· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adding problem

1. Default Adding problem

0 Not allowed!
    Maybe i just cant find the answer i am looking for, but i didnt see it on here. I am looking to add a teacup ray and want to know if thats safe with aros, koi, oscar, pleco, and crayfish. Anyone know the potential problems? The crayfish can be moved to another tank if need be.

Awards Showcase

Thanks and your first gift!! - The Red Severum Eggs woo hoo!!! - Gayle My new buddy.  LOL - Lady Hobbs because you're always there to help! - gourami*girl A beer for my fellow canuck! - NickFish 
    For being a pic hound!!! - Alfcea thankyou for all your help - sueshewoman A round of gifts for my friends at ac! - Wild Turkey to a very good buddy,happy thanksgiving - angelcakes Congrats on MOTM - Lady Hobbs 
    For being on the ball and having the forum at heart. - Brookfish Thanks for the gift! Now heres one for you ! - CephalopodLover congrats on MOTM - angelcakes same to you - mrs fishpatrick thanks for the help - LORENZO 
    merry christmas - cocoa_pleco sorry for your loss - lovleeko Seasons Greetings! - Brookfish Joyeux Noel!  :) - KrytterKrys Happy Christmas 2008 - fins_n_fur 
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Northernguy 

0 Not allowed!
    What is the foot print of your tank?
    Ray Your Freindly Neighborhood,Fully Mod-ified, Self-appointed Pic Hound!! Need pics!!!
    Have you filled out your profile yet ?????????????
    The Fabulous AC ebook Please read>http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/ebook.html

Awards Showcase

Friends don't let friends drink alone, and I'm there for you man - Cliff After all that virtual alcohol it's time to sober up with some virtual food - mommy1 I can't drink alone mate - ScottishFish I won't thank you because it's a thankless job 7 also I cannot find any CUC type gifts but thanks [ - 850R Cheers bud - Cliff 
    Time for a Pint? I cannae drink alone - ScottishFish Implied message here. - mommy1 Congrats MOTM !!! - Cliff Cheers! - escamosa I dunno why I'm giving you a skunkloach as your prize,. They just sound cool! :) - escamosa 
    Merry Christmas - KingFisher Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas!! - ScottishFish Happy X-mas! :-) - MCHRKiller Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 
    A cup of coffee to get you going on that build. - Strider199 Merry xmas! - ScottishFish Merry Christmas - mommy1 Happy New Year - mommy1 Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chesime
    Maybe i just cant find the answer i am looking for, but i didnt see it on here. I am looking to add a teacup ray and want to know if thats safe with aros, koi, oscar, pleco, and crayfish. Anyone know the potential problems? The crayfish can be moved to another tank if need be.
    Bioload will be a problem. Koi, oscars, and plecos all have a huge impact on the bioload. They're very messy fish... this won't be good for the ray. Crayfish would not be a good idea either. Rays and aros are fine though. You'll need a big footprint to house both longterm.
    Thar she blows!!!

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    If this is for the 90 gallon then my flat out answer is no, don't do it.

1) Crayfish and plecos will compete with the rays for territory, not to mention likely hurt it.

2) Your profile page says you have three koi in a 90 gallon. Unless they're moving, and moving soon, you are far too overstocked. Three koi need 2000 gallons of water.

3) An Aro is going to outgrow your tank as well in no time.

Hope you're upgrading VERY soon.
    My opinion is still no, though, due to the other bottom feeders you have in there.
    A severe lack of trichogaster.

Just because your Gourami is sick does not mean it is always Iridovirus, DGIV, Gourami Disease, et cetera.
    Look at all the other factors in your tank before coming to this conclusion.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I forgot to mention that I didn't update my profile. I only have one Koi, two aros, the oscar and the two bottom dwellers. I won't be keeping them in the 90 for too long. They'll be upgraded to another tank soon. So in this case would it be okay? Or still no? Should I sell my crayfish first?

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    One koi will still need a thousand gallons. You might as well just sell it or donate it now while you can - as well as the crayfish.

If you're going to keep the pleco in with everybody you'll have to watch them carefully to make sure the pleco doesn't try to harm the ray and that the ray is getting enough food.

Two Aros may be highly aggressive towards each other once they're full-grown. You'll have to keep an eye out for any damage.

What size tank are you going to upgrade to?

Just because your Gourami is sick does not mean it is always Iridovirus, DGIV, Gourami Disease, et cetera.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    We have a 200 in mind somewhere, I don't really know where it is right now, but I was thinking of buying a 400 gallon. The Koi will be going to someone's pond if it starts getting too big in the tank. He's too small for the pond right now and I wasn't really worried about him. I wanted to dig a pond, but I never got to it.

I really appreciate everyone's posts. Thanks.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    As always, bigger is better, especially if you want to risk keeping the two aros together long-term.

Good luck with the tank developements.

Awards Showcase

For your AC Tank! - Northernguy Merry Christmas - Northernguy Happy Birthday!!! - Jill For your love of the pleco. - R2 Ranch I agree with many things you say on many topics, so hee is a gift  that - james20 
    Sorry about your rat. - cer for giving a sick rat a great life - frank_zappa so sorry about JR. - gabbyguppy This one is best! - Agassizii thanks for the motm nomination! - Lab_Rat 
    To another Scotty fan,thx for chatting. - smaug Congrats on your awards. - Brookfish Sorry about Blaze - Rue thank you very much. - smaug 1 year at AC! - Northernguy 
    Thanks for all the help lately i really appreciate it. - octoxpuss cause  your  good - bushwhacker For the Camden Aquarium tour! - Rue Happy Easter! - Northernguy 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - annageckos Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - annageckos Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - annageckos 

0 Not allowed!
    The name 'teacup' ray can cover many species. A lot of the time any small ray is called a 'teacup'. You should really find out what species it is and research it's needs. IMO rays, even smaller species, should be housed in something the size of a kiddie pool.
    55 planted Community
    30 planted

0 Not allowed!
    I honestly don't think you want anymore fish in that tank. Even just an Oscar is not recommended in a tank less than 75 gallons. Koi are cold water fish and belong in a pond, as well.