 100 Gallon with Sevs, Acaras, Parrots and Loaches.

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, swimming, swimming...

0 Not allowed!
    Stingrays are advanced fish to keep, not something left to anyone but true experts.
    8 tanks running now:
    1x 220 gallon, 2x55 gallon, 1x40 gallon long, 1x29 gallon, 1x20 gallon long, 1x5.5 gallon, 1x2 gallon
    Gouramis, barbs, rasboras, plecos, corys, tetras, fancy guppies, swordtails, ottos, rainbow shark, upside-down catfish, snails, and Max and Sparkles the bettas.

0 Not allowed!
    I ain't no expert but if I had a large enough tank and preferably like one of the octagon tanks Petco has, then I would get one in a heart beat to try.
    New chatroom!

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas - Abbeys_Mom Great advice thanks - nraposa Thanks for helping me with my cichlids - Drumachine09 Always good answers - Lady Hobbs You dont have enough gifts. - Drumachine09 
    Thanks for your help again. - Lady Hobbs goodbye reptileguy....hello Fishguy - Lady Hobbs For always giving me great answere's on my PM's. Thanks for all the help! - cocoa_pleco Thanks For Your Help & Knowledge! :) - MeganL3985 For weakening me against axolotls!!!!!!! - Nick_Pavlovski 
    I am baking today and figured I'd share...Thanks for Always Helping when it's needed! - **AquaQueen** For recommending Fluvals and Stealths - Lady Hobbs Merry Christmas :) - MeganL3985 Merry Christmas! - RichBowyer Thanks for the hikari help - Billythefish 
    No Message - LORENZO Merry Christmas - Northernguy merry christmas.. a fellow fishnutter. - LORENZO merry christmas.. a fellow fishnutter. - LORENZO Merry X-Mas!! - The Red Severum 

0 Not allowed!
    Those stingray petting area rays are saltwater/brackish cownose rays, their sting is like that of a bee's. Rays and sharks are not nearly as dangerous as people are led to believe. In Discovery Cove in Orlando I swam with the cownose rays in a large ray feeding pool.

Freshwater rays need big tanks, very clean water, and an advanced keeper. Some species are hardier than others. Some are much larger than others. They are nice but not for beginner to medium aquarists.
    Aquarist since 1995
    Biologist
    Owner: Aquarium Maintenance Company
    Brian's Aquarium Care: Articles about many aspects of aquarium care.

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you for the confirmation, Fishguy!
    8 tanks running now:
    1x 220 gallon, 2x55 gallon, 1x40 gallon long, 1x29 gallon, 1x20 gallon long, 1x5.5 gallon, 1x2 gallon
    Gouramis, barbs, rasboras, plecos, corys, tetras, fancy guppies, swordtails, ottos, rainbow shark, upside-down catfish, snails, and Max and Sparkles the bettas.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I have a timeshare in Curacao, at the Sea Aquarium Resort (literally RIGHT next to the Curacao Sea Aquarium). I went there like, everyday. The earliest was the best so you could see them dumping the 150+ feeder fish into the huge jewfish tank. mauahhaa. But anyway, it was really cool, something like 80+ aquariums. Look it up, its revolutionary as far as aquariums go.

Anyway, they had a ray feeding pool Eagle spotted rays and cow rays, and I fed them a few times. I actually stood in the water (up to my mid-thigh) with fish in my hand, and they came and like vacuums - sucked it right out. Very cool. As long as you dont... say.... step on one or grab it, you wont get stung. They're very docile creatures.
    20 Gallon
    3x Kuhli Loach
    4x Juvenile Red Wag Platy
    3x Red Wag Platy
    1x Dwarf Honey Sunset Gourami
    2x German Blue Rams (M+F)
    3x Otto Cats

65 watt 10000k Flourescant Light
    Live plants, driftwood, rocks.

10 Gallon
    Not sure yet.

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas - Abbeys_Mom Great advice thanks - nraposa Thanks for helping me with my cichlids - Drumachine09 Always good answers - Lady Hobbs You dont have enough gifts. - Drumachine09 
    Thanks for your help again. - Lady Hobbs goodbye reptileguy....hello Fishguy - Lady Hobbs For always giving me great answere's on my PM's. Thanks for all the help! - cocoa_pleco Thanks For Your Help & Knowledge! :) - MeganL3985 For weakening me against axolotls!!!!!!! - Nick_Pavlovski 
    I am baking today and figured I'd share...Thanks for Always Helping when it's needed! - **AquaQueen** For recommending Fluvals and Stealths - Lady Hobbs Merry Christmas :) - MeganL3985 Merry Christmas! - RichBowyer Thanks for the hikari help - Billythefish 
    No Message - LORENZO Merry Christmas - Northernguy merry christmas.. a fellow fishnutter. - LORENZO merry christmas.. a fellow fishnutter. - LORENZO Merry X-Mas!! - The Red Severum 

0 Not allowed!
    Those species are docile. Others are more jumpy, hence more likely to sting.
    Aquarist since 1995
    Biologist
    Owner: Aquarium Maintenance Company
    Brian's Aquarium Care: Articles about many aspects of aquarium care.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I go to Atlanta every year for races at Road Atlanta, and have visited the Georgia Aquarium a few times. They have a Ray & Shark pool there like the one Megan was talking about. Lean right over the wall and pet them! They had bottlenose sharks, which look like small hammerheads. No one was bitten when I was there! The Rays were very soft, and the sharks felt kinda like sandpaper, from what I can remember