· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Question loaches with danios?

0 Not allowed!
    In my 46 gallon I've had ten glowfish, two leopard danios and a bn pleco. Maybe I wasn't paying enough attention, but it wasn't until after I had added a border loach and three zebra loaches that I noticed some missing pieces of tails on the glowfish/danios.
    Could the loaches be attacking the small fish while they sleep, or is this a result of the danios chasing one another? There's no sign of rot or fungus.
    Thanks!

0 Not allowed!
    I would think it'd be the danios. Danios are schoolers, and need at least more than two fish.
    the statement below is false
    the statement above is true
    which one is true?
    Got a small tank? Check out Fishalicious' small fish list! http://fishaliciousfish.blogspot.com...-for-nano.html
    Got a big fish you just can't handle? Check out Monster Fish Rescue! http://www.monsterfishrescue.com/

0 Not allowed!
    Loaches can be aggressive, probably not the zebras (pretty docile loach) but it might be the border loach, try getting a few more and see if that helps the problem any.

In a school of 12 I doubt the danios would pick on each other enough to cause that much damage...

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks, but because glowfish are also danios, other than the normal chasing they all seem to get along the same way. The leopards are a little slower, but it's the glowfish whose tails have been chomped on.

0 Not allowed!
    My zebras are more aggressive than the border. They don't seem as docile as some websites led me to believe.
    Are loaches able to bite?
    Would they sneak up on danios as they sleep?

0 Not allowed!
    they can tear a snail out of their shell, they can definitely take a bit of fin off of a danio :P

my zebras have always been active but never aggressive towards other fish...

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Well I had a Danio who sadly passed away a few days ago :( but she lived very happily with Jack my sucker loach. He NEVER touched her and trust me, if he wanted he could have killed her in one bite, hes a big ole guy and she was only a wee Danio!
    Owner of four fish in my wee tank! Two White Cloud Minnows: Jerry and James, one Rosey Red Minnow: Peachy and a sucker loach called Jack.

I LOVE CAMARO'S!

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    my loach is a bully, and bites the crap out of other fish. he really liked my betta till i took him out. when he eats the wafers you can actually hear the biting. and he didn't wait for sleeping

Awards Showcase

A lovely red rose for you to enjoy ... - mermaidwannabe for the help - smaug Happy Father's Day! - Aminax awesome tank in TOTM - Lady Hobbs Good guess! - Lab_Rat 
    To match your Super speed LOL - 850R Cool contest! - Wild Turkey Great shrimp advice - Wild Turkey You have the patience of a rock - Aeonflame Happy 5th Anniversary - Aminax 
    Thanks! - Scrup hmm i dont this its the right species... but merry xmas XD - genocidex Merry Christmas! I blub you! - Aminax I love following your informative and well designed threads. I hope these loaches get huge for you! - Sandz Happy 30th birthday! - Aminax 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks for you help! Cheers! - koaladarshana Happy Birthday Bud. Cheers! - Strider199 Merry Xmas! Ill drink to that! - Sandz Happy New Year! - jeffs99dime 
    Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - Brhino 

0 Not allowed!
    this thread is two years old.
    300 gallon mega tank: build in progress
    75 gallon community tank: tetras, danios, corys, platies, otos, pearl gouramis, bristlenose pleco, assassin snails, red cherry shrimp, bamboo shrimp
    70 gallon growout tank: clown loaches, sailfin pleco
    60 gallon goldfish tank: fancy goldfish
    29 gallon frog tank: 1 bullfrog
    10 gallon and 5.5 gallon betta tanks: 1 male betta each, sometimes snails