· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Latest gifts & ribbons:

nice monsters! - Crispy   

Default Chesime's Journal

0 Not allowed!
    So I decided this where I should be posting what's going on in my tanks.

Today I bought a 8" silver Arowana for $50. Pretty Decent. Now he's like the PaPa for my 4" Jardini. They're getting along too well. Suspicious. I thought that they might fight. Can't complain much can I though?

Well, anyway, the reason why I bought a silver Aro was because I lost three fish, unsure quite how... They just dissappered. Really! No lie. They weren't in the tank, I didn't take them out, and my daughter's only 2 1/2. She can't reach the tank. Period.

Who's missing? My beautiful butterfly Koi who was 9 1/2", my other Koi who was 9" and lastly, my ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS 6" Comet. The comet was originally a feeder for my Oscar, but during the Massachusetts Ice Storm, he survived and my Oscar didn't. I am sad for my fish, they must be somewhere in Fishy Heavem. I probably will be sad for a couple of months.

One Koi did survive and I call him "The Great White". He's my pig because he sucks up everything. I'm glad he's around...

Today I looked in another tank and noticed a bunch of guppy fry at the bottom. Didn't even know any of my females were ready to POP. They were all small last night and for the entire week prior. Where did these fry come from??? There are over 30! I stopped counting really, somewhere after 20.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your award! - Brookfish   Congrats on your award! - Brookfish   Congrats on your award! - Brookfish   Thanks for profiles - William   Profiles and being generally awesome. - William   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Oscar_freak12321   

0 Not allowed!
    What is the stocking of the tank? From what I can tell, you have a jardini and silver arowana, a koi, and a bunch of guppy fry, all in one tank...
    the statement below is false
    the statement above is true
    which one is true?
    Got a small tank? Check out Fishalicious' small fish list! http://fishaliciousfish.blogspot.com...-for-nano.html
    Got a big fish you just can't handle? Check out Monster Fish Rescue! http://www.monsterfishrescue.com/

Latest gifts & ribbons:

nice monsters! - Crispy   

0 Not allowed!
    Lol. I have three tanks. Only two are in use right now. One is a guppy tank for breeding fancies as feeders.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your award! - Brookfish   Congrats on your award! - Brookfish   Congrats on your award! - Brookfish   Thanks for profiles - William   Profiles and being generally awesome. - William   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Oscar_freak12321   

0 Not allowed!
    Ah. Ok. Well, to clear up the mystery in the guppy tank a little bit; Females can store sperm from a male for up to three months if I remember correctly, and not only JUST that male. They could be popping out babies from a male they interacted with from a month ago.
    which one is true?
    Got a small tank? Check out Fishalicious' small fish list! http://fishaliciousfish.blogspot.com...-for-nano.html
    Got a big fish you just can't handle? Check out Monster Fish Rescue! http://www.monsterfishrescue.com/

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Also, what are the silver and jardini being housed in right now?
    which one is true?

Latest gifts & ribbons:

nice monsters! - Crispy   

0 Not allowed!
    But shouldn't it take about a month for the female to pop out some fry?

They're in a 90 gallon. They'll move into a bigger tank before they really NEED to be moved.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I would believe that is correct, yes. Again though, might be a male from a while back.
    which one is true?

Latest gifts & ribbons:

nice monsters! - Crispy   

0 Not allowed!

Latest gifts & ribbons:

nice monsters! - Crispy   

0 Not allowed!

Latest gifts & ribbons:

nice monsters! - Crispy   

0 Not allowed!
    These are a few of my babies. In this tank, I'm missing a picture of my Oscar. He was scared and he hid a lot. His color was gone in the pictures I did get of him, so it wasn't worth posting. He's really cute though. For a fish. He's friendly and likes to be petted. Again though, he was scared.

Black Water Extract made it hard for me to take pictures of them.