· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Thread: Oh No!!!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

you need some gifts - Lady Hobbs   strawberry daquari anyone? - Lady Hobbs   food, food, food - Lady Hobbs   My hero! - Lady Hobbs   Have another? - Drumachine09   
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - xoolooxunny   Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - xoolooxunny   

Default Oh No!!!

0 Not allowed!
    Came home from work today and a giant danio was on the bottom, not breathing super fast, and when i went to net him, the pathetic attempt to swim away looked like an s-curved convulsion of some sort. yesterday, before my 50% water change, everybody was doing fine!

ph 7.0
    Nitrites, Amm0 0ppm
    Nitrates 5-10ppm
    temp 76-78
    Normal feeding, no chemicals added all parameters are b4 &after the WC.

Gave him the clove oil and icy water treatment.
    -75g FW community, planted
    -10g FW guppies, planted
    -44g Terrarium, tree frog, various plants.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Cheers - Cliff   Merry Christmas! - Plecos   Happy Holidays. - gadget228   Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! - Plecos   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue   Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue   

0 Not allowed!
    ...my condolences...

...I think something is off in my puffer tank too...found one little guy on the bottom...flushed out the other 3...they're all alive, but not 'normal'...
    55 g Goldfish Tank - 3 Fancies, 2 Comets
    25 g Tropical Tank - Celestial Pearl Danio/Mixed

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Member of the month, a toast is in order. - Strider199   Sorry about your blood parrot :-( - ~firefly~   For this; http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showthread.php?t=111325 - Strider199   :-) - ~firefly~   Happy mother's day! Enjoy one on me LOL - imma24   
    Childhood Cancer - hobbs   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - hobbs   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Lady Hobbs   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Lady Hobbs   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Lady Hobbs   

0 Not allowed!
    He was not breathing super-fast?? LOL Kidding aside, guy. I am very sorry to hear you have a sick one. Your water is perfect so it isn't anything you've done.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

thanks for good advice - hobbs   ROADTRIP! - Drumachine09   We'll need a case of these for the roadtrip, got the humvee waitin. lol - cocoa_pleco   NO plants = Sour grapes  LOL - hobbs   Wooden Spoon Protection! - Drumachine09   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by xoolooxunny
    Came home from work today and a giant danio was on the bottom, not breathing super fast, and when i went to net him, the pathetic attempt to swim away looked like an s-curved convulsion of some sort. yesterday, before my 50% water change, everybody was doing fine!

ph 7.0
    Nitrites, Amm0 0ppm
    Nitrates 5-10ppm
    temp 76-78
    Normal feeding, no chemicals added all parameters are b4 &after the WC.

Gave him the clove oil and icy water treatment.
    Sounds like fish TB to me. A cardinal I had exhibited the same behaviour.
    Foshizzle.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

you need some gifts - Lady Hobbs   strawberry daquari anyone? - Lady Hobbs   food, food, food - Lady Hobbs   My hero! - Lady Hobbs   Have another? - Drumachine09   
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - xoolooxunny   Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - xoolooxunny   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Hobbs
    He was not breathing super-fast?? LOL Kidding aside, guy. I am very sorry to hear you have a sick one. Your water is perfect so it isn't anything you've done.
    Well i say that bc usually a sick fish symptom is fast breathing. And yes, some of my phrases and terminology i use with my friends will slip in here every now and again!

FISH TB!!!!!!!!!! CHRONA THAT IS NOT THE ANSWER I WANTED!!!
    -10g FW guppies, planted

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

thanks for good advice - hobbs   ROADTRIP! - Drumachine09   We'll need a case of these for the roadtrip, got the humvee waitin. lol - cocoa_pleco   NO plants = Sour grapes  LOL - hobbs   Wooden Spoon Protection! - Drumachine09   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by xoolooxunny
    Well i say that bc usually a sick fish symptom is fast breathing. And yes, some of my phrases and terminology i use with my friends will slip in here every now and again!

FISH TB!!!!!!!!!! CHRONA THAT IS NOT THE ANSWER I WANTED!!!
    Well, the weird back shape/convulsion is a pretty dead giveaway. I believe the only thing that can really cause it is TB and/or nutrient deficiency, but that's more of a long term thing. I've been reading some articles, and there are theories that almost half of all aquariums contain fish TB, just like almost all aquariums contain ich, etc to some level, that takes over when fish are stressed. However, nearly all cases of humans being infected are in marine tanks, not freshwater, as the strains of bacteria are different.
    Foshizzle.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrona
    Well, the weird back shape/convulsion is a pretty dead giveaway. I believe the only thing that can really cause it is TB and/or nutrient deficiency, but that's more of a long term thing. I've been reading some articles, and there are theories that almost half of all aquariums contain fish TB, just like almost all aquariums contain ich, etc to some level, that takes over when fish are stressed. However, nearly all cases of humans being infected are in marine tanks, not freshwater, as the strains of bacteria are different.
    I just got done reading about the FW/SW bacterias also, and there is no way my fishies have a nutrient deficiency, they get all types of food, in rotations.

In about the 3/4 of a year i've had my tank, ive fed brine shrimp to them about 3 times, could this have introduced it? this is the second time one of my danios has gone out this way, the first one about 2 or 3 months ago, cant really remember.

I also read that I can feed antibacterial food to them, does that stuff really work?? bc i sure as heck aint tryin to inject a $2 fish.
    -10g FW guppies, planted

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    No, the only antibiotics that can treat it are injection-based and you can only get the stuff from a vet. Just wait to see what happens though.
    Foshizzle.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrona
    No, the only antibiotics that can treat it are injection-based and you can only get the stuff from a vet. Just wait to see what happens though.
    My friend is a vet tech, and she got me some panacur C for my tree froggy so he wouldnt die of parasites. it saved his life. Now I have her on lock, trying to figure out this eurthromycin stuff right now.
    -10g FW guppies, planted

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas - Abbeys_Mom   heres a easter egg for easter! - cocoa_pleco   you need a slush - Lady Hobbs   What? Only 3 gifts? I'll change that! - Drumachine09   RAK - DemonShark   

0 Not allowed!
    Maybe the danio just died of old age, you never know.
    CORRECTED video of my fish. This link works. For sure. Really.

Tanks:
    20g long: 4 panda cories, 1 honey gourami, 1 apistogramma borellii, 1 male cacatuoides
    20g High: 3 bolivian rams, 12 rasboras
    8g hex: empty
    5g: empty