Thread: Crazy rabbitfish
02-19-2010, 06:04 PM #1
We had a scare last night. I was attaching some coral to my rock with superglue gel. The whole time I had my eye on our rabbitfish because his spines are venomous and is too friendly and likes to get close. He started getting a little to friendly while I was holding a coral waiting for the glue to set up, so I let go of the coral and pulled my hand out. The coral fell and some half dried glue was exposed on the rock. The little pig rabbitfish went over chomped on it and swallowed it. I thought for sure he would glue his mouth shut but luckily he didn't. He's eating fine and opening his mouth.
I don't know what I would have done had he glued his mouth shut. I can't handle him cause he's venomous.
29 gallon-planted community
20 long frag tank
75 gal-planted goldfish
75 gallon mixed reef with 20 gallon sump
02-19-2010, 10:06 PM #2
I'd try leather gloves and have a phone nearby with 911 set as speed dial.. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
02-20-2010, 05:00 AM #3
Lol wow, glad to hear your fish is okay."Everybody knows, you only live a day, but it's brilliant anyway..."
20g nano reef
55g FOWLR saltwater
29g planted freshwater
10g planted freshwater
02-20-2010, 01:32 PM #4
I would only be worried if u were allergic to bee stings..
02-20-2010, 01:46 PM #5
agreed. They are venomous but the sting is somewhat akin to a bee-sting. Not the most comfortable thing in the world to get hit with, but definitely not as bad as getting hit by a lionfish.