· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

0 Not allowed!
    Good job! Now your task is to stay on top of the situation. A little extra time with your fish will go a long way!
    8 tanks running now:
    1x 220 gallon, 2x55 gallon, 1x40 gallon long, 1x29 gallon, 1x20 gallon long, 1x5.5 gallon, 1x2 gallon
    Gouramis, barbs, rasboras, plecos, corys, tetras, fancy guppies, swordtails, ottos, rainbow shark, upside-down catfish, snails, and Max and Sparkles the bettas.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I'm getting a little frustrated... Checked the Ammonia this morning... .50ppm... did a 50% watch change. This evening... 1.00ppm(just a shade under so call it .90ppm)? How did it get worst? They have only been in there a week (there's only 2). Can their be that much waste already? Do I need to clean the gravel already? I know I don't want to stress them but how many ppm is harmful? The kit I have really doesn't say? With 2 kids and 2 jobs I can't change the water more than once a day.

Thanks,
    Last edited by MrKickalot; 05-07-2007 at 01:10 AM.
    --------------------------------------------------

1-110 gallon tank containing:
    3 Bala Sharks
    2 Silver Tip Sharks
    6 Tiger Barbs
    5 Long Fin Barbs
    2 Pink Kissing Gouramis
    2 Spotted Rubber Pleco
    All Live Plants

New 29 gallon tank Containing:
    2 Jack Dempseys

Man this is fun!!

0 Not allowed!
    You shouldn't need to change the water more than once weekly once you have your tank cycled. Doesn't sound like your tank is cycled yet. Hence your difficulty.
    8 tanks running now:
    1x 220 gallon, 2x55 gallon, 1x40 gallon long, 1x29 gallon, 1x20 gallon long, 1x5.5 gallon, 1x2 gallon
    Gouramis, barbs, rasboras, plecos, corys, tetras, fancy guppies, swordtails, ottos, rainbow shark, upside-down catfish, snails, and Max and Sparkles the bettas.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Now I have a new question?? It seems like with or without water changes the ammonia has stabalized at 1.0 ppm. I know that's high but it seems to be stable. Nitrates and Nitrites are 0. Any ideas why??

Thanks again for the help.

3 Bala Sharks
    2 Silver Tip Sharks
    6 Tiger Barbs
    5 Long Fin Barbs
    2 Pink Kissing Gouramis
    2 Spotted Rubber Pleco
    All Live Plants

2 Jack Dempseys

Man this is fun!!

0 Not allowed!
    Are you sure your test kit is accurate? Are you overfeeding? We need to keep that ammonia down.
    8 tanks running now:

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    This is really messing with the fish... The larger one (female I think) darts into the glass at full speed and jumps out of the water and hits the hood before settling down enough to hide. Another water change with no change in Ammonia... 1.0 ppm? Still no nitrates or nitrites. I just can't figure it out... Here's a off subject question? Here's my tank maybe there's something in it that messes it up... new gravel, plastic plants, 2 clay flower pots, Fluval 205 filter and a 6" Airstone from Walmart, any chance that is making a difference?

I'll keep you all posted!

Thanks,
    Last edited by MrKickalot; 05-09-2007 at 03:26 AM.

3 Bala Sharks
    2 Silver Tip Sharks
    6 Tiger Barbs
    5 Long Fin Barbs
    2 Pink Kissing Gouramis
    2 Spotted Rubber Pleco
    All Live Plants

2 Jack Dempseys

Man this is fun!!

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrKickalot
    This is really messing with the fish... The larger one (female I think) darts into the glass at full speed and jumps out of the water and hits the hood before settling down enough to hide. Another water change with no change in Ammonia... 1.0 ppm? Still no nitrates or nitrites. I just can't figure it out... Here's a off subject question? Here's my tank maybe there's something in it that messes it up... new gravel, plastic plants, 2 clay flower pots, Fluval 205 filter and a 6" Airstone from Walmart, any chance that is making a difference?

I'll keep you all posted!

Thanks,

the pots are not going to make any difference in the ammonia level. actually, nothing you listed would make a negative impact on the ammo. level

0 Not allowed!
    Are you sure you are reading the test results properly? Not trying to be smart about it, but something is very wrong and your fish are paying for it.
    8 tanks running now:

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    you all will be happy to know the ammonia levels have fallen to .25ppm!! Nitrite is up a little.. .25ppm. PH is 7.2 and Nitrates are about 10! As ammonia goes down one of the "N's" goes up.. nitrites or nitrates? Just need to know what to keep a really close eye on!! Thanks again for all your help!!
    Last edited by MrKickalot; 05-15-2007 at 11:15 PM.

3 Bala Sharks
    2 Silver Tip Sharks
    6 Tiger Barbs
    5 Long Fin Barbs
    2 Pink Kissing Gouramis
    2 Spotted Rubber Pleco
    All Live Plants

2 Jack Dempseys

Man this is fun!!

0 Not allowed!
    Ammonia goes down, nitrITe goes up, then the nitrITe is converted to nitrATe and it goes up, nitrITe goes down.
    8 tanks running now: