· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Huge Red Tailed Catfish at Petco

0 Not allowed!

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    He was in a show tank eating some feeders. I thought he was really cool.

0 Not allowed!
    That's interesting that he was at Petco. Usually you see fish like that at an independent lfs, not a chain store...
    the statement below is false
    the statement above is true
    which one is true?
    Got a small tank? Check out Fishalicious' small fish list! http://fishaliciousfish.blogspot.com...-for-nano.html
    Got a big fish you just can't handle? Check out Monster Fish Rescue! http://www.monsterfishrescue.com/

0 Not allowed!
    They are. But He does look like a hybrid.

And the tank looks a bit smal for him..
    Do as I say. Not as I do.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar_freak12321
    That's interesting that he was at Petco. Usually you see fish like that at an independent lfs, not a chain store...
    yea they have this big show tank. I remember they first had koi in the tank, then a big Oscar then just some feeders then turtles and now this big monster with some turtles. He was eating some feeders when I took this. If you look closely in the back, you can see a small brown goldfish.

Quote Originally Posted by William
    They are. But He does look like a hybrid.

And the tank looks a bit smal for him..
    Yeah the tank looks only about 55 gallons or so.. I'm not sure though. A hybrid of what?
    Last edited by james20; 02-23-2010 at 01:26 AM.

0 Not allowed!
    Most likely a TSN x RTC hybrid
    That is Tiger shovelnose X Red tailed cat
    Do as I say. Not as I do.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    He was probably an adoption! My Petco takes anyfish you bring in. They usually put them back in their tanks and resell them. I'm sure (unless it's a really nice petco) that they will sell him back to someone.
    30g:: Planted: 1 SAE, 1 Bristlenose Pleco, 5 Guppies, 3 Platys, 1 zebra danio, 9 Rasboras

2.5g: 1 Male Betta

Awards Showcase

For your AC Tank! - Northernguy Merry Christmas - Northernguy Happy Birthday!!! - Jill For your love of the pleco. - R2 Ranch I agree with many things you say on many topics, so hee is a gift  that - james20 
    Sorry about your rat. - cer for giving a sick rat a great life - frank_zappa so sorry about JR. - gabbyguppy This one is best! - Agassizii thanks for the motm nomination! - Lab_Rat 
    To another Scotty fan,thx for chatting. - smaug Congrats on your awards. - Brookfish Sorry about Blaze - Rue thank you very much. - smaug 1 year at AC! - Northernguy 
    Thanks for all the help lately i really appreciate it. - octoxpuss cause  your  good - bushwhacker For the Camden Aquarium tour! - Rue Happy Easter! - Northernguy 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - annageckos Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - annageckos Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - annageckos 

0 Not allowed!
    I agree that looks like a hybrid.
    55 planted Community
    30 planted

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I looked for photos of that hybrid, and they look the same!

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Never really understood the point in selling fish that can reach 4-6' .. It's just really not needed. Most people who buy fish, and im saying this from own experience starting out, buy fish without researching.. Then one day that cute little Irridecent shark turns out not to be so little within a few months, to a year, to years and need a tank that can comfortably hold it.. I say do away with big fish that is on display, and perhaps make it an option to special order them. But get some information from the customer first to make sure.