· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by souly
    Also, why would we have the ability to buy rep in the store?
    To be honest I hadn’t noticed that option. It has been removed. So has the option to buy rep related options that you already got as a default on this forum.
    Do as I say. Not as I do.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah some of the store items were already defualts which I thought was odd. Like changing the user images....

0 Not allowed!
    Yes there might still be some left. I wil look through all options later today.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristoff
    I'm not wishing to offend anyone here, but what about "rep" could possibly be so important here that one would work up a "reputation scheme"?

I mean rep is a fun add-on to the site; and I thank everyone that has liked my postings enough to give some to me, but unless there is a check of some sort that is based on rep points I just can't see why anyone would take it that seriousley.
    You'd be amazed, trust us. Ridiculous people doing ridiculous things.
    8 tanks running now:
    1x 220 gallon, 2x55 gallon, 1x40 gallon long, 1x29 gallon, 1x20 gallon long, 1x5.5 gallon, 1x2 gallon
    Gouramis, barbs, rasboras, plecos, corys, tetras, fancy guppies, swordtails, ottos, rainbow shark, upside-down catfish, snails, and Max and Sparkles the bettas.

Awards Showcase

Good luck with the community tank!  You WILL post pics when it's up and running!  Welcome to AC BTW - Mith for ur tank ! welcome to AC ! - Neon im not a good hug'er - rookie Grats on the fry! - Northernguy To go with your beer!  Thanks for the help! - dragoonwoman 
    Thanks for playing Mafia! - Agassizii Happy Holidays - Northernguy Hey!  I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!!!! - Mith Welcome to AC. - Brookfish For your pancake bunny - Cliff 
    aww thanks LOL  (Mith welling up with tears) LOL - Mith For all your help and patience!!!!! - fish00053 That was the greatist thing ever - Pele A new cory for your 10 gallon - Cliff For the É help - Rue 
    Dude that's the funniest signature I've seen on this site. Have a beer. - harpua2002 A piece of cake to thank everybody that posted in my anniversary thread for their kind words. - gadget228 For getting too close to pleco's breeding rabbits. - gadget228 Awesome sig, make me chuckle :) - FinalJenemba Merry Xmas! Hope U have a good one! Thanks for all the DIY help! :) - Mrs.JayMay23 

0 Not allowed!
    So if we give people Rep and it is not considered valuable by a Mod, we can lose our rep?
    Just looking for clarification, as this could have a big impact on people giving rep. (I personally will no longer give it unless it is some phenominal informative post if I am understanding the new rules correctly)

Again not trying to stir the pot or anything, just wanting to know if by valuable if it is on a personal level, like , "well put reply to XXX" (which could be valuable to the community) or if its something like only give rep when you can say- "good job eliminating all disease from all fish ever".

That make any sense at all?

Am I just overthinking this? Should I just carry on as normal?
    Who is "General Failure" and why is he reading my hard drive?

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrup
    So if we give people Rep and it is not considered valuable by a Mod, we can lose our rep?
    Just looking for clarification, as this could have a big impact on people giving rep. (I personally will no longer give it unless it is some phenominal informative post if I am understanding the new rules correctly)

Again not trying to stir the pot or anything, just wanting to know if by valuable if it is on a personal level, like , "well put reply to XXX" (which could be valuable to the community) or if its something like only give rep when you can say- "good job eliminating all disease from all fish ever".

That make any sense at all?

\

Am I just overthinking this? Should I just carry on as normal?
    I agree with you.

0 Not allowed!
    You are overthinking it. You will still decide what you think is rep worthy.

Odds are that you can just continue on as usuall unless you have a habit of giving rep for Pms, giving rep to the same friends each day no matter what or if they post etc. 99% of all memebrs will not be affected by this in any way.

Awards Showcase

After all that virtual alcohol it's time to sober up with some virtual food - mommy1 I can't drink alone mate - ScottishFish I won't thank you because it's a thankless job 7 also I cannot find any CUC type gifts but thanks [ - 850R Cheers bud - Cliff Time for a Pint? I cannae drink alone - ScottishFish 
    Implied message here. - mommy1 Congrats MOTM !!! - Cliff Cheers! - escamosa I dunno why I'm giving you a skunkloach as your prize,. They just sound cool! :) - escamosa Merry Christmas - KingFisher 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas!! - ScottishFish Happy X-mas! :-) - MCHRKiller Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 A cup of coffee to get you going on that build. - Strider199 
    Merry xmas! - ScottishFish Merry Christmas - mommy1 Happy New Year - mommy1 Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Happy Birthday. - gadget228 

0 Not allowed!
    The rep is a great feature and I would hate to see it any different. Agreed some have exploited this, but the majority of us really appreciate it. Good advice should get good rep.
    Thar she blows!!!

0 Not allowed!
    could not agree more

0 Not allowed!
    Well put Crispy. I like what one teacher always used to say to me: "rules are not in place for the ones who abide by them, they are there to keep those in check who won't." The majority of the users on this site use the Rep system very well, it's the few that don't or the few that have abused it in the past that make this announcement necessary, and yes, there have been rep schemes in the past. Sad.
    Thanks for the clarification William.
    Considering a Marine Aquarium? A Breakdown of the Components, Live Rock, Cycling a Marine Tank

"The capacity to learn is a gift; The ability to learn is a skill; The WILLINGNESS to learn is a choice." - Unknown